[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Now is the time to trade for Bojan Bogdanovic
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/28/2024  7:11 PM
He can come right in and play the 3 and 4. He’s not the player Randle is but can provide the shooting and scoring. Even with a healthy Randle the Knicks need a scorer. His contract is for one more year and remains tradable in a big trade. He can start alongside Anunoby but once Randle comes back he can lead the bench unit offense. McBride, Hart, OG, Bojan and Achiuwa second unit still doesn’t have a playmaking lead guard but that’s a problem Knicks can reassess at a different time. As far as a trade, Knicks can send Fournier and grimes to match up perfectly salary wise. Then it’s about draft compensation. It might be as simple as sending Detroit their pick back. But this is an opportunity where the quality fill-in is there and it won’t break the bank. Bojan is a perfect player for a Brunson team. More shooting on top of efficient scoring. This summer Knicks might have a backup playmaker in Jokubaitis anyways if they finally bring him over. But getting a scorer for this team that can fill in multiple positions would be extremely valuable.
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/28/2024  8:22 PM
the time was before Randle got hurt - assume other teams are going to sense desperation.

I know it's unrealistic, but would like to see what the best package we can get for Fournier & Picks.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/28/2024  8:24 PM
franco12 wrote:the time was before Randle got hurt - assume other teams are going to sense desperation.

I know it's unrealistic, but would like to see what the best package we can get for Fournier & Picks.

Feel like our FO doesn't operate that way.

They keep sending out "Ainge, you need to **** off with that ask" vibes to me.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

1/28/2024  8:44 PM
trading Grimes and Evan's contract for someone who will turn 36 next season would be a mistake.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/28/2024  9:35 PM
I’m not a Bojan fan. Even if the Pistons just gave the Thunder a whoopin
This is the Randle.
Knixkik
USA
1/28/2024  9:57 PM
nycericanguy wrote:trading Grimes and Evan's contract for someone who will turn 36 next season would be a mistake.

Bojan is 34. No need to spin it in that way. Regardless I’m not concerned about age when we are discussing role players. The supporting cast will constantly turn over around Brunson, Randle and now OG. Rj, IQ and Toppin were all here this time last year and now are gone. We would get Bojan for this year and then likely he’s traded soon anyways.

franco12
USA
1/28/2024  10:03 PM
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:the time was before Randle got hurt - assume other teams are going to sense desperation.

I agree our FO won't be desperate, but anyone on the other end is going to feel like they have leverage.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/29/2024  7:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/29/2024  8:30 AM
IMHO Bojan is not a great fit. Especially right now if you are looking to replace JR short term. Would rather put someone at the PF spot that can replace JRs rebounding. That is what would be a bigger concern, for me, rather than who can help with scoring.

This is exactly the move I would be afraid of after an injury. It would make a bad situation worse. Imo, keep the assets to help long term.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

1/29/2024  7:59 AM
Knixkik wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:trading Grimes and Evan's contract for someone who will turn 36 next season would be a mistake.

Bojan is 34. No need to spin it in that way. Regardless I’m not concerned about age when we are discussing role players. The supporting cast will constantly turn over around Brunson, Randle and now OG. Rj, IQ and Toppin were all here this time last year and now are gone. We would get Bojan for this year and then likely he’s traded soon anyways.

there's only about 35 games left in the season, you always gotta think about next year and beyond.

just saying, i think its shortsighted to trade Grimes for a guy that is that old and doesnt put us over the top. Very few players stay productive at a good clip past 35,36.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
1/29/2024  9:55 AM
Doesn't seem like a Thibs type player.
martin
USA
1/29/2024  10:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/29/2024  10:37 AM
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:

I agree our FO won't be desperate, but anyone on the other end is going to feel like they have leverage.

Therefore, if the other side wants to get a deal done, they already know they have to operate within the Adult space the Knicks FO has already established in the market. Cause teams know the Knicks will walk away from a Donovan Mitchell overpay.

Knicks cannot be leveraged to trade for a player they really don't need. They have a well-defined window of what they know they will give up and that's it, other side has to figure that out. That's their trade MO. They aren't in a desperation or leverage-able situation.

Negotiation 201.

martin
USA
1/29/2024  10:34 AM
Knixkik wrote:He can come right in and play the 3 and 4. He’s not the player Randle is but can provide the shooting and scoring. Even with a healthy Randle the Knicks need a scorer. His contract is for one more year and remains tradable in a big trade. He can start alongside Anunoby but once Randle comes back he can lead the bench unit offense. McBride, Hart, OG, Bojan and Achiuwa second unit still doesn’t have a playmaking lead guard but that’s a problem Knicks can reassess at a different time. As far as a trade, Knicks can send Fournier and grimes to match up perfectly salary wise. Then it’s about draft compensation. It might be as simple as sending Detroit their pick back. But this is an opportunity where the quality fill-in is there and it won’t break the bank. Bojan is a perfect player for a Brunson team. More shooting on top of efficient scoring. This summer Knicks might have a backup playmaker in Jokubaitis anyways if they finally bring him over. But getting a scorer for this team that can fill in multiple positions would be extremely valuable.

I actually really like this idea as a fall back position and solution if the Knicks can't make a different type of move that is significantly better.

nycericanguy is right though, the Knicks FO would never ever trade Grimes in this situation. Cause he is needed for the bigger Donovan Mitchell or similar level trade down the line.

I like Bojan for the very reason he is not exactly like Josh Hart and the other bench crew (Grimes, Deuce, Mitch, Precious): Defensive minded, physical dudes who lack offensive savvy.

Bojan IMHO compliments and balances most every other player while having a very high offensive scoring and passing and off ball movement ceiling. He can also be the primary offensive guy with the second unit or temp backup for Randle.

Bojan is a different version of DDV. Older, slower, less defensive minded but better and more accomplished offensive player.

And his contract fits Knicks FO longer team contact trade needs while ending after next year.

nycericanguy, in lieu of no Grimes, what would be a fair trade for Bojan IYO if you had to do it via draft picks and Fournier.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
1/29/2024  11:59 AM
While I don't think OG at the 4 is the ideal long-term solution... this is the best case scenario to a) see what OG can do offensively and b) see how the team responds without JR for a short while. We were playing terrific since obtaining OG and maybe this shows us his limit/ceiling is a perfect complement around JR... or maybe he can play the 4 and offer enough offense so we have more flexibility with lineups. So I don't think we should make a move - just take any lumps since JR may only be out a few weeks.
TheMTL
Member: #9140

1/29/2024  12:01 PM
He doesn't fit the Knicks style. We need more of a banger at PF
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/29/2024  12:08 PM
jskinny35 wrote:While I don't think OG at the 4 is the ideal long-term solution... this is the best case scenario to a) see what OG can do offensively and b) see how the team responds without JR for a short while. We were playing terrific since obtaining OG and maybe this shows us his limit/ceiling is a perfect complement around JR... or maybe he can play the 4 and offer enough offense so we have more flexibility with lineups. So I don't think we should make a move - just take any lumps since JR may only be out a few weeks.

I think PF OG is the best scenario. It hurts us defensively since he won't be guarding the opposition 's best perimeter as much, there's not much of a choice. As for Bog, I like him. But he's kind of like Fournier. I worry how much Thibs would play him.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
USA
1/29/2024  12:08 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:He can come right in and play the 3 and 4. He’s not the player Randle is but can provide the shooting and scoring. Even with a healthy Randle the Knicks need a scorer. His contract is for one more year and remains tradable in a big trade. He can start alongside Anunoby but once Randle comes back he can lead the bench unit offense. McBride, Hart, OG, Bojan and Achiuwa second unit still doesn’t have a playmaking lead guard but that’s a problem Knicks can reassess at a different time. As far as a trade, Knicks can send Fournier and grimes to match up perfectly salary wise. Then it’s about draft compensation. It might be as simple as sending Detroit their pick back. But this is an opportunity where the quality fill-in is there and it won’t break the bank. Bojan is a perfect player for a Brunson team. More shooting on top of efficient scoring. This summer Knicks might have a backup playmaker in Jokubaitis anyways if they finally bring him over. But getting a scorer for this team that can fill in multiple positions would be extremely valuable.

I actually really like this idea as a fall back position and solution if the Knicks can't make a different type of move that is significantly better.

nycericanguy is right though, the Knicks FO would never ever trade Grimes in this situation. Cause he is needed for the bigger Donovan Mitchell or similar level trade down the line.

I like Bojan for the very reason he is not exactly like Josh Hart and the other bench crew (Grimes, Deuce, Mitch, Precious): Defensive minded, physical dudes who lack offensive savvy.

Bojan IMHO compliments and balances most every other player while having a very high offensive scoring and passing and off ball movement ceiling. He can also be the primary offensive guy with the second unit or temp backup for Randle.

Bojan is a different version of DDV. Older, slower, less defensive minded but better and more accomplished offensive player.

And his contract fits Knicks FO longer team contact trade needs while ending after next year.

nycericanguy, in lieu of no Grimes, what would be a fair trade for Bojan IYO if you had to do it via draft picks and Fournier.

It’s been reported grimes is more likely traded by the deadline than not. Maybe that has changed. But Knicks were never likely to get a star before the deadline. It was always going to be a role player so more likely than not grimes gets traded alongside Fournier for a better role player.

martin
USA
1/29/2024  12:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/29/2024  12:57 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

It’s been reported grimes is more likely traded by the deadline than not. Maybe that has changed. But Knicks were never likely to get a star before the deadline. It was always going to be a role player so more likely than not grimes gets traded alongside Fournier for a better role player.

Knicks FO is as tight as a my first gf (after that I quickly moved on the more appropriate skanky ho's). That is someone making some speculation. Maybe it unfolds that way, but someone just did a guess.

Alpha1971
Member: #9006

1/29/2024  3:19 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

Knicks FO is as tight as a my first gf (after that I quickly moved on the more appropriate skanky ho's). That is someone making some speculation. Maybe it unfolds that way, but someone just did a guess.

I don't judge skanks I give thanks for them.

franco12
USA
1/29/2024  3:26 PM
TheMTL wrote:He doesn't fit the Knicks style. We need more of a banger at PF

like Jerami Grant who would absolutely be one of my top choices- again, maybe unrealistic- hoping for the best player possible for Fournier & A bunch of draft picks.

Now is the time to trade for Bojan Bogdanovic

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy