[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

--NY Knicks Journey--
Author Thread
NYStateOfMind
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5741
USA
1/27/2024  11:47 PM
First, before this begins, sending positive vibes to a swift recovery for Julius Randle and Mitch Robinson.

Sure, all journeys have missteps, mostly in drafts and free agency. However, I think the mistakes have been outnumbered by the good draft picks and free agent/trade pick-ups.

So, how did we get to this fun to watch Knicks team. Changes in the front office and head coach was a solid start. The Knicks took a chance on Randle, another his positives make up for his negatives. But, I think the player path and true identity of this team started with the D Rose pick-up. A move they seem to have repeated in following free agents and trades. Rose-Hart-JB-Ihart-DDV. Players who fit the NY & Thibs mold. Moving DDV to starter continued to move the team in the right direction prior to the trade and has been a blessing in helping QG regain some positive form. As did losing IQ to let the Deuce loose.

Then the trade, some said we just lost 33.2 points for the OG 15.4(numbers prior to today's game vs the Heat). In reality, the trade was team chemistry and starting talent upgrading, for a temporary hit on bench depth scoring. Though, that hit is smaller than most would know.

Since the acquisition of OG, of the 7 other players of mentionable usage, only jHart has scored less at -1.0 per game. The other 6 have increased their scoring, JB +1.8, JR +1.2, DDV +2.3, iHart +1.4, QG +2.2, McB +3.9, then Precious adding 4.2 pts. So, we gained starting talent & team chemistry, lost the 33.2 pts from RJ/IQ but replaced it with 31.4 pts from rotation players plus the new guys. A loss of just 1.8 pts on much better efficiency and a major boost to defensive team identity performance.

Looking deeper into the trade, the team net rating point differential went from under 5 pts/game to 15.8 pts/game in 2024, a double digit improvement. Prior to today, OG was +239, RJ -47, IQ -66. I wish them well in Toronto and all of RJ's numbers are up, except his free throws. He has hit 45 of 70 FTs, which is a killer in the playoffs. IQ's numbers have mostly improved, but his overall FG% is down mainly from inconsistent 2 pt shooting.

Knicks are now 12-2 since the trade, Raptors 4-9. I love the direction of this team, a true joy to watch. I hope JR is okay, Mitch returns, and we make a minor move or 2. I think PA can slide over to a PF position(always my plan with a Mitch return). As for that move, I'd rather lose Grimes over Deuce. Other than size, I don't see what McB hasn't done more efficiently this season.

I'm enjoying this slow journey and look forward to it getting even better. Lets go Knicks.

AUTOADVERT
--NY Knicks Journey--

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy