Randle: Dislocated Shoulder
Author Thread
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
1/29/2024  8:54 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:JR is a beast.
Don't forget the "he played bad in playoffs" crowd. Ignoring the difficulty of playing on a bum ankle.
I remember JLin sitting out in the playoffs so as to not jeopardize a big contract in the off season.
Not saying it was not a smart move for Lin to do that just that Randle does not have the same mindset. Has a warriors mentality. That and his durability is often unappreciated.

Hope the injury does not take him out of beast mode. Don't want him working on his three pointer while rehabbing and getting away from that. My bet is that he will be back in 2 weeks. My hope is that the team makes him take more time.

Lin was quoted as saying he was 90% ready to return, not feeling 90%. So... if feeling 70% is good enough to play, he felt ~63%. :)

With any absence, the player needs into game shape and get their rhythm back, but a little extra rest and strengthening work on other parts of his body will go a long way.

We're 46 games into the season right now (Monday 1/29).
* Mon 1/29 - Wed 2/14: 9 games.

All-star break happens and we don't have another game until Thursday 2/22. That's 3 1/2 weeks. I think that's the Knicks early target.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
AUTOADVERT
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/29/2024  9:12 PM
technomaster wrote:
Don't forget the "he played bad in playoffs" crowd. Ignoring the difficulty of playing on a bum ankle.
I remember JLin sitting out in the playoffs so as to not jeopardize a big contract in the off season.
Not saying it was not a smart move for Lin to do that just that Randle does not have the same mindset. Has a warriors mentality. That and his durability is often unappreciated.

Hope the injury does not take him out of beast mode. Don't want him working on his three pointer while rehabbing and getting away from that. My bet is that he will be back in 2 weeks. My hope is that the team makes him take more time.

Lin was quoted as saying he was 90% ready to return, not feeling 90%. So... if feeling 70% is good enough to play, he felt ~63%. :)

With any absence, the player needs into game shape and get their rhythm back, but a little extra rest and strengthening work on other parts of his body will go a long way.

All-star break happens and we don't have another game until Thursday 2/22. That's 3 1/2 weeks. I think that's the Knicks early target.

This guy maths.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/29/2024  10:10 PM
ToddTT wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
martin wrote:So if I understand everyone correctly, we are coalescing around Randle just removing the bad arm cause the recovery may be short and much less spinovers anyway?

I got that right?

Cause it seems reasonable

As long as he doesn;t make any faces.
This would also reduce the probability of future thumbs down by 50%.

Reduces the probability of a double thumbs down to 0%

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/30/2024  9:12 AM
Panos wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
martin wrote:So if I understand everyone correctly, we are coalescing around Randle just removing the bad arm cause the recovery may be short and much less spinovers anyway?

I got that right?

Cause it seems reasonable

As long as he doesn;t make any faces.
This would also reduce the probability of future thumbs down by 50%.

Reduces the probability of a double thumbs down to 0%

The first game he gets booed at the Garden:

DLeethal
Member: #9126

1/30/2024  9:16 AM
So it feels like Knicks most likely are going to be cryptic with Randle's status just like they were with Mitch. Never really officially announced anything with Mitch. Looks like Randle's status will be "weeks not months" until the day he is back.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
1/30/2024  9:55 AM
ToddTT wrote:
technomaster wrote:

This guy maths.

I thought I was in deep trouble when I counted to 9... thought I'd run out of fingers.

So with a blow out vs the Hornets, do we even really need Randle, OG, Fournier, RJ, and Quickley?

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/30/2024  10:02 AM
technomaster wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
technomaster wrote:

This guy maths.

I thought I was in deep trouble when I counted to 9... thought I'd run out of fingers.

So with a blow out vs the Hornets, do we even really need Randle, OG, Fournier, RJ, and Quickley?

We just need JB and 4 guys that can shoot the ball. Isn't that an MVP?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/30/2024  11:17 AM
DLeethal wrote:So it feels like Knicks most likely are going to be cryptic with Randle's status just like they were with Mitch. Never really officially announced anything with Mitch. Looks like Randle's status will be "weeks not months" until the day he is back.

Mitch got screw(s) placed in his injured area. We know that.

It's obvious the Knicks and Randle don't yet know the extent of what they are dealing with.

It's more likely and less sinister or cryptic.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/30/2024  12:17 PM
Think we start thinking about him coming back in March. I think an acquisition that's a little bit more useful than Taj to provide depth would make sense, but Thibs trusts Taj and Taj knows the defense and at the end of the day that's how we're winning games. Don't think I need to see Taj shooting corner 3's, but we'll see.
martin
USA
2/1/2024  3:31 PM
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

2/1/2024  3:38 PM
sounds like he'll def be back this year.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/1/2024  3:54 PM
martin wrote:

Is that from the time of the injury or starting this week? 🙏

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
2/1/2024  4:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2024  4:06 PM
nycericanguy wrote:sounds like he'll def be back this year.

I have to tell you, as good as that news sounds, from a purely guess perspective, I don't like it.

Randle tried to play through ankle problems at the end of last year during the playoffs. He probably shouldn't have and we know he had ankle surgery after and was obviously well below 100% during playoffs.

Maybe this is literally nothing but I'd guess it's more Randle (and/or the Knicks) trying to do his usual heroic thing while maybe, kinda, sorta injured. Totally commendable. Completely 100% commendable.

But also a big, long term risk. Ugh. No win situation.

It's his non-shooting shoulder, so there is that.

martin
USA
2/1/2024  4:10 PM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:sounds like he'll def be back this year.

I have to tell you, as good as that news sounds, from a purely guess perspective, I don't like it.

Randle tried to play through ankle problems at the end of last year during the playoffs. He probably shouldn't have and we know he had ankle surgery after and was obviously well below 100% during playoffs.

Maybe this is literally nothing but I'd guess it's more Randle (and/or the Knicks) trying to do his usual heroic thing while maybe, kinda, sorta injured. Totally commendable. Completely 100% commendable.

But also a big, long term risk. Ugh. No win situation.

It's his non-shooting shoulder, so there is that.

OR, I'm 100% wrong and should shut the pie hole

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
2/1/2024  4:25 PM
Always thought it would be a 4-6 week thing based on history with that injury. At 31-17 we should be fine - just got to stay in that 4th/5th spot.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/1/2024  4:40 PM
martin wrote:

This sounds like Randle definitely tore something in his shoulder and is trying physical therapy first.

martin
USA
2/1/2024  5:30 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:

This sounds like Randle definitely tore something in his shoulder and is trying physical therapy first.

Same

MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
2/1/2024  7:22 PM
Get well soon, All Star!
franco12
Member: #599
USA
2/1/2024  7:28 PM
martin wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:

Same

Wait? That is a bit of a rush.

The way I understand these things is sometimes on the MRI you can’t tell if there is anything damaged and need it to heal and have inflammation subside. I see this exactly as they have said- it’s a dislocated shoulder. They don’t see anything broken or torn- and it 2-3 weeks- which is probably the time frame for some basically healing to take place, they will see where Randle is in terms of feeling, strength, pain and if they need to evaluate with another scan, they will.

Physically therapy is going to be ice or warmth to keep heeling, range of motion as things go back into place- not a tear. I think a tear would be immobilize the arm.

Officially not a dr.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/1/2024  7:47 PM
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:

Same

Wait? That is a bit of a rush.

The way I understand these things is sometimes on the MRI you can’t tell if there is anything damaged and need it to heal and have inflammation subside. I see this exactly as they have said- it’s a dislocated shoulder. They don’t see anything broken or torn- and it 2-3 weeks- which is probably the time frame for some basically healing to take place, they will see where Randle is in terms of feeling, strength, pain and if they need to evaluate with another scan, they will.

Physically therapy is going to be ice or warmth to keep heeling, range of motion as things go back into place- not a tear. I think a tear would be immobilize the arm.

Officially not a dr.

+1

MRI is everything.

Reevaluation is probably just for clearance.
But just hoping.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Randle: Dislocated Shoulder

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy