[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Randle: Dislocated Shoulder
Author Thread
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

1/29/2024  1:15 PM
If Randle is just out weeks then we can simply stay the course. A move needed to be made before, it still needs to be made now, to get some scoring help. But we don't have to do anything seismic and I don't think we prioritize guys who won't fit when Randle is back. We don't really need a Randle replacement, we need scoring help and we can shift around bodies to fill the positional gaps.

OG can play the 4, Sims/Precious are young bodies who can give us a lot of mins, iHart is a beast. We are fine adding a wing scorer who can eat up minutes and just give us a scoring lift while Randle is out. We don't need to seek out a PF.

AUTOADVERT
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

1/29/2024  1:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/29/2024  1:20 PM
DLeethal wrote:If Randle is just out weeks then we can simply stay the course. A move needed to be made before, it still needs to be made now, to get some scoring help. But we don't have to do anything seismic and I don't think we prioritize guys who won't fit when Randle is back. We don't really need a Randle replacement, we need scoring help and we can shift around bodies to fill the positional gaps.

OG can play the 4, Sims/Precious are young bodies who can give us a lot of mins, iHart is a beast. We are fine adding a wing scorer who can eat up minutes and just give us a scoring lift while Randle is out. We don't need to seek out a PF.

agreed, this doesn't change anything long term, just magnifies that we are currently too reliant on Randle/Brunson and we need that 3rd creator/scorer/ballhandler. every contender has that 3rd guy at least.

not so sure DJM is that guy anymore if there are character concerns there. if he's not that guy we might as well wait and try to get Rokas over this summer.

DLeethal

1/29/2024  1:24 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:If Randle is just out weeks then we can simply stay the course. A move needed to be made before, it still needs to be made now, to get some scoring help. But we don't have to do anything seismic and I don't think we prioritize guys who won't fit when Randle is back. We don't really need a Randle replacement, we need scoring help and we can shift around bodies to fill the positional gaps.

agreed, this doesn't change anything long term, just magnifies that we are currently too reliant on Randle/Brunson and we need that 3rd creator/scorer/ballhandler. every contender has that 3rd guy at least.

not so sure DJM is that guy anymore if there are character concerns there. if he's not that guy we might as well wait and try to get Rokas over this summer.

Yea, that was magnified when Brunson went down for a few games right after the trade. Magnified again here. But everyone knew we needed to add scoring depth. A lot of guys out there that can help us so I'm not worried.

DLeethal

1/29/2024  1:29 PM
Nothing really new here besides the MRI didn't show much damage

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Sources: Knicks star Julius Randle is expected to be sidelined for at least a few weeks with a right shoulder dislocation. Appears to be a sigh of relief for New York as initial reviews of MRI reveal no significant damage.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/29/2024  1:34 PM
I think the takeaway is that Randle is such a beast he probably just ripped the full arm out of shoulder, looked at it a bit, put it back in like it was supposed to go, and just needs a bit of downtime

We get that

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/29/2024  1:49 PM
martin wrote:I think the takeaway is that Randle is such a beast he probably just ripped the full arm out of shoulder, looked at it a bit, put it back in like it was supposed to go, and just needs a bit of downtime

We get that

He was thinking 'how much faster would I be able to spin if I didn't have a right arm? '.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/29/2024  1:52 PM
nycericanguy wrote:

ALL these teams are exposed when they lose their best player. That's what was making Randle so valuable... his stretch of making other guys better.

From what I have seen I would just stay the course here. Ideally we get Randle and Mitch back for the playoffs, but if not I want to just resign IHart, OG and run it back. Use the picks get some prospects in here. Let Rokus compete for a rotation spot w/ Grimes, McBride and the draft picks

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
1/29/2024  2:20 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:I think the takeaway is that Randle is such a beast he probably just ripped the full arm out of shoulder, looked at it a bit, put it back in like it was supposed to go, and just needs a bit of downtime

We get that

He was thinking 'how much faster would I be able to spin if I didn't have a right arm? '.

Yeah that sounds like his thinking

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/29/2024  2:20 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:we'll be fine with what we have for now.

Dare I say we will be even better defensively.

I think you can start Precious at PF or move OG to PF and start Hart or Grimes at SF.

Gallo would be a good option as a buyout candidate soon

The obvious move is to start OG at PF IMO. But Thibs might want to keep his bench unit intact because that's kinda what he does. I could see them starting Precious unfortunately.

OG at PF you could retinker the lineup to be dangerous, especially on D. But you are pretty light on reinforcements at that point. I think Thibs views our best depth piece as Jericho so he will probably utilize him to fill in for Randle.

Never good to fill a hole by switching ANOTHER player out of the position that has been working. So my vote is just to fill the PD spot with Sims or Precious. Let OG, IHart and Devo make up the scoring while Randle recovers.

I don't think OG's role changes that much offensively if you move him up to the four and he's guarded up and down the opposing team's lineups. Players are going to play outside their normal comfort zones anyway. It's just figuring out the move you can live with during the next couple of weeks.

Maybe right. OG should be a good rebounder and keeps teams double teams on JB honest.
Add JHart at 3 and the rebounding and defense looks good.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
sealy
Member: #3291
USA
1/29/2024  2:25 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

We get that

legit LOL'd

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/29/2024  2:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/29/2024  2:45 PM
he's a lefty -- right arm is extra anyway

just rub some dirt on it and get back out there

all kidding aside happy for him (and us) that it's not worse

(5)(5)
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/29/2024  2:56 PM
The silver lining to all this? We don't need to waste energy complaining when the coaches vote Banchero and Porzingis in over Randle as All Star reserves.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
MS
Member: #724
1/29/2024  3:02 PM
Still think we need to make a move. Need to keep him and Brunson fresh. Those things pop back out, don’t want him to suffer through an injury and Re injure himself.

Good news though.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/29/2024  3:03 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:The silver lining to all this? We don't need to waste energy complaining when the coaches vote Banchero and Porzingis in over Randle as All Star reserves.

I mean, one armed Randle is still better than Banchero. And I would take 1 armed Randle over 1 knee Porgi. Let's reserve the right to see what happens.

This is the Randle.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/29/2024  3:11 PM
DLeethal wrote:Nothing really new here besides the MRI didn't show much damage

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Sources: Knicks star Julius Randle is expected to be sidelined for at least a few weeks with a right shoulder dislocation. Appears to be a sigh of relief for New York as initial reviews of MRI reveal no significant damage.

All signs pointing to this being the case and I think it's amazing news in the wake of what we feared.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/29/2024  4:24 PM
Relieved at the early(?) news! No need for a panic move. We absolutely need another scoring punch, but don't have to deviate from the plans specifically for a PF.

We can platoon it for the time being

martin
USA
1/29/2024  4:52 PM
So if I understand everyone correctly, we are coalescing around Randle just removing the bad arm cause the recovery may be short and much less spinovers anyway?

I got that right?

Cause it seems reasonable

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/29/2024  5:07 PM
martin wrote:So if I understand everyone correctly, we are coalescing around Randle just removing the bad arm cause the recovery may be short and much less spinovers anyway?

I got that right?

As long as he doesn’t make any faces.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/29/2024  5:29 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
martin wrote:So if I understand everyone correctly, we are coalescing around Randle just removing the bad arm cause the recovery may be short and much less spinovers anyway?

I got that right?

As long as he doesn’t make any faces.

This would also reduce the probability of future thumbs down by 50%.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/29/2024  6:40 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:The silver lining to all this? We don't need to waste energy complaining when the coaches vote Banchero and Porzingis in over Randle as All Star reserves.

Been talking to the coaches, they guarantee Randle makes his third All Star appearance.
Only because coaches know more about basketball than fans.
Thursday will be a sad day for the Randle haters.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Randle: Dislocated Shoulder

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy