HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/28/2024  8:19 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
jaydh wrote:Maybe we can get Obi for a couple of 2nds
No Mitch, no Randle, Obi please come back we forgive you!
Path back to softness? No thanks.
This team is being built into a bunch of Dawgs!
Randle, JB, JHart,Devo, OG, IHart all started it.
Deuce, Grimes and Precious have recently been converted.

My Knicks nick name for this group is "Dawg Pound"

When you put it like that, trading for Bruce Brown makes a lot sense

Would definitely welcome that.
Although we also need a guy off the bench that can create his own shot. Brown is more like a Josh Hart type.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/28/2024  8:27 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

When you put it like that, trading for Bruce Brown makes a lot sense
Would definitely welcome that.
Although we also need a guy off the bench that can create his own shot. Brown is more like a Josh Hart type.

I agree we need some firepower and with your assessment

That said, at present we’re kind of in personnel/roster/injury problem land and i would be comfortable leaning into the Dawg Pound identify. I didn’t really want Brown when the rumors started because you’re right he brings a lot of Josh Hart’s game to the court. But game like that will get us to the playoffs and makes us difficult to play. So maybe he isn’t a long term fit but he certainly would be useful this season

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/28/2024  8:35 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

The 90’s called and asked for their WWE lifetime membership card back.

This is the Randle.
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

1/28/2024  8:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2024  8:45 AM
Man what a bummer. Just as Randle was clearing playing in a way that truly quelled any notion we were better without him. He has been a big difference maker and has been clutch this year. That said, I think we can retool in a way to be maybe as competitive this year. Teams do it all the time (see CLE this year). I draw comparisons to our team not in style of play but to personnel to the D'Antoni Suns teams. Nash (Brunson, Amare (Randle), Marion (OG) etc. I think we slide OG to the 4 and add a player like Hart and our versatility and switchability will be pretty nuts. They did that one of the years Amare went down and actually got better.

Good thing we have more picks than we can use or spend. I think we can sacrifice a first to get a fill-in if Randle is to miss the majority of the season. Someone like Derozan would make a lot of sense now. Cheaper options are out there as well like Hayward or Gallo. Bogdanovich makes sense as well.

Even if Randle were to miss the rest of the year, we likely were a second round exit team either way, we can still be a dangerous team and a dangerous out but we need a legitimate 20ppg scorer to take some pressure off Brunson or he's gonna get too worn down.

DLeethal

1/28/2024  8:44 AM
But I think this gives us a chance to get someone like Derozan and then potentially move him to a supersub role next year. Easier to make that case to him as a coach in this type of scenario.
DLeethal

1/28/2024  8:50 AM
Jeremi Grant is another name that would keep us just as dangerous IMO.
TheMTL
Member: #9140

1/28/2024  9:03 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

That's facts. He has an Amare Stoudemire level of impact for us by putting us back on the map.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/28/2024  9:05 AM
DLeethal wrote:Jeremi Grant is another name that would keep us just as dangerous IMO.

Yes!

He may be hurt:

https://www.blazersedge.com/2024/1/26/24052412/portland-trail-blazers-san-antonio-spurs-injury-jerami-grant-scoot-henderson-quad-back

But I’m hoping Leon was on the phone and pulled the trigger- Fournier and a stack of draft picks!

EwingsGlass
USA
1/28/2024  9:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2024  9:12 AM
DLeethal wrote:Man what a bummer. Just as Randle was clearing playing in a way that truly quelled any notion we were better without him. He has been a big difference maker and has been clutch this year. That said, I think we can retool in a way to be maybe as competitive this year. Teams do it all the time (see CLE this year). I draw comparisons to our team not in style of play but to personnel to the D'Antoni Suns teams. Nash (Brunson, Amare (Randle), Marion (OG) etc. I think we slide OG to the 4 and add a player like Hart and our versatility and switchability will be pretty nuts. They did that one of the years Amare went down and actually got better.

Good thing we have more picks than we can use or spend. I think we can sacrifice a first to get a fill-in if Randle is to miss the majority of the season. Someone like Derozan would make a lot of sense now. Cheaper options are out there as well like Hayward or Gallo. Bogdanovich makes sense as well.

Even if Randle were to miss the rest of the year, we likely were a second round exit team either way, we can still be a dangerous team and a dangerous out but we need a legitimate 20ppg scorer to take some pressure off Brunson or he's gonna get too worn down.

For starters, the way Randle has been playing I don’t really want to think about replacing him. I’m hoping for the best from Randle. Hoping there are no torn labrum or pectoral.

I don’t think a completely reactionary move to replace Randle is the way to go here. I think there were needs at PF for a backup that we probably should have addressed already. But it’s more necessary now.

I don’t think Derozan was the answer before and I don’t think he is now.

In the starting lineup, we need to replace passing and rebounding more than we need to replace points. First move is just to use Hart at SF. That replaces both rebounding and passing.
Now, due diligence and call about Markannen. Call about Herb Jones. Jonathan Isaac. Do diligence. If they get any bites on these guys pull the trigger.

I’d be looking to Utah to get Kelly Olynyk. I don’t really want Clarkson. But they have a few spare parts we could fill in the trade with. But Kelly will add rebounding and passing in that second unit. If I could add Saddiq Bey from Atlanta into the trade exception for for Malachi Flynn (single player trade), I think they would be in a solid position for when Randle comes back.

Brunson
DDV
Hart
OG
Hart

McBride
Grimes
Bey
Olynyk
Achiuwa

Not sure this works perfectly, but I think it can cover a short gap.

This is the Randle.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/28/2024  9:26 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
LivingLegend
Member: #1645

1/28/2024  9:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2024  9:41 AM
DLeethal wrote:Jeremi Grant is another name that would keep us just as dangerous IMO.

2 guys that seem to be available at a cost would be John Collins (helps at both 4/5) and Kuzma crossed my mind because 1) Wash looking for picks 2) he’s not expiring 3) he’s Randle-ish in that he handles the ball a lot and shoots the 3. Think both defend better vs Julius who doesn’t defend at all.

LivingLegend
Member: #1645

1/28/2024  9:39 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Man what a bummer. Just as Randle was clearing playing in a way that truly quelled any notion we were better without him. He has been a big difference maker and has been clutch this year. That said, I think we can retool in a way to be maybe as competitive this year. Teams do it all the time (see CLE this year). I draw comparisons to our team not in style of play but to personnel to the D'Antoni Suns teams. Nash (Brunson, Amare (Randle), Marion (OG) etc. I think we slide OG to the 4 and add a player like Hart and our versatility and switchability will be pretty nuts. They did that one of the years Amare went down and actually got better.

For starters, the way Randle has been playing I don’t really want to think about replacing him. I’m hoping for the best from Randle. Hoping there are no torn labrum or pectoral.

I don’t think a completely reactionary move to replace Randle is the way to go here. I think there were needs at PF for a backup that we probably should have addressed already. But it’s more necessary now.

I don’t think Derozan was the answer before and I don’t think he is now.

In the starting lineup, we need to replace passing and rebounding more than we need to replace points. First move is just to use Hart at SF. That replaces both rebounding and passing.
Now, due diligence and call about Markannen. Call about Herb Jones. Jonathan Isaac. Do diligence. If they get any bites on these guys pull the trigger.

I’d be looking to Utah to get Kelly Olynyk. I don’t really want Clarkson. But they have a few spare parts we could fill in the trade with. But Kelly will add rebounding and passing in that second unit. If I could add Saddiq Bey from Atlanta into the trade exception for for Malachi Flynn (single player trade), I think they would be in a solid position for when Randle comes back.

Brunson
DDV
Hart
OG
Hart

McBride
Grimes
Bey
Olynyk
Achiuwa

Not sure this works perfectly, but I think it can cover a short gap.

DeRozan crossed my mind as well 1) cost might not be high 2) he could replace Julius scoring/passing and 3) OG can move to 4 with DeRozan ———- it’s actually not a bad thought. Or maybe a Pat Williams.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/28/2024  9:45 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/28/2024  9:57 AM
mY point was we don't know how long Randle is out, and to do Grant, or Kuzma thing has long term contract implications.

WE addressed back up by getting OG and Precious. Can fill at better than John collins or Grant at what that cost would be even if its for the rest of the season? In the age of parity we were contending but not like we were firmly in first place with a "Season of destiny" in place and perhaps derailed due to this injury.
Can a trade asset really fill in and perhaps continue the elevation process? If so, what happens when Randle returns?
What we need is a player who can step in and STEP UP. Olynck?

Josh hart can slide to the 3 and OG the 4. Simms and Isiah also did this last year when Randle was out with his ankle.
I don't think we need a major trade right away to address this. Sims will get a chance. Jakob Toppin to me is a long 3. Can he fill in at the 4? I guess his height is there and can do the Obi thing stand in the corner but he has to hit open shot in the big SHOW.

don't get me wrong, this sucks!!!

CanItGetAnyWorse
Member: #8906

1/28/2024  10:04 AM
blkexec wrote:
CanItGetAnyWorse wrote:First, hope Randle’s injury is mild and he heals quickley.

2nd, I mentioned moving Obi for Obi’s benefit was stupid. 2 future 2nds won’t help us here.

If Julius is out only 1 month, might be a hidden blessing. Curious how the offense will flow now as well as the defense.

Offense will take a hit. But defense should improve. Time for OG to step up his offense which might unlock something good for the team. I agree this might be a blessing in disguise. But I’m worried that Bully Ball Randle is done for the season and 3pt shooting Randle will be back. I’ve done this after every surgery and rehab. Came back shooting better than before. Since his right is injured, that means he will do nothing but shoot jumpers and that will sharpen up his 3pt set shot. This will open up the paint more for JB and OG. Might be a winning formula come playoff time.

I could see the offense getting better all the same. Though Randle is less of a ball stopper, he still has that RJ effect.
Jalen, Grimes, OG, etc. need to all increase their offensive output.
Agree on the defense.

Maybe Toppin get promoted from the G league and get get some minutes.

Nalod
USA
1/28/2024  10:16 AM
CanItGetAnyWorse wrote:
blkexec wrote:
CanItGetAnyWorse wrote:First, hope Randle’s injury is mild and he heals quickley.

2nd, I mentioned moving Obi for Obi’s benefit was stupid. 2 future 2nds won’t help us here.

If Julius is out only 1 month, might be a hidden blessing. Curious how the offense will flow now as well as the defense.

Offense will take a hit. But defense should improve. Time for OG to step up his offense which might unlock something good for the team. I agree this might be a blessing in disguise. But I’m worried that Bully Ball Randle is done for the season and 3pt shooting Randle will be back. I’ve done this after every surgery and rehab. Came back shooting better than before. Since his right is injured, that means he will do nothing but shoot jumpers and that will sharpen up his 3pt set shot. This will open up the paint more for JB and OG. Might be a winning formula come playoff time.

I could see the offense getting better all the same. Though Randle is less of a ball stopper, he still has that RJ effect.
Agree on the defense.

I would not rule out the unforeseen shift where adapt/reinvent and succeed. This might not happen right away but one cannot know. How fun would that be?? We have good coaches and "next man up" would be put to the test.

EwingsGlass
USA
1/28/2024  10:20 AM
CanItGetAnyWorse wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Agree on the defense.

It’s very possible. But it’s different arguing that they should trade Randle versus having him go down and take a zero from his roster spot and salary.

This is the Randle.
Clean
Member: #743
1/28/2024  10:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2024  10:44 AM
I was probably the leader of the anti Randle brigade with the old roster I am now pro Randle after the OG trade. He been playing playing just like I wanted from the start. I don't see how anyone can complain about how he has played since the trade. Even the effort issues have been way less. It is going to be tough and Brunson's usage rate is going to have to go up even more but we might be able to hold off until Randle heals if it is not a season ending injury.

One thing I don't want to do is to use the assets we have for that final trade and use them just to salvage this season. If this is a season ending injury we ride with what we have and start to evaluate the players on this roster. We need to know exactly our players can do so we are well informed when we go for the big trade in the summer.

Nalod
USA
1/28/2024  10:55 AM
Clean wrote:I was probably the leader of the anti Randle brigade with the old roster I am now pro Randle after the OG trade. He been playing playing just like I wanted from the start. I don't see how anyone can complain about how he has played since the trade. Even the effort issues have been way less. It is going to be tough and Brunson's usage rate is going to have to go up even more but we might be able to hold off until Randle heals if it is not a season ending injury.

One thing I don't want to do is to use the assets we have for that final trade and use them just to salvage this season. If this is a season ending injury we ride with what we have and start to evaluate the players on this roster. We need to know exactly our players can do so we are well informed when we go for the big trade in the summer.

Bumps in the road but Randle continues to evolve even at this stage of his career as he heads to age 30.
He came back from ankle surgery with a renewed purpose, a big sneaker endorsement, new hair-do and reduced his complaining to refs to stay focused.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/28/2024  11:04 AM
Randle: Dislocated Shoulder

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy