[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Randle: Dislocated Shoulder
Author Thread
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
2/4/2024  11:18 AM
Nalod wrote:WOrried about OG also. DOn’t want to wake up one day and read he is having Tommy John surgery and out for a while.
Did Raptors sell us damaged goods? Hope not.
Shit happens. Lessor the better!

I’m with you on this!!

Raptors definitely sold damaged goods but I’m sure the Knicks were aware. Tommy John is a bit extreme so I bet he is dealing with sort of golfers/tennis elbow issue, which is a pain in the ass on its own.

AUTOADVERT
BingBong
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #9036

2/4/2024  12:08 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
Nalod wrote:WOrried about OG also. DOn’t want to wake up one day and read he is having Tommy John surgery and out for a while.

I’m with you on this!!

Raptors definitely sold damaged goods but I’m sure the Knicks were aware. Tommy John is a bit extreme so I bet he is dealing with sort of golfers/tennis elbow issue, which is a pain in the ass on its own.

Interesting scenario. The Knicks have long tried to pry OG away from Toronto, but they wanted a King's ransom for him. Out of the blue, he's available. Then the Knicks find out that he's playing through pain and might need off season surgery so he's available, and the Knicks want him so badly, they make a deal, but insist on them throwing in Achiuwa and Flynn. The Knicks thinking long term while getting some experienced depth behind Randle and the backcourt, whilst Toronto is thinking total rebuild by building around up 'n coming youngsters' RJ and IQ and an extra pick

Possible I suppose...hmmm

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/4/2024  12:27 PM
Mentioned this on another thread but RJ has been out as well.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/4/2024  1:06 PM
Also his elbow has been an issue before the trade I have read.
RJ knee was and has been as well. IQ missed a few games post trade I believe.
KnickDanger

2/4/2024  1:11 PM
Nalod wrote:Also his elbow has been an issue before the trade I have read.

It's the NBA. Season ending injuries aside, knees, elbows, shoulders, and just about everything else take a regular beat down. 82 games of it is a lot. Is the answer load management? I really don't know.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

2/4/2024  1:27 PM
Leon's son is OG's agent. They didn't sell us anything we weren't aware of.
Nalod
USA
2/4/2024  1:30 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Nalod wrote:Also his elbow has been an issue before the trade I have read.

It's the NBA. Season ending injuries aside, knees, elbows, shoulders, and just about everything else take a regular beat down. 82 games of it is a lot. Is the answer load management? I really don't know.

Also that some players will make less if they can't hold up. Im all for players getting paid but those that cripple teams is an issue.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/4/2024  2:32 PM
DLeethal wrote:Leon's son is OG's agent. They didn't sell us anything we weren't aware of.

Truth

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BingBong
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #9036

2/4/2024  8:28 PM
DLeethal wrote:Leon's son is OG's agent. They didn't sell us anything we weren't aware of.

Well...that pretty much answers any skepticism I had. Thanks

martin
USA
2/4/2024  9:15 PM
This is wild to me

martin
USA
2/6/2024  2:15 PM
As good as news as you can get

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/9/2024  12:21 AM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/9/2024  7:40 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Of course he will. He is a mother****ing beast.
Btw, he's had bone spurs every season and plays through that ****!

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
2/9/2024  7:42 AM
BingBong wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

I’m with you on this!!

Interesting scenario. The Knicks have long tried to pry OG away from Toronto, but they wanted a King's ransom for him. Out of the blue, he's available. Then the Knicks find out that he's playing through pain and might need off season surgery so he's available, and the Knicks want him so badly, they make a deal, but insist on them throwing in Achiuwa and Flynn. The Knicks thinking long term while getting some experienced depth behind Randle and the backcourt, whilst Toronto is thinking total rebuild by building around up 'n coming youngsters' RJ and IQ and an extra pick

I read they felt they were never going to re-sign OG, so getting what they did was a huge steal.

HofstraBBall

2/9/2024  7:45 AM
BingBong wrote:

Well...that pretty much answers any skepticism I had. Thanks

Can you guys take this xonvo to another thread. This is a Trade Randle thread.

Raptors may be saying same thing.
https://www.numberfire.com/nba/player-news/254990/toronto-s-rj-barrett-injury-management-starting-on-wednesday-bruce-brown-to-bench
This is the NBA. Rigorous. Not everyone can be as durable as some players we know.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
USA
2/9/2024  11:34 AM
jaydh wrote:
BingBong wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

I’m with you on this!!

I read they felt they were never going to re-sign OG, so getting what they did was a huge steal.

Not like he was walking. There was a market for him and we won the bidding.
They were not resigning him but they were sure gonna trade him. Tried before so its no secret. The price went down.
To some teams he is more valuable than to others.
For what he did on knicks is proved the price was good. WE did not steal him, and we did not get fleeced.
Raptors are rebooting and while any team can use an OG, they decided to allocate resources elsewhere.
On a team like the Pacers OG has lessor value than to the knicks.
I don't agree "what they did was a huge steal". It implies they had few options.
FVV was a different story. The offers perhaps included taking back salary they did not want to, and Freds salary demands would not have worked on Raptors. Should they have traded him sooner? In hindsight of course. My guess is they did think he'd command a deal like he got and at the end of the day there was not a suitable trade at the time that motivated them. How do I know this? They never made a trade!!!
Supply and demand. Capitalism at its best.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

2/16/2024  11:21 AM
Julius Randle is showing "positive progression" as he rehabs a dislocated shoulder, reported Ian Begley of SNY.

Begley adds that the Knicks are gaining optimism that he could potentially return this season.

“I’ve heard during this period that there’s been some positive progression here during the rehab and I think that’s left people with even more reason to be optimistic that Randle will be back at some point this season,” said Begley.

Randle will undergo 2-3 more weeks of rehab. Both parties will then make a decision as to whether Randle will return or have surgery and miss the season.

Good news I suppose

HofstraBBall

2/16/2024  1:44 PM
DLeethal wrote:
Julius Randle is showing "positive progression" as he rehabs a dislocated shoulder, reported Ian Begley of SNY.

Begley adds that the Knicks are gaining optimism that he could potentially return this season.

“I’ve heard during this period that there’s been some positive progression here during the rehab and I think that’s left people with even more reason to be optimistic that Randle will be back at some point this season,” said Begley.

Randle will undergo 2-3 more weeks of rehab. Both parties will then make a decision as to whether Randle will return or have surgery and miss the season.

Good news I suppose

This has me changing my outlook.
Thought he would be back in a couple of weeks after the MRI.
Now thinking it is worse.
Only because when I had a shoulder injury, I started feeling better within two weeks.
However, that was followed with no progression for the next two weeks. Went back to surgeon and he said it was clear my issue could only be resolved through surgery.

Hopefully that's not the case.

Btw, what the general consensus if JR comes back and does not play up to All Star caliber?
Probably just more Trade Randle trades

EwingPSD
Member: #9129

2/16/2024  2:18 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

Good news I suppose

Only because when I had a shoulder injury, I started feeling better within two weeks.
However, that was followed with no progression for the next two weeks. Went back to surgeon and he said it was clear my issue could only be resolved through surgery.

Btw, what the general consensus if JR comes back and does not play up to All Star caliber?

If he bombs out I don't think they will get value for him. He's done enough where you have to expect him to ask for a monster deal after next season. If you trade for him after he falls off in the postseason again you are getting one value year followed by huge committeemen to an aging player that's never performed well when it matters most. For better or for worse I think the Knicks and Rabdle are married.

KnickDanger

2/16/2024  2:52 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

Good news I suppose

That's what you get when he does play at All Star level!

Randle: Dislocated Shoulder

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy