Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
2/1/2024  8:05 PM
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:

This sounds like Randle definitely tore something in his shoulder and is trying physical therapy first.

Same

Wait? That is a bit of a rush.

The way I understand these things is sometimes on the MRI you can’t tell if there is anything damaged and need it to heal and have inflammation subside. I see this exactly as they have said- it’s a dislocated shoulder. They don’t see anything broken or torn- and it 2-3 weeks- which is probably the time frame for some basically healing to take place, they will see where Randle is in terms of feeling, strength, pain and if they need to evaluate with another scan, they will.

Physically therapy is going to be ice or warmth to keep heeling, range of motion as things go back into place- not a tear. I think a tear would be immobilize the arm.

Officially not a dr.

You're somewhat right. You would want the swelling in the affected area to go down before performing an MRI but that will take just a couple of days. There has been sufficient amount time to determine the extent of the injury....and, imo, if it was just some bruising in the area, it wouldn't need to take 2-3 weeks to heal. Like I mentioned, this looks like they are trying other methods before declaring surgery.

I'm obviously not in the Knicks locker room but, in my experience as physical therapist assistant, I don't think I have ever had a patient who did NOT have a labral tear along with a shoulder dislocation. REALLY HOPING its not the case here.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/1/2024  8:16 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:

This sounds like Randle definitely tore something in his shoulder and is trying physical therapy first.

Same

The way I understand these things is sometimes on the MRI you can’t tell if there is anything damaged and need it to heal and have inflammation subside. I see this exactly as they have said- it’s a dislocated shoulder. They don’t see anything broken or torn- and it 2-3 weeks- which is probably the time frame for some basically healing to take place, they will see where Randle is in terms of feeling, strength, pain and if they need to evaluate with another scan, they will.

Physically therapy is going to be ice or warmth to keep heeling, range of motion as things go back into place- not a tear. I think a tear would be immobilize the arm.

Officially not a dr.

You're somewhat right. You would want the swelling in the affected area to go down before performing an MRI but that will take just a couple of days. There has been sufficient amount time to determine the extent of the injury....and, imo, if it was just some bruising in the area, it wouldn't need to take 2-3 weeks to heal. Like I mentioned, this looks like they are trying other methods before declaring surgery.

I'm obviously not in the Knicks locker room but, in my experience as physical therapist assistant, I don't think I have ever had a patient who did NOT have a labral tear along with a shoulder dislocation. REALLY HOPING its not the case here.

What's next Swish? You want to tell me the Easter Bunny doesn't exist? Rocky isn't realistic? Stephen Segal isn't really a karate master? I'm already down. Just kick me some more.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/1/2024  9:07 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:

Same

Officially not a dr.

What's next Swish? You want to tell me the Easter Bunny doesn't exist? Rocky isn't realistic? Stephen Segal isn't really a karate master? I'm already down. Just kick me some more.

Steven Segal is definately a master of the deadly art or Ka-ra-te

~You can't run from who you are.~
BigDaddyG

2/1/2024  11:22 PM
joec32033 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:

Same

Officially not a dr.

Steven Segal is definately a master of the deadly art or Ka-ra-te

I think Thibs would kick his ass.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

2/2/2024  6:05 AM
Is Kelly Lebrock still alive, that was Segal's ex wife no ?
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/2/2024  7:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/3/2024  7:23 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:

Same

Officially not a dr.

How many Julius Randles have you had in your office?
I had two torn tendons and one partial in my right shoulder. MRI the day after the injury saw everything. With what the Knicks have available to them and in order to come out publicly and say so, I trust that there is nothing there and that the reevaluation is in terms of time he will be out. Basically, they want to see how quickly he recovers. But I'm not a doctor. But I did play one on TV.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/3/2024  1:32 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:Is Kelly Lebrock still alive, that was Segal's ex wife no ?

~You can't run from who you are.~
HofstraBBall

2/3/2024  7:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/3/2024  7:43 AM

Is this more "American disinformation" which Master Seagal warned us about?
Miss Lebrock is very much alive. As is his current Wife Erdenetuya.

Btw, some may not know but Master Seagal, while visiting the Dalai Llama (who was magnificent, the flowing robe, the grace, bald, striking), as a looper in the 80's, was given "total consciousness".
So he has that going for him. Which is nice.

Can we now get back to this trade Randle thread.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
2/3/2024  8:07 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Is this more "American disinformation" which Master Seagal warned us about?
Miss Lebrock is very much alive. As is his current Wife Erdenetuya.

Btw, some may not know but Master Seagal, while visiting the Dalai Llama (who was magnificent, the flowing robe, the grace, bald, striking), as a looper in the 80's, was given "total consciousness".
So he has that going for him. Which is nice.

Can we now get back to this trade Randle thread.

Now if only we could dislocate Randle. Amirite?!?

What a bum!!!

BingBong
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #9036

2/3/2024  10:14 AM

Indeed she was Segal's wife at one time. And yes, she's still alive. She no longer looks like the "Woman in Red" or the chick in "Weird Science", back in the day when she was the hottest woman on the planet. Time has not been particularly nice to her. But there was a time...whew, my dream girl when I was a younger man

[url=https://postimg.cc/Z0H8rRJr][/url]

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/3/2024  10:49 AM
Weird science version had me randy back in the day.

Not so much todays whatever collagen pumped, obvious plastic surgery version going on ew

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
2/3/2024  11:00 AM
Wait. What was this thread about?

Oh yeah. I’m a Vanessa Angel guy myself.

BingBong
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #9036

2/3/2024  12:15 PM
She's definitely hot. I'd still give the nod to Kelly though...just me

BigDaddyG

2/3/2024  2:53 PM
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
2/4/2024  12:57 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:

Same

Officially not a dr.

I had two torn tendons and one partial in my right shoulder. MRI the day after the injury saw everything. With what the Knicks have available to them and in order to come out publicly and say so, I trust that there is nothing there and that the reevaluation is in terms of time he will be out. Basically, they want to see how quickly he recovers. But I'm not a doctor. But I did play one on TV.

No….had a Jon Randleston once though. Does that count?

Definitely not an expert on the field, just expressing what I have encountered with people in similar situation.

With that said…lots of variables to consider like what grade of tear it is and how he would respond to a cortisone shot.
I remember when Melo tore his shoulder labrum on his non-shooting arm during the Boston playoffs and he still managed to play but you can tell it affected his game.

NYK fans were relentless and didn’t care that he was playing injured (unlike Lin who got a pass the year prior). Most have the same type of “love” for Randle. We will see how it goes when he returns

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

2/4/2024  6:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/4/2024  6:48 AM
joec32033 wrote:

She must be 60 and her boobs 20 thanks to weird science ??

HofstraBBall

2/4/2024  8:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/4/2024  9:03 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:

Same

Officially not a dr.

No….had a Jon Randleston once though. Does that count?

Definitely not an expert on the field, just expressing what I have encountered with people in similar situation.

With that said…lots of variables to consider like what grade of tear it is and how he would respond to a cortisone shot.
I remember when Melo tore his shoulder labrum on his non-shooting arm during the Boston playoffs and he still managed to play but you can tell it affected his game.

NYK fans were relentless and didn’t care that he was playing injured (unlike Lin who got a pass the year prior). Most have the same type of “love” for Randle. We will see how it goes when he returns

Did hear that Randlestton had a great crossover. 🤣

True regarding Randle. Post geared towards hope rather than certainly.

And agree with your Melo and Lin perspective. Fans also gave Amare somewhat of a pass on the fire extinguisher scuffle. Can imagine if Randle had done that.
Think that Randle will take into account the way fans reacted to his playoff play despite having an ankle that needed surgery. It should prompt him to get completely healthy and game ready before getting back on the court. Especially since everything, including surgery, is still on the table.

HofstraBBall

2/4/2024  9:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/4/2024  9:05 AM
Ian Begley update video.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/4/2024  9:53 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:

She must be 60 and her boobs 20 thanks to weird science ??

Wikipedia has her born in 1959 or 1960. Puts her about 64. She looks older, look at her hands! Sad what she did to her face to attempt to defy aging. She’d pair well with Micky Rourke with that look!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/4/2024  10:34 AM
WOrried about OG also. DOn’t want to wake up one day and read he is having Tommy John surgery and out for a while.
Did Raptors sell us damaged goods? Hope not.
Shit happens. Lessor the better!
Randle: Dislocated Shoulder

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy