[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 1/27/24 @3PM] Knicks vs Heat
Author Thread
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

1/27/2024  6:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2024  6:46 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:OG starts at PF with Hart at the wing or Precious at the PF spot?

I had raised the Evan for Bogdovic for awhile. That deal would give us a good 3/4 for a stretch. Different type of player but can help us tread water until Julius returns. Depth is always needed and we got Evan getting that cash and not providing any value, turn him in to a piece that can be played and traded in the off-season. Not a perfect player but for the next 20 games while Julius heals ( if he recovers sooner great ) not a bad move right now ?

AUTOADVERT
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
1/27/2024  6:44 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:This feels like the Denver game. They put up more of a fight, but they looked like a team that lost 5 straight. They just got Rozier, going to take 15-20 games for them to get in synch. Was wondering when Butler would turn on the jets, and he did late in the third, but that was it. Butler will do that for 4 quarters in the playoffs.

Im glad we won the last 2 games against good to great teams, but I know this isnt what we would see from either team in the playoffs.

Interesting that Thibs let Grimes close. He earned it, took it to the rim repeatedly. Made some clutch shots.

Hope Randle is OK. Looks like his shoulder popped out. Had a bone spur pressing against my rotator cuff, shredded my muscles. But I had a great surgeon, lucked out. Hope Randle doesnt need surgery.

Nuggets had an unforced turnover on the first play, never had a lead, and waved the white flag halfway into the third, Miami came out on fire, withstood the Knicks run and tied it with 25 seconds left in the 3Rd before Brunson went MVP. Sadly it looks like the Knicks have a good team.

Heat wont play like this in the postseason. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. Not saying we cant beat them. I am saying a Spoelstra coached team will be a lot tougher in the postseason, Rozier just got there as well, played poorly. Said I was glad we won, but we need a better test.

About Rozier a stats guy on twitter pointed something out about him. Apparently he had a higher usage rate, or something along those lines, than superstar guards on other teams. So he might not play as well on a team where his usage rate should drop considerably.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/27/2024  6:47 PM
Clean wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:This feels like the Denver game. They put up more of a fight, but they looked like a team that lost 5 straight. They just got Rozier, going to take 15-20 games for them to get in synch. Was wondering when Butler would turn on the jets, and he did late in the third, but that was it. Butler will do that for 4 quarters in the playoffs.

Im glad we won the last 2 games against good to great teams, but I know this isnt what we would see from either team in the playoffs.

Interesting that Thibs let Grimes close. He earned it, took it to the rim repeatedly. Made some clutch shots.

Hope Randle is OK. Looks like his shoulder popped out. Had a bone spur pressing against my rotator cuff, shredded my muscles. But I had a great surgeon, lucked out. Hope Randle doesnt need surgery.

Nuggets had an unforced turnover on the first play, never had a lead, and waved the white flag halfway into the third, Miami came out on fire, withstood the Knicks run and tied it with 25 seconds left in the 3Rd before Brunson went MVP. Sadly it looks like the Knicks have a good team.

Heat wont play like this in the postseason. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. Not saying we cant beat them. I am saying a Spoelstra coached team will be a lot tougher in the postseason, Rozier just got there as well, played poorly. Said I was glad we won, but we need a better test.

About Rozier a stats guy on twitter pointed something out about him. Apparently he had a higher usage rate, or something along those lines, than superstar guards on other teams. So he might not play as well on a team where his usage rate should drop considerably.

Thats a good point. Thats another reason why the heat need 15-20 games for them to figure things out. I think its too soon to tell if its going to work. I do know not to underestimate the Heat, or Butler. I would say the same to Heat fans about Brunson.

Alpha1971

1/27/2024  6:50 PM
Rozier was a steal for Miami, they gave up nothing. Adding Rozier will play dividends for them. He would have helped us too. Not good enough for our fans but good enough for Spoelstra I trust Miami to take a player and make it work. But Knicks are doing great let's hope Mitch and Julius will be back
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/27/2024  6:51 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
1/27/2024  6:51 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:Rozier was a steal for Miami, they gave up nothing. Adding Rozier will play dividends for them. He would have helped us too. Not good enough for our fans but good enough for Spoelstra I trust Miami to take a player and make it work. But Knicks are doing great let's hope Mitch and Julius will be back

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

1/27/2024  7:03 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:Rozier was a steal for Miami, they gave up nothing. Adding Rozier will play dividends for them. He would have helped us too. Not good enough for our fans but good enough for Spoelstra I trust Miami to take a player and make it work. But Knicks are doing great let's hope Mitch and Julius will be back

Lowry? Hard to believe that move won't come back to bite them clutch time in the playoffs.

Alpha1971

1/27/2024  7:06 PM
martin wrote:

Martin how old are you ??? You judging an acquisition for the Heat after a week ? Let's revisit at the end of the season

GustavBahler

1/27/2024  7:12 PM

We might be OK with Deuce, if he keeps playing like this. With Rozier, I think it depends on the team. Rozier will be tough in the playoffs, if he's on his game.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/27/2024  7:13 PM
martin wrote:

31 days would be a hell of a blessing.
GustavBahler

1/27/2024  7:14 PM
martin wrote:

Someone is getting signed or traded

NYStateOfMind
Member: #5741
USA
1/27/2024  7:14 PM
Some people are overhyping this add and devaluing this solid win. Rozier was available so cheap for a reason, he is a negative net player. I didn't want him on this team and good to great coaching will only mask his problems, not fix them. He is -135 in January. Let the heat have him, lol.

I expected to win this game by about 20 points, minus some rude taken & made shots taken by the Heat in the last 30 seconds, they basically did that. Since the OG trade and before tonight's game, so January 1st, team net ratings are Knicks +15 Heat -7, 22 pt. difference. Gelling alone shouldn't fix that gap and we still may make a move or 2.

Lets go Knicks, F the Heat!

Alpha1971

1/27/2024  7:19 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

We might be OK with Deuce, if he keeps playing like this. With Rozier, I think it depends on the team. Rozier will be tough in the playoffs, if he's on his game.

I am not saying the Knicks should have gotten Rozier. But if he was acquired he would be a plus and for what Miami got him for it was a low price. Rozier, Clarkson, Brogdon and Murray are all good targets and none of them are perfect. Add Brown, DeRozan, and Bognovic that list of possible acquisitions that have pros and cons. Rozier is no bum and watch Miami turn the deal to their favor is my only point

JonsTintedTails
Member: #852
USA
Taj Gibson 3.0 incoming
GustavBahler

NYStateOfMind wrote:Some people are overhyping this add and devaluing this solid win. Rozier was available so cheap for a reason, he is a negative net player. I didn't want him on this team and good to great coaching will only mask his problems, not fix them. He is -135 in January. Let the heat have him, lol.

I expected to win this game by about 20 points, minus some rude taken & made shots taken by the Heat in the last 30 seconds, they basically did that. Since the OG trade and before tonight's game, so January 1st, team net ratings are Knicks +15 Heat -7, 22 pt. difference. Gelling alone shouldn't fix that gap and we still may make a move or 2.

Not really. Its more about wanting a better test of how far this team can go as constructed. Denver was gassed. Heat had Rozier for 4 games. Lets see how we do (when Randle gets back) vs. teams who are relatively fresh, and on a roll. Im looking forward to it.

Alpha1971

1/27/2024  7:25 PM
Great win, Fly Randall off to Lourdes for a miraculous healing
NYStateOfMind
Member: #5741
USA
1/27/2024  7:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2024  7:30 PM
In the end, excuses are lame. No one gives the Knicks outs with excuses like the shat reffing in the 3rd quarter. Precious gets hammered going strong to the hoop, leads to a break and 1, 5 point swing. When does the respect come? Who do they need to beat next? They shouldn't have to win a ring to get it. They've earned it.

The facts are, we play who is scheduled and the Knicks just smashed the 2 teams who were in the Finals in back to back games by 54 points. The NBA is on notice, from Jalen to the Knicks full team, they are a for real ECF contender.

GustavBahler wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:Some people are overhyping this add and devaluing this solid win. Rozier was available so cheap for a reason, he is a negative net player. I didn't want him on this team and good to great coaching will only mask his problems, not fix them. He is -135 in January. Let the heat have him, lol.

Not really. Its more about wanting a better test of how far this team can go as constructed. Denver was gassed. Heat had Rozier for 4 games. Lets see how we do (when Randle gets back) vs. teams who are relatively fresh, and on a roll. Im looking forward to it.

GustavBahler

1/27/2024  7:38 PM
NYStateOfMind wrote:In the end, excuses are lame. No one gives the Knicks outs with excuses like the shat reffing in the 3rd quarter. Precious gets hammered going strong to the hoop, leads to a break and 1, 5 point swing. When does the respect come? They shouldn't have to win a ring to get it. They've earned it.

The facts are, we play who is scheduled and the Knicks just smashed the 2 teams who were in the Finals in back to back games by 54 points. The NBA is on notice, from Jalen to the Knicks full team, they are a for real ECF contender.

GustavBahler wrote:

Learn the difference between explaining and making excuses We won, nothing to excuse. Nothing to call the refs out for.

Heat were on a five game losing streak, and a new player to work into the rotation. I wouldnt call the last two games our biggest challenge of the season, those games are ahead of us.

martin
USA
1/27/2024  7:47 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:

Martin how old are you ??? You judging an acquisition for the Heat after a week ? Let's revisit at the end of the season

Small sample size!

And it’s not how old you are but how high you are

martin
USA
1/27/2024  7:48 PM
JonsTintedTails wrote:Taj Gibson 3.0 incoming

Thibs is personally on Taj 17.0

[Game Thread 1/27/24 @3PM] Knicks vs Heat

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy