[Game Thread 1/25/24 @7:30PM] Knicks vs Nuggets
Author Thread
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/25/2024  10:39 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:Ok. My first in attendance game of the season was vs the Celtics. We had a 3rd quarter lead that we blew but man we played Boston tight. Now with Nuggets, we had like a 35 point lead, benches unlocked and I was still curious if we would hold the lead. Shell shock. Or Miller lite.

1) OG is a ****ing beast. Yeah. He is loose on offense. Confidence needs to be there. Finger rolls instead of dunks will get you castrated in NY. He’s a ****ing beast and needs to accept that. He disrupted Mike Maloney offense all night.

2) Randle is a new man. He is 100% making better decisions. Those 8 assists came without any pomp or circumstance. Just showed out with 8 assists. No forcing it. Just natural. DDV hit his shots.

3) Loki is a trickster. Oops. I mean Jalen MF Brunson. A) I wish I had the relationship with my dad (rip) he has. It’s awesome to watch. 2) His center of balance is elite. 3) If he got half the call Jokic got he would have 3 rings:

4) Jokic is an enigma. That’s the softest 31 points I’ve ever ever ever seen. His passing is elite. He deserved either an Emmy or a tech for his flopitude.

5) Gary Payton the first of his name would be proud of Hart. GLOVES.

6) Sims/Achiuwa held it down.

7) OG Anunoby gets game ball and a cigar. Jamaal Murray is legit and holding him to 7 points is insane.

8) Game was over when the Challenge on Anunoby’s Jokic swipe/foul/flop was overturned. Knicks have credibility. OG is a force. Lock him up. $35mm per unless he is willing to take less to give the Knicks room.

9) I honestly don’t remember Grimes scoring so many points. Will have to re watch.

10) Miami is next. Then, we rest.

Joyful JuJu

This Ju is all NBA. Gonna be hard to close out this year. But if he plays like this all season next year? All NBA. He has the capability to average a triple double on this team.

So you’re saying his value is pretty high right now…

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/25/2024  10:44 PM
So when Knicks are down, Nalod don’t bash. LOok for brightness.
When knicks lose to a bad team, and its gonna happen, remember its the NBA and anyteam can beat another. It happens.
We a very good team and beat the champs. WE got them on a down night. It was fun.
This team has a good vibe. We keep losing centers and get better? LOL!!!
The ball movement and team is playing loose and having fun.
Mikal bridges? WE don’t need all the Villinova guys. We got the disregarded ones that are playing up!!!!

Randles kid on the bench. Priceless.
Im loving his new chill attitude and not crying. He is still evolving.
I’d be hating trading RJ but kicks winning and OG doing great things makes it all easy.

Miami in a funk. Funk them.

Im enjoying this season. Where it goes? Its a journey. The future will take care of itself.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/25/2024  10:45 PM
ToddTT wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:Ok. My first in attendance game of the season was vs the Celtics. We had a 3rd quarter lead that we blew but man we played Boston tight. Now with Nuggets, we had like a 35 point lead, benches unlocked and I was still curious if we would hold the lead. Shell shock. Or Miller lite.

1) OG is a ****ing beast. Yeah. He is loose on offense. Confidence needs to be there. Finger rolls instead of dunks will get you castrated in NY. He’s a ****ing beast and needs to accept that. He disrupted Mike Maloney offense all night.

2) Randle is a new man. He is 100% making better decisions. Those 8 assists came without any pomp or circumstance. Just showed out with 8 assists. No forcing it. Just natural. DDV hit his shots.

3) Loki is a trickster. Oops. I mean Jalen MF Brunson. A) I wish I had the relationship with my dad (rip) he has. It’s awesome to watch. 2) His center of balance is elite. 3) If he got half the call Jokic got he would have 3 rings:

4) Jokic is an enigma. That’s the softest 31 points I’ve ever ever ever seen. His passing is elite. He deserved either an Emmy or a tech for his flopitude.

5) Gary Payton the first of his name would be proud of Hart. GLOVES.

6) Sims/Achiuwa held it down.

7) OG Anunoby gets game ball and a cigar. Jamaal Murray is legit and holding him to 7 points is insane.

8) Game was over when the Challenge on Anunoby’s Jokic swipe/foul/flop was overturned. Knicks have credibility. OG is a force. Lock him up. $35mm per unless he is willing to take less to give the Knicks room.

9) I honestly don’t remember Grimes scoring so many points. Will have to re watch.

10) Miami is next. Then, we rest.

Joyful JuJu

This Ju is all NBA. Gonna be hard to close out this year. But if he plays like this all season next year? All NBA. He has the capability to average a triple double on this team.

So you’re saying his value is pretty high right now…

Let’s just say he is playing well and didn’t lose an easy game going for 72.

This is the Randle.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
1/25/2024  11:04 PM
Knixkik wrote:
VDesai wrote:Grimes working on his offense

No one plays with more confidence than grimes when the Knicks are up big.

He's just built different.

~You can't run from who you are.~
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/25/2024  11:06 PM
How on earth did DVO shoot 4-for-5 from 3pt and 5-for-10 overall?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/25/2024  11:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2024  11:16 PM
This dude from Texas reppin' the Knicks harder then so-called New York native Stephen A. Smith.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/25/2024  11:19 PM
Panos wrote:How on earth did DVO shoot 4-for-5 from 3pt and 5-for-10 overall?

Because....
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EwingsGlass
USA
1/25/2024  11:23 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:This dude from Texas reppin' the Knicks harder then so-called New York native Stephen A. Smith.

SAS is trash. Perk tells it like it is. SAS thinks he is bigger than the Knicks. Perk loves the game. Cancel SAS. Give Perk a pedestal.

This is the Randle.
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
1/26/2024  2:56 AM
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

1/26/2024  3:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/26/2024  3:25 AM
Team blew out the Champs !!! Most fun game of the year for it's sheer lopsided out of no where win without our two front line centers. Which leads me to my stat of the night - team won big with our two centers combining for 4 points. We are not going to likely keep Hartenstein and Mitch next season. So this deadline I could see the deadline moving Mitch or I Heart in a trade for a forward or a wing. But more likely in the off-season both won't be back. We love our players but don't get attached. Centers really are like NFL running backs, not the position to invest a huge part of the cap on. Not saying we role with Precious and Simms but I don't Leon pays I Hart what he can get maybe on the open market. Unless other teams see his current injury and the potential salary he can get and pass on him and then only then the team can sign him to the amount the team is willing to pay. I won't lie I Hart and Mitch would be a great tandem to have of the salary for I Hart works. But I'm prepared to see him go.
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

1/26/2024  3:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/26/2024  3:28 AM
Clean wrote:

If OG raises his contributions to be a 20 pt efficient scorer the Knicks will have a big 3 !!!. Let's just believe he does it. Positive energy and magical thinking.The we are just one good piece away

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/26/2024  5:07 AM
Yes, Grimes shines in garbage time. But those were nice takes to the rim. High difficulty shots. I get the feeling we would have seen this part of his game sooner, if Grimes had stayed on the bench for another season or two.

Might end up being a late bloomer on another team. Dont believe his game has flatlined like Frank.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/26/2024  7:03 AM
ToddTT wrote:

Crow nuggets?

EwingsGlass
USA
1/26/2024  7:23 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
Clean wrote:

If OG raises his contributions to be a 20 pt efficient scorer the Knicks will have a big 3 !!!. Let's just believe he does it. Positive energy and magical thinking.The we are just one good piece away

If he gets 6 steals a game that will be easy…

This is the Randle.
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

1/26/2024  7:37 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Yes, Grimes shines in garbage time. But those were nice takes to the rim. High difficulty shots. I get the feeling we would have seen this part of his game sooner, if Grimes had stayed on the bench for another season or two.

Might end up being a late bloomer on another team. Dont believe his game has flatlined like Frank.

he's perplexing b/c he plays with such confidence and aggression in garbage time and even finishes at the rim. Makes you want to believe but then I remember Obi used to average 30 in April games.

EwingsGlass
USA
1/26/2024  7:46 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Yes, Grimes shines in garbage time. But those were nice takes to the rim. High difficulty shots. I get the feeling we would have seen this part of his game sooner, if Grimes had stayed on the bench for another season or two.

he's perplexing b/c he plays with such confidence and aggression in garbage time and even finishes at the rim. Makes you want to believe but then I remember Obi used to average 30 in April games.

Mojo baby, mojo

This is the Randle.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/26/2024  7:46 AM
nycericanguy wrote:

Just keep in mind how his high school to college career went. I see a ton of kids like this, they are slow adjusters. But when they settle in, they shine as they should IF the talent is there and things work.

Grimes could fail but I still see it for him when he gets over his mental hump

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/26/2024  7:48 AM
How does Deuce go from 3point shooting Ntilikina to 3point shooting Steph Curry?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nycericanguy

1/26/2024  7:51 AM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:

Just keep in mind how his high school to college career went. I see a ton of kids like this, they are slow adjusters. But when they settle in, they shine as they should IF the talent is there and things work.

Grimes could fail but I still see it for him when he gets over his mental hump

end of day I'm not trading or benching Grimes for anyone that isn't a long term piece. I mean he's averaging 9.2ppg since the day in just 18mpg. granted inflated by blowouts but it took 2.5 years for it to CLICK for IQ and for the game to slow down so I'm not out on Grimes just yet.

nycericanguy

1/26/2024  7:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/26/2024  7:53 AM
martin wrote:How does Deuce go from 3point shooting Ntilikina to 3point shooting Steph Curry?

his shot has been amazing really. Major props to him, he's not just taking easy ones either, he regularly creates off head fakes.

he's another one, 8.6ppg last 13 games in just 16mpg, he's basically replaced IQ's offense on a per min basis while being more efficient and better on D.

[Game Thread 1/25/24 @7:30PM] Knicks vs Nuggets

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy