AUTOADVERT
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

1/26/2024  9:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/26/2024  9:32 PM
martin wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Rookie wrote:ESPN NBA Today - “we are going to be saying very positive things about the Knicks tomorrow after their complete beat down of the champs last night.”

Zach Lowe - “time to start cashing in those sick days”

Ramona Shelburne - “uh, I’m going to be very late for work. I hear traffic is going to be very very bad tomorrow”

lol at all the asshats at ESPN. Stephen A is still the absolute worst Knicks fan ever

Fixed. Not sure he is actually a Knick fan. He just plays one on TV. Kind of.

Was reading a yahoo sports article by a guy named Ben Rohrbach - "Should We Be Excited about Knicks Basketball?" To me it was typical of how the, um, "asshats" are repositioning themselves and their LOL Knicks schtick now that their good play can't be ignored. Basically saying the Knicks have been horrible for a long time (was true) and implying it's pathetic to get excited about being Eastern Conference 4th seed. There is a grudging notice of Leon Rose's change of approach, but not that this brick by brick philosophy has been going on for four years now. As far as this guy and the other gasbags are concerned all Knicks trashing was justified until now.

It doesn't matter I know. I just don't care for these phonies.

Watch this to set you right

I can dig it.

There's no question that post OG trade Knicks have blossomed in a way even us homers couldn't have hoped for. And although I know the team will have their stumbles, I don't have the same beaten dog fear of the shoe dropping that is a Knicks fan's legacy. There's too much good stuff in place in terms of players, coach, and front office. Bring it on!

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
1/26/2024  10:52 PM
I think post-OG trade, we've clearly become a better team. We get more efficient output from Randle and Brunson. The downside is that we've lost some quality depth. RJ was a damned good 3rd scoring option, and Quickley was an elite 6th man.

With that said, so long as OG is healthy, his defensive boost to the team gives us an intangible chance to win even if our offense is sputtering. While our offense is often firing on all cylinders with him in the game (thus his brilliant +/- numbers)... it gives a lot of leeway to have a less than optimal offense. Thus less of a need for the offensive punch of RJ/Quickley.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

1/26/2024  11:44 PM
martin wrote:How does Deuce go from 3point shooting Ntilikina to 3point shooting Steph Curry?

Don’t underrate Frank - Martin. He scored his first points of the season tonight…BOOM.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

1/26/2024  11:47 PM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Yes, Grimes shines in garbage time. But those were nice takes to the rim. High difficulty shots. I get the feeling we would have seen this part of his game sooner, if Grimes had stayed on the bench for another season or two.

Might end up being a late bloomer on another team. Dont believe his game has flatlined like Frank.

he's perplexing b/c he plays with such confidence and aggression in garbage time and even finishes at the rim. Makes you want to believe but then I remember Obi used to average 30 in April games.

Just keep in mind how his high school to college career went. I see a ton of kids like this, they are slow adjusters. But when they settle in, they shine as they should IF the talent is there and things work.

Grimes could fail but I still see it for him when he gets over his mental hump

end of day I'm not trading or benching Grimes for anyone that isn't a long term piece. I mean he's averaging 9.2ppg since the day in just 18mpg. granted inflated by blowouts but it took 2.5 years for it to CLICK for IQ and for the game to slow down so I'm not out on Grimes just yet.

100% same.

I am officially off the Dejounte trade train in lieu of keeping Grimes and going another route to upgrade.

I’m not off the trade Grimes train per se but I find myself very Luke warm on Murray after watching him for 4-5 games. Lot of skill but something missing that I can’t put my finger on —- maybe it’s just that he would need to start.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/27/2024  12:16 AM
martin wrote:

honestly he nailed it. Knicks have a ton of size and length up front. There's a lot of skill, shooting and every single guy plays both ends. Then you have Brunson (and now Randle!) causing nightmares during crunchtime. Maybe the league eventually figures out how to deal with the +OG Knicks but they have not yet.

Everyone lays duds... except the Knicks. Like he said they dont phuck around and they are really good at what they do.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/27/2024  8:35 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
martin wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Rookie wrote:ESPN NBA Today - “we are going to be saying very positive things about the Knicks tomorrow after their complete beat down of the champs last night.”

Ramona Shelburne - “uh, I’m going to be very late for work. I hear traffic is going to be very very bad tomorrow”

lol at all the asshats at ESPN. Stephen A is still the absolute worst Knicks fan ever

Was reading a yahoo sports article by a guy named Ben Rohrbach - "Should We Be Excited about Knicks Basketball?" To me it was typical of how the, um, "asshats" are repositioning themselves and their LOL Knicks schtick now that their good play can't be ignored. Basically saying the Knicks have been horrible for a long time (was true) and implying it's pathetic to get excited about being Eastern Conference 4th seed. There is a grudging notice of Leon Rose's change of approach, but not that this brick by brick philosophy has been going on for four years now. As far as this guy and the other gasbags are concerned all Knicks trashing was justified until now.

I can dig it.

There's no question that post OG trade Knicks have blossomed in a way even us homers couldn't have hoped for. And although I know the team will have their stumbles, I don't have the same beaten dog fear of the shoe dropping that is a Knicks fan's legacy. There's too much good stuff in place in terms of players, coach, and front office. Bring it on!

Amen, you have said this perfectly and this has probably set in at the fan base level, even amongst the most MS pessimistic. Knicks fans have collectively carried this PTSD for so long and we’ve finally found a therapist who is doing good work and we are all starting to smile again and enjoy each game, with vibes of late 60’s Knicks era optimism.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
blkexec
Member: #748
1/27/2024  8:54 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:How does Deuce go from 3point shooting Ntilikina to 3point shooting Steph Curry?

Don’t underrate Frank - Martin. He scored his first points of the season tonight…BOOM.

Deuce always been a mid range shooter. So that’s just a slight adjustment to hitting 3s. I’m not sure if Frank ever been known for being a shooter. First points of the year? The Frank hive probably still hiding under a rock 🤣. I like Frank. His only problem is he was picked too high. He’s a 2nd round talent trying to live up to his top 10 selection. Sometimes you need to be slept on early in order to shine later (JB). But if it’s the other way around, it can hurt your career (Frank, Knox, Obi).

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/27/2024  11:49 AM
martin wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
martin wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

I can dig it.

Amen, you have said this perfectly and this has probably set in at the fan base level, even amongst the most MS pessimistic. Knicks fans have collectively carried this PTSD for so long and we’ve finally found a therapist who is doing good work and we are all starting to smile again and enjoy each game, with vibes of late 60’s Knicks era optimism.

Amen.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/28/2024  3:14 PM
I’m so far behind in life that I’m still catching up on watching the Nuggets game.

There was a second unit rotation of Deuce, Grimes, Hart, OG, Precious.

Jamal Murray (with Denver second unit) had the ball in his hands a lot against OG, and to get Jamal free they kept trying to PnR against the Knicks to get a different defender on him, and this one particular play ended up with Grimes on him. Grimes, who was the Knicks’ premier POA stopper last year!?!?

Holy crap how do you play offense against this defensive second unit lineup?

Now imagine Mitch in there with those guys?!?! Or even iHart running motion/cutting offense through him at top of key?!?!

Fuck yes!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
[Game Thread 1/25/24 @7:30PM] Knicks vs Nuggets

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy