[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade deadline predictions (deadline: Thursday, Feb 8 at 3 pm ET)
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/7/2024  3:29 PM
Sometimes they are just not good players.

Sometimes they are just young, inexperienced players.

Sometimes they are good players with a bad coach or a bad scheme.

Sometimes they are good players but just in the wrong role.

Sometimes they are good players but they overlap in skill set in an awkward, non OG type of way.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
martin
USA
2/7/2024  3:31 PM
OK, root for Utah to tank!!

DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

2/7/2024  3:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2024  3:35 PM
martin wrote:Sometimes they are just not good players.

Sometimes they are just young, inexperienced players.

Sometimes they are good players with a bad coach or a bad scheme.

Sometimes they are good players but just in the wrong role.

Sometimes they are good players but they overlap in skill set in an awkward, non OG type of way.

I think anyone we get is coming off the bench at this point anyway. The starting lineup is too good, DDV fits too well. DJM will come off the bench, play in tandem units with Brunson throughout the game, and finish a bunch of games. But after a 9 game winning streak and after the starters have continued to play extremely well with Randle and OG down, I don't think there is any reason to mess up the starting backcourt chemistry. Knicks are good enough now to tell a fringe all star type that they are coming off the bench and we going to try and make a title run. It was harder to make that case a month ago. It's not hard to make that case anymore.

martin
USA
2/7/2024  3:40 PM

Comparison.

DO BENCH & SECOND UNITS NEXT!!!

martin
USA
2/7/2024  3:48 PM
martin
USA
2/7/2024  4:03 PM
Does anyone believe that Jericho Sims was held out of game last night cause of an illness or an “illness”?

[IMG_block] https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GFv-MgBawAAaWNr?format=jpg&name=medium [/IMG_block]

martin
USA
2/7/2024  4:12 PM
martin
USA
2/7/2024  4:32 PM
martin
USA
2/7/2024  4:48 PM
martin
USA
2/7/2024  4:51 PM
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
2/7/2024  8:23 PM
Here’s the thing. Knicks are playing really well even though they are undermanned. Guys are getting good experience. Struggling a bit. I don’t really care what seed we are in the playoffs. Home court advantage is nice and all, but not the end all.

Healthy team (fingers crossed) has too many players for not enough minutes.

Brunson / McBride / Flynn
DDV / Grimes
Anunoby / Hart
Randle / Achiuwa
Robinson / Hart

Last playoffs, Thibs tightened his rotation with Grimes, Quickley and Toppin losing playing time as the Miami series progressed.

Now, we are talking about Star trades and such, but there isn’t much out there I am really chasing. A healthy Embiid would be an upgrade, but at what cost and what risk.

Lebron? I mean, I’m still bitter from the announcement. Again, what cost for how many years left? Can’t argue is still amazing. Would love to see him coach Randle up a bit on how to manage a game. To find the open man despite the double.

The lineup needs a passing big. You have 3 roughly 40% 3pt shooters at PG, SG and SF. Randle can be that guy, but he needs to work on his court vision and decision making.

At this point Markannen would be a great pickup. Whatever cost is recoverable. Insurance if Randle lingers. Could slot into C when they need offense. Could mark Porzingis and put pressure on him on both sides of the court. If Ainge is really looking to move anyone, I’d probably take him.

I have my youth list. Trey Murphy, Tari Eason, etc.

Last resort is to simply push Fournier for a more functional player. Add an asset to upgrade. That’s your Malcolm Brogdon, Jordan Clarkson (Colin Sexton - been corrected on his increased efficiency, got to check some tape). Jonathan Isaac would be a solid trade as we approach the deadline without a clear partner.

Comes down to what the FO knows about their injured players. I predict a move with Fournier. Utah. Multiple options, but Olynyk and Clarkson are most likely as my prediction.

This is the Randle.
Garrett2010PSD
Member: #9141
USA
2/8/2024  7:31 AM
Hearing today on ESPN radio that the price for Murray has gone down.

Maybe Hawks realizing they were being unrealistic in their demands.

If this is true, I would expect the Knicks to circle back on this.

I still like Brogdan if the price is right.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/8/2024  8:40 AM
Why do the lakers keep coming up when they are so capped and have few picks?
How do they factor for Donovan mitchell unless Lebron is involved?
That DRussell play of late is good enough that the premium for murray migth be a price too high to pay?

Debbie Downer thought: OG elbow is bad and maybe has to stop playing. Randle’s shoulder? He comes back too soon and its chronic and his play suffers. Mitch? He don’t really comeback. Jalen keeps getting banged up. His on court emotions are way up complaining about every call the more he balls out. Dude needs to channel his inner calm or he gonna be a mess. I like the man and he carrying the burdan now. Its one thing to get to the mountain top but another to stay there. Nalod cares.

OG played big minutes and was saying “he is used to it”. Success was tangable. He wants it and a big contract as do knicks. Other teams play their best players also. THis is not just a knick thing. Other teams and it stars are dealing with it. The 65 game rule for awards and money is playing a part in this?

I am not blaming Thibs for over use. In the age of parity teams are more even and stars are now playing more and carrying their fair share. Embiid’s body betrays him almost annually. Anthony Davis has stretches of greatness and were he gets banged up.Zion has yet to put a full season in.

martin
USA
2/8/2024  8:42 AM
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/8/2024  8:42 AM
Last night against the Kings - Burks 25 pts 7/12 FG, 5/7 3pt. Shooting 40% from 3 this year. You know he can handle the ball a bit, gives a good defensive effort, and he can shoot and create his own shot. Philly after him too
martin
USA
2/8/2024  8:44 AM
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/8/2024  9:08 AM
Woj keeps mentioning Burks for the Knicks. He also suggested grimes for Burks but as part of a larger deal on his podcast I guess. We will see. Not sure if it was more of a suggestion or part of a real deal.
martin
USA
2/8/2024  9:08 AM
VDesai wrote:Last night against the Kings - Burks 25 pts 7/12 FG, 5/7 3pt. Shooting 40% from 3 this year. You know he can handle the ball a bit, gives a good defensive effort, and he can shoot and create his own shot. Philly after him too

Burks has one of those odd contract prices for the Knicks to meet. $10M. I don't know who you can trade for him that matches salary. But I'm also struggling with math this morning

DLeethal

2/8/2024  9:11 AM
VDesai wrote:Last night against the Kings - Burks 25 pts 7/12 FG, 5/7 3pt. Shooting 40% from 3 this year. You know he can handle the ball a bit, gives a good defensive effort, and he can shoot and create his own shot. Philly after him too

Burks is an easy no brainer move IMO. Probably only cost some 2nds. I think the hesitancy is that he's expiring and they want the Fournier contract to turn into something that carries over for future trade purposes. Burks can play multiple positions, he's no nonsense and will fit right in with the bench unit, and when we are back at full strength he doesn't even need to play all that much if at all.

DLeethal

2/8/2024  9:12 AM
Knixkik wrote:Woj keeps mentioning Burks for the Knicks. He also suggested grimes for Burks but as part of a larger deal on his podcast I guess. We will see. Not sure if it was more of a suggestion or part of a real deal.

I saw a rumor on another forum that Knicks and DET have Fournier and a 2nd on the table and DET wants another 2nd and Grimes to add Bogdanovich and Knicks don't want to expand the deal. Probably some BS but most stuff around the deadline is.

Trade deadline predictions (deadline: Thursday, Feb 8 at 3 pm ET)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy