[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade deadline predictions (deadline: Thursday, Feb 8 at 3 pm ET)
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/26/2024  11:21 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:What actually would be the trade for Burks be ? Our TPE won't work with a pick, three team small trade or do we trade Evan for Burke and Bog or an other player ?

Precious and Flynn work on the ESPN trade machine.

I know we're just shooting the s#!t here, but Precious if not precious is at least pretty darn valuable at the moment in terms of big man depth.

Mitch coming back soon. We now have Sims back. I'm good with trading Precious if they have to.

Precious can't be traded at this time, neither can Malachi

We're stuck with them.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

1/26/2024  11:56 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:What actually would be the trade for Burks be ? Our TPE won't work with a pick, three team small trade or do we trade Evan for Burke and Bog or an other player ?

I know we're just shooting the s#!t here, but Precious if not precious is at least pretty darn valuable at the moment in terms of big man depth.

Mitch coming back soon. We now have Sims back. I'm good with trading Precious if they have to.

We're stuck with them.

Not positive but don’t think they can be traded with other players.

But on that front seems to be a new thing to create separate trades so that you can in theory move a guy like Precious in a larger deal. I think that is how Flynn came to us via an exemption.

BingBong
Member: #9036

1/27/2024  10:06 AM
I'm actually surprised at how well Precious Achiuwa has played, and he is a definite improvement over Hart in backing up Randle. Hart belongs on the smaller side of the court IMO. A solid backup to Randle is a damn good thing, and we haven't had a real option there since losing Obi. That little pickup in the trade was little more than a sidenote in the news, but I'm sure Thibs was all in for him being thrown into the deal. I imagine that Thibs even demanded it.

I'd be hesitant to ditch Achiuwa for no reason. It just causes another hole that needs filling, and there aren't that many decent big men who play the 4 position and don't whine about spending most of the game on the sidelines. Achiuwa grew up on the streets of NY as a die-hard Knicks' fan. He is reinvigorated to prove to the city and himself that he's the real deal. He's 6'8" and a legitimate no. 4. He's only 24 yrs old, a top 20 draft pick who has not been given a lot of opportunity to shine on the court at Miami or Toronto. Just because the big news of the trade was OG and the others seemed like "throw ins", he's actually a talented power forward and can even spell the 5 spot in emergencies. Against the Nuggets the other day, he played 22 minutes...had 10 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block and a plus 18. And he's still just getting to jell with the team. Geesh...cut him some slack...give the guy a chance!

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/27/2024  10:28 AM
BingBong wrote:I'm actually surprised at how well Precious Achiuwa has played, and he is a definite improvement over Hart in backing up Randle. Hart belongs on the smaller side of the court IMO. A solid backup to Randle is a damn good thing, and we haven't had a real option there since losing Obi. That little pickup in the trade was little more than a sidenote in the news, but I'm sure Thibs was all in for him being thrown into the deal. I imagine that Thibs even demanded it.

I'd be hesitant to ditch Achiuwa for no reason. It just causes another hole that needs filling, and there aren't that many decent big men who play the 4 position and don't whine about spending most of the game on the sidelines. Achiuwa grew up on the streets of NY as a die-hard Knicks' fan. He is reinvigorated to prove to the city and himself that he's the real deal. He's 6'8" and a legitimate no. 4. He's only 24 yrs old, a top 20 draft pick who has not been given a lot of opportunity to shine on the court at Miami or Toronto. Just because the big news of the trade was OG and the others seemed like "throw ins", he's actually a talented power forward and can even spell the 5 spot in emergencies. Against the Nuggets the other day, he played 22 minutes...had 10 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block and a plus 18. And he's still just getting to jell with the team. Geesh...cut him some slack...give the guy a chance!

Mrs. Achiuwa is that you Seriously though, I agree. I think he has done well with his minutes. We are 11-1 in the Achiuwa era!

KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

1/27/2024  12:02 PM
BingBong wrote:I'm actually surprised at how well Precious Achiuwa has played, and he is a definite improvement over Hart in backing up Randle. Hart belongs on the smaller side of the court IMO. A solid backup to Randle is a damn good thing, and we haven't had a real option there since losing Obi. That little pickup in the trade was little more than a sidenote in the news, but I'm sure Thibs was all in for him being thrown into the deal. I imagine that Thibs even demanded it.

You sound very reasonable for someone named “BingBong!” Thank you for spelling out what I was implying. Two things I will amplify here - he gives us depth at the 5 when Mitch and Hart are out and also at the 4 where we devoted a long thread to that concern. Most importantly, he has been on an upward arc since coming here - no need to derail that train prematurely.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/27/2024  12:09 PM
KnickDanger wrote:

You sound very reasonable for someone named “BingBong!” Thank you for spelling out what I was implying. Two things I will amplify here - he gives us depth at the 5 when Mitch and Hart are out and also at the 4 where we devoted a long thread to that concern. Most importantly, he has been on an upward arc since coming here - no need to derail that train prematurely.

He aight in limited minutes. But his salary is the biggest thing I'm interested in.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BingBong
Member: #9036

1/27/2024  12:37 PM
KnickDanger wrote:

Yeah, my message board name is goofy. I hate coming up with a name for a board and since bing bong was all the rage back then when I joined, I just grabbed it. Haven't been on the board in over a year though, but have followed the Knicks with a passion.

As for Achiuwa, I'm actually surprised we were even able to get him. And he went so far under the radar at the time of the trade, as well he should have since OG was the headline. But he's young and very motivated now, and playing on the court he dreamed about since a little kid. He just needs to learn how the team works in tandem with each other. His best days are ahead of him for sure. Hell, he's younger than one of my grandsons, who I still can only see him as a "wet behind the ears kid".

As far as a trade goes, I'm a little nervous, as we seem to have found an ideal chemistry as is. Whatever move is made, getting and keeping the ever elusive chemistry between the players is more important than feeding a superstar the ball. Five players working as one can almost always take down a team relying on their superstar. Once Mitch is back, he's one more piece of the puzzle we haven't gotten to see with OG on board. That leaves the second team with Deuce, Grimes, Hart, Achiuwa, and iHart...which is a damn good team to come off the bench. I know we're going to lose Grimes because he'll cost too much to keep (otherwise, he's ideal for the two-three spot)...dittos with iHart I'm afraid. I really want to keep Hartenstein if we can work the numbers to keep him. That might not be possible from all I've read. The only player that makes sense (assuming Grimes is part of the trade) is Brogdon who can slide right into the two spot as well as play the point if necessary. Brogdon off the bench to spell Divincenzo would not lose a step when the second team comes in. Brown would not be quite as good to trade for as he's more of a two-three player and Hart isn't going to the bench in place of Hart, leaving Brown to play the two. And if my numbers are correct, Brogdon brings more offensive firepower than Brown...albeit a little, and his defense might be a little less than Brown's defense. I guess, whatever player requires giving up the least amount of assets is the better deal. And keeping Grimes to the end of the season does not hurt the team at all.

I don't know. I have quite a bit of faith in Thibs and the front office to make the right decision if they do decide to make a trade. So far, Thibs has kept to the script and not trading away the future for an elderly superstar like the days of old. He's on the right track and is borderline genius so far.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/27/2024  12:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2024  12:47 PM
BingBong wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

Yeah, my message board name is goofy. I hate coming up with a name for a board and since bing bong was all the rage back then when I joined, I just grabbed it. Haven't been on the board in over a year though, but have followed the Knicks with a passion.

As for Achiuwa, I'm actually surprised we were even able to get him. And he went so far under the radar at the time of the trade, as well he should have since OG was the headline. But he's young and very motivated now, and playing on the court he dreamed about since a little kid. He just needs to learn how the team works in tandem with each other. His best days are ahead of him for sure. Hell, he's younger than one of my grandsons, who I still can only see him as a "wet behind the ears kid".

As far as a trade goes, I'm a little nervous, as we seem to have found an ideal chemistry as is. Whatever move is made, getting and keeping the ever elusive chemistry between the players is more important than feeding a superstar the ball. Five players working as one can almost always take down a team relying on their superstar. Once Mitch is back, he's one more piece of the puzzle we haven't gotten to see with OG on board. That leaves the second team with Deuce, Grimes, Hart, Achiuwa, and iHart...which is a damn good team to come off the bench. I know we're going to lose Grimes because he'll cost too much to keep (otherwise, he's ideal for the two-three spot)...dittos with iHart I'm afraid. I really want to keep Hartenstein if we can work the numbers to keep him. That might not be possible from all I've read. The only player that makes sense (assuming Grimes is part of the trade) is Brogdon who can slide right into the two spot as well as play the point if necessary. Brogdon off the bench to spell Divincenzo would not lose a step when the second team comes in. Brown would not be quite as good to trade for as he's more of a two-three player and Hart isn't going to the bench in place of Hart, leaving Brown to play the two. And if my numbers are correct, Brogdon brings more offensive firepower than Brown...albeit a little, and his defense might be a little less than Brown's defense. I guess, whatever player requires giving up the least amount of assets is the better deal. And keeping Grimes to the end of the season does not hurt the team at all.

I don't know. I have quite a bit of faith in Thibs and the front office to make the right decision if they do decide to make a trade. So far, Thibs has kept to the script and not trading away the future for an elderly superstar like the days of old. He's on the right track and is borderline genius so far.

Pretty much in agreement with all your points. Wary of a trade that would disrupt what we have but also trusting the brain trust. After years of media and fans clamoring to get “the star,” perhaps there is enough goodwill to stay the course. Would we be better served to allow Deuce, Grimes, Precious, Sims to develop as a bench unit rather than jettisoning or demoting? And I agree on respecting Thibs’ ability to manage that. More will be revealed.

And by all means come and post - a larger gene pool is a healthy one!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/27/2024  1:14 PM

Mr Bing MF bong

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
1/27/2024  2:21 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

They cannot be aggregated in a multiplayer trade but can be traded 1 on 1. So a Malachi Flynn for Sadiq Bey positional need swap would work.

This is the Randle.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/30/2024  11:32 PM
Wouldn't now be a good time to see what Rokas can bring in a floor general role off the bench?
If he's capable great! Then all I want is a back big that can shoot. And I'm done
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

1/31/2024  12:19 AM
Im intrigued by the idea of swapping Grimes with Tari. Maybe Lowrey might be bought out and the knicks can grab him. I think that can be a roster that can make noise in the playoffs!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/31/2024  6:37 AM
Panos wrote:Wouldn't now be a good time to see what Rokas can bring in a floor general role off the bench?
If he's capable great! Then all I want is a back big that can shoot. And I'm done

Going by YouTube, he never misses and makes the best passes ever.

But he’s prob under contract til his buyout after season

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

1/31/2024  7:21 AM
With Precious'a precious performance coming off the bench and now starting has made the Knicks not needing anything to do before February 8the deadline. Just using Evan's salary slot as space for resigning Precious and OG.
EwingsGlass
USA
1/31/2024  8:25 AM
gradyandrew wrote:With Precious'a precious performance coming off the bench and now starting has made the Knicks not needing anything to do before February 8the deadline. Just using Evan's salary slot as space for resigning Precious and OG.

While I hear you, you have bird rights on both Precious and Anunoby. Early bird on iHart. You don’t actually need the cap space to sign either and to go over 14mm for Hart you would need to renounce both. Ergo, we may lose Hart solely to economics if he gets an offer over 14mm. Have to assume he is gone, but we have to play out the season with him.

Best move is to use one of this year’s picks to move Fournier for a functional asset. He will become a problem on the bench soon.

I’m enjoying Precious though. Big upside in my opinion. 5 years 45mm. Taj 2.0.

Would do that Eason for Grimes deal though not sure how much longer Eason is out for. Straight up.

This is the Randle.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/31/2024  8:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2024  8:45 AM
PRedictions? Windy and collective this morning talk alot about knicks and Cavs who are both doing super well.
Not finished it but that they are like 14-4 without mobley and Garland and playing great defense is the subject.
They think Knicks don’t spend much on a rental. They discuss the EF salary slot and how it could get picked up for next year and used if desired. We not the only team with picks and with Thunder are in a great situation “winning” with all that capital.
The really give Team credit for Randle, Brunson, Ihart and DDV signings and “very methodical” in doing so without the big premature grab as we did “for a generation”. The won’t use “Starphuch”. That takes time. LOL.

THat NOla and Houstan are on the rise with the picks they have are telling.

We are down three starters and blowing out under .500 teams. This is not a bad thing BTW, its quite good.
Fans reaction to injuries is to fix it with trades but we patch it with depth. I don’t expect we stay at this level BTW. Our guys will get tired and if more injuries happen we start to get the talent squeeze. Trades take time to acclimate new players TRADITIONALLY. OG has fit in day one and precius needed only a few games after a slow start.
Leon won’t over pay. THat I can predict. Will everything turn to gold as it has?

EwingsGlass
USA
1/31/2024  8:53 AM
Nalod wrote:PRedictions? Windy and collective this morning talk alot about knicks and Cavs who are both doing super well.
Not finished it but that they are like 14-4 without mobley and Garland and playing great defense is the subject.
They think Knicks don’t spend much on a rental. They discuss the EF salary slot and how it could get picked up for next year and used if desired. We not the only team with picks and with Thunder are in a great situation “winning” with all that capital.
The really give Team credit for Randle, Brunson, Ihart and DDV signings and “very methodical” in doing so without the big premature grab as we did “for a generation”. The won’t use “Starphuch”. That takes time. LOL.

THat NOla and Houstan are on the rise with the picks they have are telling.

We are down three starters and blowing out under .500 teams. This is not a bad thing BTW, its quite good.
Fans reaction to injuries is to fix it with trades but we patch it with depth. I don’t expect we stay at this level BTW. Our guys will get tired and if more injuries happen we start to get the talent squeeze. Trades take time to acclimate new players TRADITIONALLY. OG has fit in day one and precius needed only a few games after a slow start.
Leon won’t over pay. THat I can predict. Will everything turn to gold as it has?

The stream of consciousness writing style is harder to follow this morning. This one is a gem.

This is the Randle.
DLeethal
Member: #9126

1/31/2024  8:55 AM
Burks or Brogdon. But at this point I'd probably err against trading Grimes just yet and just adding a guy we can get for a pick or 2. Just keep the team together for now, never know when injuries will hit and if guys get their minutes cut so be it. There will be a time when they are all needed. I think we are showing we have guys who can fill in for Randle, especially when OG is healthy, but we don't have enough ball handlers behind Brunson. Burks and Brogdon both help there.
DLeethal
Member: #9126

1/31/2024  8:57 AM
Grimes has been a part of this defensive resurgence, no denying that. But we still need a ball handler / scorer with the reserves and Brunson insurance.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/31/2024  9:08 AM
DLeethal wrote:Grimes has been a part of this defensive resurgence, no denying that. But we still need a ball handler / scorer with the reserves and Brunson insurance.

These last 2 games Hart has acted as the ball handler, has done a pretty solid job producing 17ast.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Trade deadline predictions (deadline: Thursday, Feb 8 at 3 pm ET)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy