[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade deadline predictions (deadline: Thursday, Feb 8 at 3 pm ET)
Author Thread
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

1/24/2024  8:11 PM
On the record predictions. For me I feel Leon is shopping not looking for a deal but for a steal, while other teams want to charge the Knicks a tax. I think the team will bring in Brogdon or Alec Burks. If not both Burks and Brogdon.
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/24/2024  8:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2024  8:29 PM
I'd be happy with Burks. Would probably be the easiest player to plug into the rotation. And the least expensive. The FO has done a good job of not overpaying for talent. Burks is my guess unless Landry lowers his asking price for Murray.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/24/2024  11:14 PM
Jordan Clarkson would be nice
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
1/25/2024  7:36 AM
Bojan - Fournier, 2 2nds, Dallas first
Lowry - buyout

I think that puts us in the Finals if we can get MROB back.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/25/2024  7:47 AM
All I need is a serviceable contract in the 18-25mm range that goes past 23-24. Keep or increase your trading position with Fournier for a player that use rotation worthy. Can be more than one player. Utah appears to be the player broker right now, taking over OKC’s position.

They have several. But I would be measuring contract value as much as player value. Basically looking for a team that needs to didn’t good contracts to save money. ATL, NOP, Portland (if they had any good contracts), Charlotte, Memphis, Det, and GSW probably do have to dump contracts. Brooklyn should be scared cause if they don’t perform, their ticket holders disappear fast. At risk of this happening. So they may need to embrace the rebuild, cut salary and collect picks to reload.

So, holding out for Mikal. But, most likely taking back about 25mm worth of pieces from Utah and Ainge gets vig.

This is the Randle.
Alpha1971

1/25/2024  7:52 AM
MS wrote:Bojan - Fournier, 2 2nds, Dallas first
Lowry - buyout

I think that puts us in the Finals if we can get MROB back.

That same deal can include Burks if we add a small contract.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/25/2024  7:53 AM
Brogdon or Bruce brown for Fournier and either grimes or a first round pick.

Darkhorse for me is Fournier, grimes and Detroit’s first round pick back for Bojan.

MS
Member: #724
1/25/2024  8:05 AM
Grimes is in a funk, but he can still defend better than just about any guard out there. We will need him on Maxey, Brown, Butler. I wouldn’t be in rush to give him away. If you put him with Joker he’s confidence is through the roof and his value is high. Brown is solid but redundant, his shooting numbers aren’t good this year and that’s with Haliburton.

Scoring is going to be the biggest issues when they shut down Randle we need someone to carry the load.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
1/25/2024  9:12 AM
Trade for Burks and sign Lowry and maybe Hayward if he's bought out. I think there will be too much competition for Murray and Brogdon and the price will become too rich for Leon.
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

1/25/2024  9:27 AM
Grab Burks...but keep the powder dry for the big move next off season. If this team can party crash the ECF and be competitive...it will mark our return to contention and we'll finally attract the superstar who will get us over the top.

It feels so close fellas...can almost reach out a grab it.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/25/2024  9:44 AM
Brogdon seems to be the perfect fit to me, but Burks might be the most attainable. Then again, Detroit seems to want to stockpile veterans instead of unload them.

I do think we need something to fortify the bench scoring. AT full strength, it may not move the needle much, but we have 38 more games and its an inevitability that Brunson and Randle may have to miss a few, and when one goes down, there just isn't enough scoring and shot creation.

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

1/25/2024  10:44 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:All I need is a serviceable contract in the 18-25mm range that goes past 23-24. Keep or increase your trading position with Fournier for a player that use rotation worthy. Can be more than one player. Utah appears to be the player broker right now, taking over OKC’s position.

They have several. But I would be measuring contract value as much as player value. Basically looking for a team that needs to didn’t good contracts to save money. ATL, NOP, Portland (if they had any good contracts), Charlotte, Memphis, Det, and GSW probably do have to dump contracts. Brooklyn should be scared cause if they don’t perform, their ticket holders disappear fast. At risk of this happening. So they may need to embrace the rebuild, cut salary and collect picks to reload.

So, holding out for Mikal. But, most likely taking back about 25mm worth of pieces from Utah and Ainge gets vig.

You keep making the point about rolling over EF's contract which I think is really spot on and not something I considered before. I just did some back of the envelope numbers at Spotrac and the Knicks have about 107 in salary committed to Randle Brunson Hart DDV MRob Deuce Grimes and Sims. The 10 million cap hold for I Hart also makes sense to keep since his next contract will likely exceed that. The new second apron us projected at 190 million, so the Knicks will have about 80 million to play with next offseason.

This is where the upside of dealing RJ and IQ really stands out. Getting out of RJs deal and not worrying about losing IQ gives the Knicks a lot more flexibility going forward. I think Jerami Grant is a good comparison for OG so let's pencil in his new deal at 30 million and then 15 for iHart. Precious has an 11 million cap hold that seems more than what his next contract will be. That gives the Knicks something like 30 million in space for player or players X considering cap holds and potential draft picks.

I'd definitely let Brooklyn know that the Knicks will sell the farm for Mikal but I don't see it happening. The owner doesn't seem like he is a tanker. It looks like they will need to just wait until Simmons contract finishes in 25 and then make a big free agent splash to reset the the team around Cam Johnson and Bridges.

The biggest problem I keep coming back to is need. The Knicks have been on tear since the OG trade and still have 8 of the next 9 at home. I just don't think there's enough info out there until after the weekends slate of Denver and Miami to consider making a trade. After Miami there are 5 days before the Knicks play the Pacers. Those games will be good measuring sticks for what if any deals the Knicks need to make.

PassTheBall
Member: #5872
Norway
1/26/2024  5:31 AM
5 days is a long time. Could be great to make the trade then so the new player can get some practice with the team before going against the revamped pacers.
/PassTheBall
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

1/26/2024  6:24 AM
PassTheBall wrote:5 days is a long time. Could be great to make the trade then so the new player can get some practice with the team before going against the revamped pacers.

I left off Tuesday's game vs Utah. I assumed they were still western bottom feeders- actually no, they have been good

MaddogSharp
Member: #9030

1/26/2024  9:28 AM
Could use some more offense off the bench but other than that this team is rolling and don’t want t to disturb the chemistry. OG really made this team more dangerous. We have offense with Brunson and Randle but OG’s defense has given us a different/better element plus he throws in offense as well
Alpha1971

1/26/2024  7:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2024  9:54 AM
What actually would be the trade for Burks be ? Our TPE won't work with a pick, three team small trade or do we trade Evan for Burke and Bog or an other player ?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/26/2024  8:04 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:What actually would be the trade for Burks be ? Our TPE won't work with a pick, three team small trade or do we trade Evan for Burke and Bog or an other player ?

Precious and Flynn work on the ESPN trade machine.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/26/2024  8:18 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:What actually would be the trade for Burks be ? Our TPE won't work with a pick, three team small trade or do we trade Evan for Burke and Bog or an other player ?

I know we're just shooting the s#!t here, but Precious if not precious is at least pretty darn valuable at the moment in terms of big man depth.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/26/2024  9:25 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I know we're just shooting the s#!t here, but Precious if not precious is at least pretty darn valuable at the moment in terms of big man depth.

Mitch coming back soon. We now have Sims back. I'm good with trading Precious if they have to.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Alpha1971

1/26/2024  11:12 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Mitch coming back soon. We now have Sims back. I'm good with trading Precious if they have to.

Precious can't be traded at this time, neither can Malachi

Trade deadline predictions (deadline: Thursday, Feb 8 at 3 pm ET)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy