[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Would you eat Ben Simmons contract to secure Mikal Bridges?
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/1/2024  5:33 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:At this point, I think I would eat anything if it meant the Knicks avoided Simmons at all costs

Load and clear buddy, we hear you. Also, kudos and thanks for the sacrifice.

Need the name, for research purposes.

You are welcome, researcher. Get your PhD level research on

https://www.instagram.com/dayneboard/?hl=en

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/1/2024  6:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2024  6:17 PM
martin wrote:

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
USA
2/1/2024  6:20 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

Wait, you my Asian brother? Cause I thought you were my brotha brother

martin
USA
2/1/2024  6:44 PM
This reasoning speaks to me, let’s hope Brooklyn thinks the same

newyorknewyork
2/1/2024  6:44 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

My Mother's from Ghana Africa, my Father's from South Carolina. My Pop a black man with real light skin. My last name is Irish tho.

The kids visual representation of the joy inside while doing the um "research".

martin
USA
2/1/2024  6:55 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

My Mother's from Ghana Africa, my Father's from South Carolina. My Pop a black man with real light skin. My last name is Irish tho.

I was joking

If I recall correctly, we have met. One of the get together games, possibly the BRIGGS ticket purchase game, think you sat behind me.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/1/2024  7:09 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:At this point, I think I would eat anything if it meant the Knicks avoided Simmons at all costs

Strangely, there are a long line of researches working on that very engaging research project. Heads down and we haven't heard from those guys in years, still working on the problem. I guess.

She my new Rebecca and Tina before her.

There are somethings I would eat without asking anything in return...
Also, hate to break to you...

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
2/1/2024  7:11 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

Strangely, there are a long line of researches working on that very engaging research project. Heads down and we haven't heard from those guys in years, still working on the problem. I guess.

I need to punch a fool through the interwebs

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/1/2024  7:21 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

C'mon man. You know what'll cheer you up? How about another one of those Mikal Bridges trade proposals?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
2/1/2024  7:42 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

C'mon man. You know what'll cheer you up? How about another one of those Mikal Bridges trade proposals?

IM ALL OVER IT

THANKS

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/1/2024  8:06 PM
FYI I don't know if it was mentioned but Brooklyn turned down getting multiple of it's own picks back for Bridges
~You can't run from who you are.~
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/1/2024  9:13 PM
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

A Lavine for Green makes sense for both parties.

What type of team is Houston trying to build?

They got tough minded FA’s in FVV, Dillon Brooks. Feel like they may head in the smash mouth, tough dudes that their coach likes? I don’t know

But if they got LaVine at deep discount, they may do that

Mentioned how weird their rebuild has gone.
Thought they were committing to rebuilding the right way.
Develope the youngins and add value deals.
They then pay FVV $45Mil.
Add Brooks. Maybe value deal?
Now looking to "Win Now".
Seems less patient than what the Knicks have done?

I will answer your question by letting you know that your assumption of building the "right way" is 100% incorrect way to state what you want to state in the way you have stated it.

When you are developing a team, you need high talent young players, but by know we must also realize that it takes some heady vets to make those young guys thrive and develop, KINDA EXACTLY WHAT THE KNICKS DID.

Jalen Green, Amen Thompson, Jabari Smith, Alperen Şengün, Tari Eason, Cam Whitmore.... THOSE ARE ALREADY YOUR YOUNG TALENT.

They have a million Broolkyn picks as their assets. But they do not have enough experience yet.

They are NOW committed to putting the necessary experienced players around those young, high talent guys (and maybe subtract and consolidate some overlap talent cause you know you gotta give RJ, IQ to get OG).

That is not Win Now. That is growth by putting pieces in place whereby you can win the right way, instead of on just young, unpolished talent alone. Cause that is EXTREMELY hard and takes a long time and if it takes a long time than FO and coaching staff are on the hot seat. They just committed to coach and direction that has more wins. FVV, Dillon Brooks, etc.

Good points. Some as stated, I would agree with.

Commented difference is, imo, the Knicks have not paid anyone what Rockets paid FVV for " experienced players".
Sengun is now where exactly with Adams trade?
Knicks had youngins. RJ, IQ, Grimes, MR. Added value deals in JR and JB.
Added glue pieces and identity players slowly at reasonable rates.
Seems slightly different than what Rocket are/have done.
Rockets maybe a slightly higher tick in urgency than Rose.
Guess the move that propels my distinction is the FVV signing specifically.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/1/2024  9:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2024  9:18 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:Knicks: Mikal, Tari Eason, Oldapido, Jake Langdon (last 2 salary filler). They get their guy and more bench (Alpha gets his wet dream on)

Houston: Grimes, Mitch, Dorian Finley Smith, some Knicks picks. Vets they desire.

Brooklyn: Jalen Green, Amen Thompson, Fournier, Brooklyn picks back, NY picks. Young guys to tank with.

You get the gist.

Ok. Not to turn this into a “Trade Randle” thread. But hear me out. Send the Houston kids home. Everybody is happy.

Houston gets
Randle
Grimes
2 #1 picks from NYK

Brooklyn gets
Jalen Green
Jabari Smith
2 Nets picks back from Houston

NY gets
Mikal Bridges
Tari Eason

Add filler as needed, but it’s close without.

Brunson / McBride
Bridges / DDV
Anunoby / Hart
Eason / Achiuwa
Hartenstein / Robinson /Sims

Still have room to seal a bit.

So you're trading Randle and 2 firsts for Bridges
and Grimes for Eeason?
And counting on Eason as your number one PF in a chip team?

The “counting on Eason as the number one PF on a chip team” is probably an overstatement but otherwise yes. I am certainly buying Tari Eason’s upside, effort and positional size versus Grimes. Without disrespect to Grimes at all, it’s just a function of positional need. I am trading for elite effort and off the ball movement at the PF. He has stated he kind of likes coming off the bench, so I am not sure he is starting lineup overall, but that lineup around Brunson is probably the most effort any team cut out on any floor ever. Measure it in terms of effort more than anything else.

Now, I am open to your opinion on Tari Eason. I ****ing love this kid. Tell me what you like or don’t like about him. His other metrics are “meh” right now. I’m kind of buying upside here. He’s like the PF version of Grimes with better positional size and biometrics.

The thing about Tari is that he shoots 3s best from the top right of the court. Exactly where the Knicks (and Randle) is the worst. So, he actually brings symmetry to spreading the floor for Brunson, Bridges and Anunoby. And he moves really well without the ball. Something Randle does not do.

Mikal vs Randle is just a gotta give to get model. Many won’t or don’t like it. DDV is more than holding his own in the starting lineup such that the need isn’t really there. Tari kind of adds passing lane disruption that DDV brings, while Mikal brings a second point of attack defender. This is less likely to happen.

You lose Randle’s passing and rebounding. Something I try and make up with Hartenstein as the starting C. But I see this as a 4-1 motion offense with Hart at the pivot.

Guess we disagree on value of Bridges vs Randle. And value of Devo.
Imo, Randle is a three time All Star, Eeason is a young question mark.
Devo has done as well as can be expected since inserted in the SL. Don't see Bridge coming in and doing much better without disturbing JB's and JR's flow. As did RJ.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
newyorknewyork
2/2/2024  8:18 AM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

I was joking

If I recall correctly, we have met. One of the get together games, possibly the BRIGGS ticket purchase game, think you sat behind me.

Yea that's right we did meet. Was a DJ organized function. My bros made us like 3 hours late so missed the pre game dinner for formally meet everyone. Showed up at halftime to Knicks getting stomped out by like 60pts vs the KG lead Wolves. Was able to meet you, DJ, & TMS. Enyspree was chatting it up with 2 ladies so left him alone and didn't formally meet him.

Wish I was able to make the pre game.

newyorknewyork
2/2/2024  8:30 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:Knicks: Mikal, Tari Eason, Oldapido, Jake Langdon (last 2 salary filler). They get their guy and more bench (Alpha gets his wet dream on)

Houston: Grimes, Mitch, Dorian Finley Smith, some Knicks picks. Vets they desire.

Brooklyn: Jalen Green, Amen Thompson, Fournier, Brooklyn picks back, NY picks. Young guys to tank with.

You get the gist.

Ok. Not to turn this into a “Trade Randle” thread. But hear me out. Send the Houston kids home. Everybody is happy.

Houston gets
Randle
Grimes
2 #1 picks from NYK

Brooklyn gets
Jalen Green
Jabari Smith
2 Nets picks back from Houston

NY gets
Mikal Bridges
Tari Eason

Add filler as needed, but it’s close without.

Brunson / McBride
Bridges / DDV
Anunoby / Hart
Eason / Achiuwa
Hartenstein / Robinson /Sims

Still have room to seal a bit.

So you're trading Randle and 2 firsts for Bridges
and Grimes for Eeason?
And counting on Eason as your number one PF in a chip team?

The “counting on Eason as the number one PF on a chip team” is probably an overstatement but otherwise yes. I am certainly buying Tari Eason’s upside, effort and positional size versus Grimes. Without disrespect to Grimes at all, it’s just a function of positional need. I am trading for elite effort and off the ball movement at the PF. He has stated he kind of likes coming off the bench, so I am not sure he is starting lineup overall, but that lineup around Brunson is probably the most effort any team cut out on any floor ever. Measure it in terms of effort more than anything else.

Now, I am open to your opinion on Tari Eason. I ****ing love this kid. Tell me what you like or don’t like about him. His other metrics are “meh” right now. I’m kind of buying upside here. He’s like the PF version of Grimes with better positional size and biometrics.

The thing about Tari is that he shoots 3s best from the top right of the court. Exactly where the Knicks (and Randle) is the worst. So, he actually brings symmetry to spreading the floor for Brunson, Bridges and Anunoby. And he moves really well without the ball. Something Randle does not do.

Mikal vs Randle is just a gotta give to get model. Many won’t or don’t like it. DDV is more than holding his own in the starting lineup such that the need isn’t really there. Tari kind of adds passing lane disruption that DDV brings, while Mikal brings a second point of attack defender. This is less likely to happen.

You lose Randle’s passing and rebounding. Something I try and make up with Hartenstein as the starting C. But I see this as a 4-1 motion offense with Hart at the pivot.

Guess we disagree on value of Bridges vs Randle. And value of Devo.
Imo, Randle is a three time All Star, Eeason is a young question mark.
Devo has done as well as can be expected since inserted in the SL. Don't see Bridge coming in and doing much better without disturbing JB's and JR's flow. As did RJ.

Mikal is a different player than RJ. Mikal came in the league as a 3&D player who developed his on ball shot creation ability over these years. RJ came in the league as an on ball scorer/passer who still needs to develop more consistent outside shooting. Mikal defensively can guard 1-4. RJ is inconsistent defensively.

Mikal can easily play and excel with a 3&D role with the starting unit which RJ struggled with. And be featured scorer when Brunson & Randle rest. He isn't a player who needs to be ball dominant to be effective and produce like RJ. Not sure why you view him this way. Him developing his shot creation ability is actually the bigger surprise.

He already has chemistry with Brunson, DDV, & Hart. They already know each others games.

martin
USA
2/2/2024  9:38 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

I was joking

Yea that's right we did meet. Was a DJ organized function. My bros made us like 3 hours late so missed the pre game dinner for formally meet everyone. Showed up at halftime to Knicks getting stomped out by like 60pts vs the KG lead Wolves. Was able to meet you, DJ, & TMS. Enyspree was chatting it up with 2 ladies so left him alone and didn't formally meet him.

Classic Eny.

I recall you having someone with you and forgot it was your bro. Good times and glad to have met.

newyorknewyork
2/2/2024  9:40 AM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

I was joking

Classic Eny.

I recall you having someone with you and forgot it was your bro. Good times and glad to have met.

I brought three of them, why we were late smh.

martin
USA
2/7/2024  10:58 AM
The Nets are this embarrassing. Mikal should just throw down and let them know he is going to peace out and they better move him anywhere else, get that ball rolling.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/7/2024  3:25 PM
Bridges........

Young man is the face of a faceless franchise. While they are listless and without a clear path he is a piece to build with. How? Phuck if I know.
Not a free agent for another year and a half. Can he do the "I want out"?
Or "I want extension now please.....".
Winning is nice, but so is multigenerational wealth.
He could get traded to a team that wants to win now, and have no money later.
Lets stop pretending we know how he feels. We don't. And I don't see a path for him other than knick fans and Villanova fans.
its a nice thought.

DM: I can see him moved but if path is here or BKN its a three way. Certainly not this week. They in as much as we are!
They would want a starter to pair with Garland. This is predicated on him not extending and pinky swearing he is going to be a free agent.
So what would Cavs want? PIcks? Not really if they still think they can win. They want to get better.
How they do that and we do too? DM for Evan, Grimes, and picks don't make them better. OKC got lots to offer, but DM wants to go east, not south west.
Is he the missing piece?

Liked reading what Im sure many teams do and knicks are now doing it: Brainstorming with trade partners and not trying to rape them. Im sure its not unique to knicks but I gather Danny Ainge is not this kind of guy. If Knicks can help themselves and Cav's its a win win. Knicks got what they wanted and presented a vision in concert perhaps with Toronto so they felt good about the trade and their future. Other teams wanted OG but knicks got it done. Could have been with a deadline too. They did not wait until Toronto could get a trade deadline bidding war going.

If Knicks are to succeed in getting Bridges or DM Nets and Cav's have to succeed as well.
We fans would like them but does our FO? Is the cost to high?
I'd be curious to know what our FO thinks our true window is?

martin
USA
2/8/2024  5:06 PM
Mostly I just wanted to post Dayna again

Would you eat Ben Simmons contract to secure Mikal Bridges?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy