[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Would you eat Ben Simmons contract to secure Mikal Bridges?
Author Thread
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

1/31/2024  8:31 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Also, if the current starting lineup can get to the ECF (with some bench help), I think we'll have our best chance of attracting elite players who have snubbed the Knicks for decades.

Because they wanted a ring, more than the $$$. Not that they didnt want to get paid. Superstars didnt want to have the kind of career Melo had with the Knicks. Nice stats, but not much else.

A deep playoff run with the current starting lineup could break the dam. The offseason would become very interesting.

This roster is going to get attention from top tier Vet min players next season.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/31/2024  8:54 PM
martin wrote:

A Lavine for Green makes sense for both parties.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/31/2024  9:01 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

Green is interesting. Not sure if he has it, though. He has the athleticism to be elite in the league. Not sure if he has the head. Don’t know him well enough to make that judgment. I was impressed by his speed and quickness when we played them. Not so impressed with his shot selection, or shooting skill generally. I’m probably a pass, but could see myself regretting that later.

That said, if they offered up green, filler and picks for Bridges and Brooklyn said “No”, they ain’t taking anything we have.

This is the Randle.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/31/2024  9:04 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

What type of team is Houston trying to build?

They got tough minded FA’s in FVV, Dillon Brooks. Feel like they may head in the smash mouth, tough dudes that their coach likes? I don’t know

But if they got LaVine at deep discount, they may do that

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EwingsGlass
USA
1/31/2024  9:16 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

They got tough minded FA’s in FVV, Dillon Brooks. Feel like they may head in the smash mouth, tough dudes that their coach likes? I don’t know

Thompson, Whitmore, Sengun and Eason are guys that intrigue me on that roster. Eason seems like the best current fit for us. Love me some Tari. Love his effort. Huge motor.

This is the Randle.
EwingsGlass
USA
1/31/2024  10:01 PM
martin wrote:Knicks: Mikal, Tari Eason, Oldapido, Jake Langdon (last 2 salary filler). They get their guy and more bench (Alpha gets his wet dream on)

Houston: Grimes, Mitch, Dorian Finley Smith, some Knicks picks. Vets they desire.

Brooklyn: Jalen Green, Amen Thompson, Fournier, Brooklyn picks back, NY picks. Young guys to tank with.

You get the gist.

Ok. Not to turn this into a “Trade Randle” thread. But hear me out. Send the Houston kids home. Everybody is happy.

Houston gets
Randle
Grimes
2 #1 picks from NYK

Brooklyn gets
Jalen Green
Jabari Smith
2 Nets picks back from Houston

NY gets
Mikal Bridges
Tari Eason

Add filler as needed, but it’s close without.

Brunson / McBride
Bridges / DDV
Anunoby / Hart
Eason / Achiuwa
Hartenstein / Robinson /Sims

Still have room to seal a bit.

This is the Randle.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/1/2024  7:34 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

There goes your Eeason thread.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

2/1/2024  7:42 AM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

Mentioned how weird their rebuild has gone.
Thought they were committing to rebuilding the right way.
Develope the youngins and add value deals.
They then pay FVV $45Mil.
Add Brooks. Maybe value deal?
Now looking to "Win Now".
Seems less patient than what the Knicks have done?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

2/1/2024  7:45 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:Knicks: Mikal, Tari Eason, Oldapido, Jake Langdon (last 2 salary filler). They get their guy and more bench (Alpha gets his wet dream on)

Houston: Grimes, Mitch, Dorian Finley Smith, some Knicks picks. Vets they desire.

Brooklyn: Jalen Green, Amen Thompson, Fournier, Brooklyn picks back, NY picks. Young guys to tank with.

You get the gist.

Ok. Not to turn this into a “Trade Randle” thread. But hear me out. Send the Houston kids home. Everybody is happy.

Houston gets
Randle
Grimes
2 #1 picks from NYK

Brooklyn gets
Jalen Green
Jabari Smith

NY gets
Mikal Bridges
Tari Eason

Brunson / McBride
Bridges / DDV
Anunoby / Hart
Eason / Achiuwa

So you're trading Randle and 2 firsts for Bridges
and Grimes for Eeason?
And counting on Eason as your number one PF in a chip team?

newyorknewyork
2/1/2024  8:01 AM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

I believe they did so with the idea that Jalen Green would do the heavy lifting as a scorer going into his 3rd year. He is just very inefficient at it.

Lavine would fill that void for them as a way more efficient option.

Bulls can gamble on Green's long term development since they don't have any other prospects that look like long term building blocks.

EwingsGlass
USA
2/1/2024  8:31 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

You get the gist.

Houston gets
Randle
Grimes
2 #1 picks from NYK

Brooklyn gets
Jalen Green
Jabari Smith

NY gets
Mikal Bridges
Tari Eason

Brunson / McBride
Bridges / DDV
Anunoby / Hart
Eason / Achiuwa

and Grimes for Eeason?

The “counting on Eason as the number one PF on a chip team” is probably an overstatement but otherwise yes. I am certainly buying Tari Eason’s upside, effort and positional size versus Grimes. Without disrespect to Grimes at all, it’s just a function of positional need. I am trading for elite effort and off the ball movement at the PF. He has stated he kind of likes coming off the bench, so I am not sure he is starting lineup overall, but that lineup around Brunson is probably the most effort any team cut out on any floor ever. Measure it in terms of effort more than anything else.

Now, I am open to your opinion on Tari Eason. I ****ing love this kid. Tell me what you like or don’t like about him. His other metrics are “meh” right now. I’m kind of buying upside here. He’s like the PF version of Grimes with better positional size and biometrics.

The thing about Tari is that he shoots 3s best from the top right of the court. Exactly where the Knicks (and Randle) is the worst. So, he actually brings symmetry to spreading the floor for Brunson, Bridges and Anunoby. And he moves really well without the ball. Something Randle does not do.

Mikal vs Randle is just a gotta give to get model. Many won’t or don’t like it. DDV is more than holding his own in the starting lineup such that the need isn’t really there. Tari kind of adds passing lane disruption that DDV brings, while Mikal brings a second point of attack defender. This is less likely to happen.

You lose Randle’s passing and rebounding. Something I try and make up with Hartenstein as the starting C. But I see this as a 4-1 motion offense with Hart at the pivot.

This is the Randle.
martin
USA
2/1/2024  8:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2024  9:06 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

Mentioned how weird their rebuild has gone.
Thought they were committing to rebuilding the right way.
Develope the youngins and add value deals.
They then pay FVV $45Mil.
Add Brooks. Maybe value deal?
Now looking to "Win Now".
Seems less patient than what the Knicks have done?

I will answer your question by letting you know that your assumption of building the "right way" is 100% incorrect way to state what you want to state in the way you have stated it.

When you are developing a team, you need high talent young players, but by know we must also realize that it takes some heady vets to make those young guys thrive and develop, KINDA EXACTLY WHAT THE KNICKS DID.

Jalen Green, Amen Thompson, Jabari Smith, Alperen Şengün, Tari Eason, Cam Whitmore.... THOSE ARE ALREADY YOUR YOUNG TALENT.

They have a million Broolkyn picks as their assets. But they do not have enough experience yet.

They are NOW committed to putting the necessary experienced players around those young, high talent guys (and maybe subtract and consolidate some overlap talent cause you know you gotta give RJ, IQ to get OG).

That is not Win Now. That is growth by putting pieces in place whereby you can win the right way, instead of on just young, unpolished talent alone. Cause that is EXTREMELY hard and takes a long time and if it takes a long time than FO and coaching staff are on the hot seat. They just committed to coach and direction that has more wins. FVV, Dillon Brooks, etc.

newyorknewyork
2/1/2024  8:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2024  8:51 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

You get the gist.

Houston gets
Randle
Grimes
2 #1 picks from NYK

Brooklyn gets
Jalen Green
Jabari Smith

NY gets
Mikal Bridges
Tari Eason

Brunson / McBride
Bridges / DDV
Anunoby / Hart
Eason / Achiuwa

and Grimes for Eeason?

The “counting on Eason as the number one PF on a chip team” is probably an overstatement but otherwise yes. I am certainly buying Tari Eason’s upside, effort and positional size versus Grimes. Without disrespect to Grimes at all, it’s just a function of positional need. I am trading for elite effort and off the ball movement at the PF. He has stated he kind of likes coming off the bench, so I am not sure he is starting lineup overall, but that lineup around Brunson is probably the most effort any team cut out on any floor ever. Measure it in terms of effort more than anything else.

Now, I am open to your opinion on Tari Eason. I ****ing love this kid. Tell me what you like or don’t like about him. His other metrics are “meh” right now. I’m kind of buying upside here. He’s like the PF version of Grimes with better positional size and biometrics.

The thing about Tari is that he shoots 3s best from the top right of the court. Exactly where the Knicks (and Randle) is the worst. So, he actually brings symmetry to spreading the floor for Brunson, Bridges and Anunoby. And he moves really well without the ball. Something Randle does not do.

Mikal vs Randle is just a gotta give to get model. Many won’t or don’t like it. DDV is more than holding his own in the starting lineup such that the need isn’t really there. Tari kind of adds passing lane disruption that DDV brings, while Mikal brings a second point of attack defender. This is less likely to happen.

You lose Randle’s passing and rebounding. Something I try and make up with Hartenstein as the starting C. But I see this as a 4-1 motion offense with Hart at the pivot.

Don't know enough about Eason. But his per 36mins holds at 16pts, 11.5rebs, 2.3stls, 1.4blks, 36% from 3 at 3.7att, 105 Defensive rating, as a 2nd year player would be a welcome addition. I see why Knicks are said to "covet" him.

He fits Knicks culture.

MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
2/1/2024  12:17 PM
Whitmore is very interesting. He dunks as hard as anyone in the league and is kind of a beast. Grimes for Whitmore and a 2nd is pretty interesting. controlling a young player on a value contract is important.

Bridges really has to put the pressure on the Nets to move him. if it's five number 1s it's a lot but what's happiness worth to the Nova guys. Does Jalen ask for the max max if all his college buddies are here? I don't think so. 10 deep is 10 deep and everyone is young. Dolan will pay the tax, tickets will go up. That's the best team in the league, on offense and defense.

Brunson/Mcbridge
Bridges/DDV
OG/Hart
Randle/Precious
Ihart/Mitch

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/1/2024  12:20 PM
At this point, I think I would eat anything if it meant the Knicks avoided Simmons at all costs
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorknewyork
2/1/2024  12:21 PM
MS wrote:Whitmore is very interesting. He dunks as hard as anyone in the league and is kind of a beast. Grimes for Whitmore and a 2nd is pretty interesting. controlling a young player on a value contract is important.

Bridges really has to put the pressure on the Nets to move him. if it's five number 1s it's a lot but what's happiness worth to the Nova guys. Does Jalen ask for the max max if all his college buddies are here? I don't think so. 10 deep is 10 deep and everyone is young. Dolan will pay the tax, tickets will go up. That's the best team in the league, on offense and defense.

Brunson/Mcbridge
Bridges/DDV
OG/Hart
Randle/Precious
Ihart/Mitch

martin
USA
2/1/2024  12:42 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:At this point, I think I would eat anything if it meant the Knicks avoided Simmons at all costs

Load and clear buddy, we hear you. Also, kudos and thanks for the sacrifice.

newyorknewyork
2/1/2024  12:47 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:At this point, I think I would eat anything if it meant the Knicks avoided Simmons at all costs

Need the name, for research purposes.

martin
USA
2/1/2024  12:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2024  12:51 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

Need the name, for research purposes.

Strangely, there are a long line of researches working on that very engaging research project. Heads down and we haven't heard from those guys in years, still working on the problem. I guess.

She my new Rebecca and Tina before her.

newyorknewyork
2/1/2024  1:01 PM
I got the deal!

Knicks trade Mitch, Grimes, Fournier, Knicks 2024 1st, Mavs 2024, Bucks 2025 1st, Knicks 2026 1st, Knicks 2028 first.
Nets trade Mikal, Simmons
Wizards trade: Tyrus Jones, Shamet, Wright

Knicks rec: Mikal Bridges
Nets rec: Mitch, Grimes, Fournier, Jones, Shamet, Wright, Mavs 2024 first, Bucks 2025 first.
Wizards rec: Simmmons, Knicks 2024 1st, Knicks 2026 1st, Knicks 2028 first.

Dumping Simmons contract and obtaining 2 first is an offer Nets can't refuse right?
Wizards have a draft pick mandate by the owner. They land 3 future first for eating Simmons contract at the cost of Tyrus.
They could move Kuzma for more first.

Would you eat Ben Simmons contract to secure Mikal Bridges?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy