[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Would you eat Ben Simmons contract to secure Mikal Bridges?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/29/2024  5:32 PM
Can some just be "pick swaps"?

one might have to look at this vs other trades but 5picks is like superstar currancy?
Perhaps there is a precedence of what Marks offers to compare? Sort of "sell it to fans" in a way?
I get his talent. I get it completes the Villanova "set" but Im not quite there.

AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/29/2024  7:24 PM
martin wrote:Yes I would? Or HELL YEAH!!

Utilize the 4 2nds in 2024/25 to identify 2 players for pipeline. Trade out of the 2024 draft & 2025 draft for future first to cover the back end.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/30/2024  9:22 AM
Nalod gonna say somethings so don’t jump too soon. Before I show any Simmons love lets just say Josh Hart is a better player than Simmons……..But if you put Harts “Heart and Soul” into SImmons long body that would be one hell of a player.

Obscene as this will sound: Simmons does not get enough cred for having the defensive chops. Good defenders are not soft are they? Frankie is seen like that except by the fans that prayed for him. I did. Simmons is offensively soft which is rare.
Could he be a Thib’s kind of player though? Not on this roster as we have Josh Hart so Im not plugging and playing here on this.
His contract for next year is 40mil. Whats nuts is if we consider evan an asset with an 18mil deal, what does that contract do for you? Wow!!! Endless starphuch trade scenarios I would imagine on the UltimateNets site!!!

If he was a free agent and wanted to resurrect his career he could be a Thibs player. He has defensive chops, passes very well and can rebound. He has the skills. Does he have the “Moxie”, or mental fortitude? If being a GM is about making moves that prove well going forward then you can’t simply say “looking backwards he has been ****”. Its undeniable and easy the worst contract in the NBA since he did not dunk.

“If he wants to resurrect his career” has a lot of parts to it. Naturally his back issues would need to be past him and some good orthopedic pro’s would have to sign off on his potential to stay on the court.

Say knicks pass on him, does the Heat look at him? You know, he goes in to the vacuum of a culture and holds him to a high standard? Knick culture is kind of like this now. Thibs might not be well liked but he gets you paid and if you earn it he is loyal as **** to that player. Is that won wrong? If Spo wanted Ben Simmons it would change the narrative until he proved it on the court. If it was today he’d have to play with Jimmy Butler. Wilt under that and you might as well release him. Rise up? You have a hell of a player.

Ben Simmons won’t be a knick under his current contract. I would not take him to secure bridges becasue It has to **** up the cap somthing awful and I don’t see Bridges as that kind of star. The money makes no sense.
Ben Simmons has to prove somewhat durable for the duration of his contract then demonstrate on the court what made him an allstar. Fans don’t like him. He has to earn it back.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/30/2024  10:15 AM
I don't think the Nets are going to trade Mikal to off load Simmons- he finally played yesterday and he did well for them in their blow out of Utah. I think the Nets think they can be competitive with a healthy Simmons.

With RJ & IQ gone, I'm not sure there is a strong offer we can make for those players.

Maybe they would dump Simmons alone for Fournier and Draft Picks- and that is something of a gamble that would be worth taking a look at, but there is no way to make the money work without sending out a bunch of our players.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/30/2024  11:37 AM
I would not. I'm loving the fact that we don't have any albatross contracts on this team (EF is as good as gone). Let's keep it that way. Use salary for production, not dead weight.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/30/2024  12:22 PM
5 picks with 2 future unprotected is a lot of Mikal. Maybe its a 50-50 hit rate on rotation player, but lately we've been doing pretty well with some of these picks. I don't love the idea of giving away unprotected picks after Randle/Brunson start to come down from their primes.

That starting 5 of Brun-Mikal-OG-Randle and either Hartenstein or Mitch is a pretty complete team with significant wing and interior D/rebounding. Would be tough to beat and would match up pretty well vs. Boston given we'd have 2 strong wing defenders to throw at Tatum/Brown.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/31/2024  6:24 PM
I can see Brooklyn doing this just to spite the Knicks.🤣
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/31/2024  6:48 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:I can see Brooklyn doing this just to spite the Knicks.🤣

It’s not spite. Those are better picks than what the Knicks own. They control their destiny with those picks.

This is the Randle.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/31/2024  6:49 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:

It’s not spite. Those are better picks than what the Knicks own. They control their destiny with those picks.

The irony of this trade is that if those picks get back to them, they are literally trading Mikal away so that they can tank.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EwingsGlass
USA
1/31/2024  6:54 PM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

The irony of this trade is that if those picks get back to them, they are literally trading Mikal away so that they can tank.

There is a freedom in that though.

This is the Randle.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/31/2024  7:07 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

Gonna be wild for them to give all that up only for him to say he's not resigning.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
USA
1/31/2024  7:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2024  7:11 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

Haha true!

But it’s the kind freedom you experience while streaking during the winter: At first it’s exhilarating but very quickly you realize you have a shrinkage problem with an audience that is your fan base and you got a least mile to go down the middle of Main Street all parade style as your team tanks to actually get value from those picks LOL

Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
1/31/2024  7:10 PM
If the Rockets were willing to offer that I don't think we really have a chance at him.
martin
USA
1/31/2024  7:13 PM
Clean wrote:If the Rockets were willing to offer that I don't think we really have a chance at him.

Correct.

But if you are the Rockets, you do have to hedge some too, right?

Cause you have to ask yourself if Mikal will stay or force his way somewhere back to a situation with his Villanova bros 😏

EwingsGlass
USA
1/31/2024  7:14 PM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

Haha true!

But it’s the kind freedom you experience while streaking during the winter: At first it’s exhilarating but very quickly you realize you have a shrinkage problem with an audience that is your fan base and you got a mile to down the middle of Main Street as your team tanks to actually get value from those picks LOL

Colorful analogy and yet oddly accurate. I’d counter that if the alternative is standing at a party where everyone is having a good time, but your pants ripped embarrassingly such that everyone is staring at your twig and berries, which, even without shrinkage is decidedly average (like 9 inches), so you have the choice to act like nothing is wrong or just go with it and go full on Hulk ripping off your shirt and pants to go streaking… well, chances are you go wrap a jacket round your waist and act like nothings wrong til you can get out of there, but wouldn’t it be more exciting to just go Frank the Tank?

This is the Randle.
martin
USA
1/31/2024  7:17 PM
Clean wrote:If the Rockets were willing to offer that I don't think we really have a chance at him.

And, AND, this is the path for the Knicks to get Mikal: they need to have a 3way deal with Houston and Brooklyn.

Brooklyn gets their picks back, Knicks get Mikal, and the Knicks need to figure out what Houston wants for the Brooklyn picks they give back to Nets.

That’s how each team wins in this scenario and how it needs to play out for it to have a chance IMHO

Mikal gotta push for it though.

martin
USA
1/31/2024  7:20 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

Haha true!

But it’s the kind freedom you experience while streaking during the winter: At first it’s exhilarating but very quickly you realize you have a shrinkage problem with an audience that is your fan base and you got a mile to down the middle of Main Street as your team tanks to actually get value from those picks LOL

Colorful analogy and yet oddly accurate. I’d counter that if the alternative is standing at a party where everyone is having a good time, but your pants ripped embarrassingly such that everyone is staring at your twig and berries, which, even without shrinkage is decidedly average (like 9 inches), so you have the choice to act like nothing is wrong or just go with it and go full on Hulk ripping off your shirt and pants to go streaking… well, chances are you go wrap a jacket round your waist and act like nothings wrong til you can get out of there, but wouldn’t it be more exciting to just go Frank the Tank?

Are there skanky ho’s at this party? Cause I’m in and no one needs to do the pants ripping on me. Probably

EwingsGlass
USA
1/31/2024  7:41 PM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

Haha true!

Are there skanky ho’s at this party? Cause I’m in and no one needs to do the pants ripping on me. Probably

Yes. And Cleanthony Early is there too.

This is the Randle.
martin
USA
1/31/2024  7:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2024  7:47 PM
Knicks: Mikal, Tari Eason, Oldapido, Jake Langdon (last 2 salary filler). They get their guy and more bench (Alpha gets his wet dream on)

Houston: Grimes, Mitch, Dorian Finley Smith, some Knicks picks. Vets they desire.

Brooklyn: Jalen Green, Amen Thompson, Fournier, Brooklyn picks back, NY picks. Young guys to tank with.

You get the gist.

martin
USA
1/31/2024  8:29 PM
Would you eat Ben Simmons contract to secure Mikal Bridges?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy