[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Would you eat Ben Simmons contract to secure Mikal Bridges?
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/19/2024  1:15 PM
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Mikal is no longer needed with OG.

You were on the "don't draft Michael Jordan because Clyde Drexler was already on roster" team, weren't you?

Mikal can play SG

Nah, you just don't break the bank to put someone like Bridges in an off position. Our starting 2 needs to be able to guard PGs many nights because we don't want Brunson guarding star PGs.

I have to tell you, I don't know what you are talking about.

Mikal Bridges is a premier defender in the same way OG is but just build differently. Mikal is an all defensive team guy who can swallow PG's whole. You start OG, Mikal, Brunson and move DDV to bench.

I think trading for Mikal would have the same impact defensively as OG has had with Knicks with the added benefit of being offensively much better than OG. Not a complete offensive player by any means, but a very good one that compliments Randle/Brunson to a T.

I also don't think DLEEtha is aware of the Villanova ties. Chemistry for 4 of our main rotational players would already be set lol.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/19/2024  1:30 PM
Rookie wrote:To match salaries you would have to give up another 20M in player contracts. You would be looking at adding DDV and iHart to that deal. We have a winning team now, there is no urgency to make an in season move that leaves us even more short handed. This off season we need to bolster our bench and build some depth and youth in the pipeline. It's crazy, we finally have some success and no one will be satisfied until we hit it out of the park. Maybe enjoy having a winning team just a little after 20+ years of being a laughing stock or an organization?

Maybe a deal materializes where we add that bench player for Fournier and Grimes, but if it doesn't I'm good with rolling with what we have and picking up some bench reinforcement on the waiver wire after the trade deadline.

Ideally, the perfect fit on this team would be Anthony Edwards but that is never happening. We just don't have the expendable spare parts to deal for a star player. Picks, yes. Expiring contract yes, but only 1 young player with trade value. The rest have solidified themselves as core pieces. Maybe you add Mitch to the expendable list but he's injured.

Realgm trade checker is pretty accurate though. They account for pretty much everything. Would be surprising if they are somehow glitching on a $20mil salary discrepancy.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
TheMTL
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9140

1/19/2024  1:41 PM

OG can't guard everyone at the same time. I would still like stronger defender at the 2

TheMTL
Member: #9140

1/19/2024  1:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/19/2024  1:45 PM
Knicks will be capped out once we resign OG so Simmons contract doesn't matter and Knicks have deep pockets so I'm all for it.

Simmons contract is up next season so it becomes a huge expiring contract and great trade chip

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/19/2024  1:50 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Definitely something that would need to be done in the off season. Hard to consider trading Mitch when we don't know if iHart is coming back.

So your saying its not a deal that we should be looking to prioritize and lock in to secure him? Imo filling in that center role even if worst case we lost both(Though I don't see Hartenstein not wanting to start at center for this contending group). Is a lot easier than landing a Mikal and his skill set for this roster.

Not to mention Simmons expiring contract at $40mil could potentially net a center replacement. Especially at the trade deadline next season.

Sure, you can get a JAG to fill in at center. But not necessarily someone who blends with the current roster. But this move will likely bring the team over the first tax apron and closer to the second apron. Flipping that Simmons contract will be much harder. The team would still need to attach assets to move on from it.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/19/2024  1:51 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:
martin wrote:OK, I am going to combine 2 ideas into one and do some gonzo future predictions:

1) Knicks FO, do what you can to trade for Dejounte Murray this year.

2) Bring Dejounte off bench (cause that's a better fit for Knicks) and tell him and Rich Paul and Klutch all about inflating Dejounte's value in that particular super sized 6th man hyper defensive role and get a deep playoff run so that.....

3) ...so that in the offseason (or following season), CAA & Klutch can maneuver Dejounte to Brooklyn for Mikal Bridges so that Rich Paul can move his Klutch clients there and build something around Dejounte in Brooklyn with the notion that maybe Spida would come to the Nets when he gets to be an UFA and those 2 fit and can go bonkers in Brooklyn. Maybe even LeBron and his kid can join the fun. Brooklyn will have tons of cap space by then.

How's that for data?

I like it but Brooklyn could just trade for Murray this season if they want to.

They got like no picks to trade.

Who they trading and what is Atlanta accepting?

Didn't they get picks back from Dallas and Phoenix and their own ?

As far as I know Brooklyn received 4 FRP’s in the Durant trade

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/19/2024  1:57 PM
1) Mikal Bridges
2) Jaren Jackson

I am pretty open to any set of proposals that gets us either of these two. Murray and Anunoby were also on that list, but I can't really imagine this team without Brunson these days and I don't see Murray and Brunson fitting together better than Trae and Murray did.

Brunson/DDV
Bridges/Hart
Anunoby/
JJJ/
iHart/Robinson

Feel like this team can hang with just about anyone. Also don't mean disrespect to Randle, but I am kind of a JJJ fan.

This is the Randle.
BigDaddyG

1/19/2024  2:00 PM
Rookie wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:
martin wrote:OK, I am going to combine 2 ideas into one and do some gonzo future predictions:

2) Bring Dejounte off bench (cause that's a better fit for Knicks) and tell him and Rich Paul and Klutch all about inflating Dejounte's value in that particular super sized 6th man hyper defensive role and get a deep playoff run so that.....

3) ...so that in the offseason (or following season), CAA & Klutch can maneuver Dejounte to Brooklyn for Mikal Bridges so that Rich Paul can move his Klutch clients there and build something around Dejounte in Brooklyn with the notion that maybe Spida would come to the Nets when he gets to be an UFA and those 2 fit and can go bonkers in Brooklyn. Maybe even LeBron and his kid can join the fun. Brooklyn will have tons of cap space by then.

How's that for data?

Cam, Dinwiddie, 2-4 protected and protected firsts. Yeah, Brooklyn can get this done.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Rookie

1/19/2024  2:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/19/2024  2:16 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Rookie wrote:To match salaries you would have to give up another 20M in player contracts. You would be looking at adding DDV and iHart to that deal. We have a winning team now, there is no urgency to make an in season move that leaves us even more short handed. This off season we need to bolster our bench and build some depth and youth in the pipeline. It's crazy, we finally have some success and no one will be satisfied until we hit it out of the park. Maybe enjoy having a winning team just a little after 20+ years of being a laughing stock or an organization?

Maybe a deal materializes where we add that bench player for Fournier and Grimes, but if it doesn't I'm good with rolling with what we have and picking up some bench reinforcement on the waiver wire after the trade deadline.

Ideally, the perfect fit on this team would be Anthony Edwards but that is never happening. We just don't have the expendable spare parts to deal for a star player. Picks, yes. Expiring contract yes, but only 1 young player with trade value. The rest have solidified themselves as core pieces. Maybe you add Mitch to the expendable list but he's injured.

Realgm trade checker is pretty accurate though. They account for pretty much everything. Would be surprising if they are somehow glitching on a $20mil salary discrepancy.

Simmons 38M
Bridges 22M

Mitch 16M
Fournier 19M
Grimes 2M

Brooklyn 60M
NY 37M

23M difference. You need subtract 18,976,259 from incoming salaries or add to outgoing salaries thus DDV 11M and iHart 9M to make it work

https://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/19/2024  2:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/19/2024  2:27 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/8755663

Fournier, Mitch, Grimes for Mikal & Simmons somehow works on trade checker. Would also most likely need to add 2-3 first attached.

For the Nets would pretty much clear out their cap and allow them to add missing draft capital. They don't currently have a 2024 first round draft pick or a 2026 draft pick. Mikal may not fit the timeline of them doing anything before he becomes an UFA. Knicks can provide them with 2 first for 2024, and that 2026 first they are missing (If they really wanna play hardball). This would give them 9 first round draft picks from 2024-2029. As well as the $40mil in cap space cleared from Simmons contract to utilize in FA(throw money some money Miles Bridges etc) &/or eat contracts for more draft capital. With Mitch and Grimes also potentially being quality long term role players.

For Knicks its self explanatory. Simmons would be dead weight for a season and a half, but after that!!

Starters: Brunson, Mikal, OG, Randle, Hartenstein
Rotation: DDV, Hart, Mikal, OG, (Simmons)
Rotation: Brunson, DDV, Hart, Randle, Hartenstein

Yes I would without hesitation, although don’t see a realistic trade that works cap wise.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/19/2024  2:27 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:

How's that for data?

Cam, Dinwiddie, 2-4 protected and protected firsts. Yeah, Brooklyn can get this done.

Houston owns/controls Brooklyn picks this year 2024 and 2026. And a bunch more scenarios.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/team

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG

1/19/2024  3:14 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:

How's that for data?

Houston owns/controls Brooklyn picks this year 2024 and 2026. And a bunch more scenarios.

So Brooklyn could only us '25, '28 or '30. I prob wouldn't do it if I were Brooklyn, but I'd definitely 3ncourage it as a fan of the Knicks.
EwingsGlass
USA
1/19/2024  3:18 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:

How's that for data?

So Brooklyn could only us '25, '28 or '30. I prob wouldn't do it if I were Brooklyn, but I'd definitely 3ncourage it as a fan of the Knicks.

There are a bunch of Phx picks hiding in those words. Hard to pick up, but they are there at the end.

This is the Randle.
BigDaddyG

1/19/2024  3:47 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:

How's that for data?

There are a bunch of Phx picks hiding in those words. Hard to pick up, but they are there at the end.

Yeah, but we're still talking '28. Nets still have what it takes to get it done, but they'd be screwingup future flexibility for the foreseeable future.
martin
USA
1/19/2024  4:02 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:

How's that for data?

Brooklyn cannot trade its 2025 pick until after they make a draft selection in 2025 because they have already traded their 2024 pick, per Stepian rule.

BigDaddyG

1/19/2024  4:17 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:

How's that for data?

Brooklyn cannot trade its 2025 pick until after they make a draft selection in 2025 because they have already traded their 2024 pick, per Stepian rule.

I think they only have to wait until the 24 pick is made before they trade '25. They can't trade back to back picks, but the clock gets reset after '24. But that still keeps them from making a trade deadline deal unless they trade '32.
BigDaddyG

1/19/2024  4:31 PM
I would suggest Russell, but I don't think I could do that to a 70yo man.
martin
USA
1/19/2024  4:39 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:

How's that for data?

I think they only have to wait until the 24 pick is made before they trade '25. They can't trade back to back picks, but the clock gets reset after '24. But that still keeps them from making a trade deadline deal unless they trade '32.

You may be technically right about that sort of loophole but that would exist after the 2024 draft.

At that time period (June 2024 draft), anyone that is not already signed to a contract for year 2024-25 (namely Dinwiddie, Claxton, Royce O’Neil) will not be eligible to trade at that point.

EwingsGlass
USA
1/19/2024  6:46 PM
TheMTL wrote:

OG can't guard everyone at the same time. I would still like stronger defender at the 2

Or can he?

This is the Randle.
Rookie

1/19/2024  7:06 PM
What about Dinwiddie? He might actually be good with the bench mob
Would you eat Ben Simmons contract to secure Mikal Bridges?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy