[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

here is how a lot of teams will beat the heat
Author Thread
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
11/24/2004  8:40 AM
MIAMI (AP) -- Portland's master plan was to trap Dwyane Wade, keep somebody in front of Shaquille O'Neal whenever possible and hope no one else stepped forward to carry the Miami Heat.

The scheme worked perfectly.

Zach Randolph had 24 points and Derek Anderson added 19, helping the Trail Blazers pull away in the second half for a 99-87 win over Miami on Tuesday night. The Blazers are now 14-3 in Miami and winners of 26 of 33 overall between the franchises.

(../..)

Wade and O'Neal combined for 36 points, with Wade getting a game-high nine assists and O'Neal grabbing a game-best 13 rebounds to complete his seventh double-double in Miami's last eight games. But the Blazers never let Miami's star duo take control, and held the Heat to 37.5 percent shooting in the second half.

Take away the combined 10-for-21 by Wade and O'Neal, and the rest of the Heat managed to connect on 39.6 percent of their shots. Wade and O'Neal had averaged a combined 28 shot attempts in their nine previous games together this year.

(../..)
AUTOADVERT
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
11/24/2004  1:23 PM
Thats's easier said then done you know.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/24/2004  1:33 PM
I dont think its that hard. I think teams with good depth will be able to beat the Heat and honestly I cant wait to play them. They have no forwards and the 3rd option in Eddie Jones just isnt that good.

Those Laker teams had Shaq and Kobe but they also had a bunch of guys that could hit shots. Horry, Fisher, George.. their role players were just better.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
11/24/2004  2:00 PM
I dunno man - this is where the true test of shaq and wade begins - when teams go after them directly and ignore the role players. Shaq has a history of coming through and dominating - lets see if he can continue that and if wade can still be effective with the focus on him.

I think they will be hard to stop once they settle in - its still early in the season.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
here is how a lot of teams will beat the heat

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy