[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Thanks again Taj
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/7/2024  6:00 PM
Always a high character guy. Made all our rosters better.
Feel he will be part of the coaching staff next.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
gradyandrew
Member: #8959

1/7/2024  9:17 PM
Seems like the Knicks are keeping their options open. A guaranteed salary not only makes the tpe more complicated but also the potential dpe. (No word yet if the NBA has granted the special so maybe Mitchell Robinson comes back this season). Also, Knicks can make a 1 for 2 trade.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/7/2024  9:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2024  9:42 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/8/2024  9:59 AM
Why release him now and not when they have a deal lined up and need the spot? Is it to let him find another team to go sign with?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/8/2024  10:50 AM
franco12 wrote:Why release him now and not when they have a deal lined up and need the spot? Is it to let him find another team to go sign with?

Contract guarantee for the year. Or not.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HofstraBBall

1/8/2024  12:35 PM
gradyandrew wrote:Seems like the Knicks are keeping their options open. A guaranteed salary not only makes the tpe more complicated but also the potential dpe. (No word yet if the NBA has granted the special so maybe Mitchell Robinson comes back this season). Also, Knicks can make a 1 for 2 trade.

Wow, with Hart playing so well, I really forgot about Mitch.
Don't know if that is good and bad?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/8/2024  5:17 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:Seems like the Knicks are keeping their options open. A guaranteed salary not only makes the tpe more complicated but also the potential dpe. (No word yet if the NBA has granted the special so maybe Mitchell Robinson comes back this season). Also, Knicks can make a 1 for 2 trade.

Yes.

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

1/8/2024  7:40 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

The original diagnosis was 8-10 weeks which was about 5 weeks ago. I think the Mitchell Robinson done for the season line still isn't certain. There's absolutely no downside to applying for a disabled player exception. The fact that it hasn't been granted yet (as far as I know) at least hints at the possibility that Mitch can come back. I think if it was.for sure that he was done, the Knicks medical staff would be pushing hard for that exception. It could be used on Taj for example.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/9/2024  9:13 AM
gradyandrew wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

The original diagnosis was 8-10 weeks which was about 5 weeks ago. I think the Mitchell Robinson done for the season line still isn't certain. There's absolutely no downside to applying for a disabled player exception. The fact that it hasn't been granted yet (as far as I know) at least hints at the possibility that Mitch can come back. I think if it was.for sure that he was done, the Knicks medical staff would be pushing hard for that exception. It could be used on Taj for example.

Not sure what Taj getting waived was about but he could come back and perhaps Taj himself might be cooked as an NBA player and done?
The future assistant coach thing could be telling that he ready now to hang it up? Its a sign organization is quite fond of him.

The Mitch thing was weird as that original diagnosis was not awful but Mitch tweeted of his frustration and it was a sign things were bad. then he was seen as out for the season. Reality is his game is very much based on his physical ability and with his injury he will need a lot of ramp up time on his feet. If he comes back too soon and it happens again is that a career ender?
I think filing for exemption is a process and teams have to demonstrate they are just not holding an injured player out.
I'll hold them to their word he is done for the season.

HofstraBBall

1/9/2024  12:23 PM
Nalod wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Not sure what Taj getting waived was about but he could come back and perhaps Taj himself might be cooked as an NBA player and done?
The future assistant coach thing could be telling that he ready now to hang it up? Its a sign organization is quite fond of him.

The Mitch thing was weird as that original diagnosis was not awful but Mitch tweeted of his frustration and it was a sign things were bad. then he was seen as out for the season. Reality is his game is very much based on his physical ability and with his injury he will need a lot of ramp up time on his feet. If he comes back too soon and it happens again is that a career ender?
I think filing for exemption is a process and teams have to demonstrate they are just not holding an injured player out.

Believe Taj was just a business decision. His guarantee would have kicked in if he was kept on the roster. Precious already getting paid so makes sense. Not sure if he feels he is done. If he does,.maybe get on coaching staff and sign him to 10 days if precious get hurt.

Mitch should absolutely take it slow. You made a good point and I agree, his game is all about his physical ability. We already saw with Randle, not worth forcing things.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/9/2024  12:31 PM
Nalod wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Better safe than sorry when it comes to the ankle. Grant Hill came back to early and (I think) he ended up needing three more ankle surgeries. I can't say how much of impact the ankle will have on Mitch's career going forward, but I can say nothing good will come from him returning early.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
1/9/2024  1:54 PM
Taj has played better than Achiuwa and he's half his age.
Thanks again Taj

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy