[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 1/6/24 @7:30PM] Knicks vs Wizards
Author Thread
nycericanguy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9127

1/7/2024  7:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2024  7:34 AM
this team looks so much more balanced now. RJ & IQ were out there just looking to ISO all the time. Still not a huge fan of the trade but OG is such a good fit and the roster just makes more sense now. All our defenders move down a peg so everyone gets easier assignment's now. DDV might also be a better off ball player than IQ and we got him for $11m, probably with the intention of moving IQ later, so that makes sense even if it hurts to lose a homegrown guy like IQ, DDV is an excellent replacement.

And the Mitch injury, I mean it sucks but it has really allowed IHart to showcase his game and he just has more elements to his game, is much more durable, and better suited to play starter minutes. Mitch was always a half game, 50-60 game player.

AUTOADVERT
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

1/7/2024  7:36 AM
ToddTT wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
Thanks Todd, won't even ask for a photo of her in an evening gown, bikini, or of her lower back upper hamstring area. She is Da bomb and I am unworthy. My wife says thanks after she cought her breathe and regained control of her emotions, after I rocked her world. 😂I'm a scoundrel, a scurvy knave, a man of licentiousness, may the Lord save me.

You're welcome, brother. Sounds like a wild three minutes!!!

Time stood still, the actual ticks on the clock were irrelevant. Plus I am 52 not 25 soooo yeah. Dynamite 🧨🧨🧨 like JJ EVANS SAID DY NO MITE

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/7/2024  7:57 AM
blkexec
Member: #748
1/7/2024  8:54 AM
The OG impact is real. Most will say, look at all those points we traded away in RJ and IQ. If basketball was a one on one match, I would agree. But basketball is a TEAM sport. OG forces EVERYBODY back to their normal roles and assignments.

No more:
Grimes guarding the top player
Hart doesn’t play PF anymore
Randle can use his energy on offense
Thibs rotation is balanced

So many advantages in this trades.

I love RJ snd IQ but having too many ball stoping non defenders on the same team (getting the most mins) is an issue.

Find Thibs type players
Find 2 way wings
Find stars that impacts the game without over dribbling

We have the recipe. Now is the time to get that chip. The window is open as long as JB and Randle are in their prime. Let’s Go

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
1/7/2024  8:59 AM
Special shout out to DEUCE MCBRIDE. I’m proud of you like a son. You are the player we need and least respected but that’s ok. Keep grinding. Keep hitting open shots and playing lockdown defense.

Man as far as defensive players, we have top defenders at every position, in iHart who’s our backup. And yes, the best defensive coach in the league. This is what Thibs is known for. So get this man what he needs.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/7/2024  11:09 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:What a difference a week makes.

Number 3 in a couple more!

I used to dread weekend Knicks games. Now I look forward to Friday night Knicks. We could use an update to the Friday night Knicks song or "Go New York", but it doesn't matter. What matters is that we win and they lose. I remember all those lol Knicks takes and I took it. Now I'm on some Dolan petty s#!t and it's time for all these poverty franchises to get their comeuppance!

Tell it.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/7/2024  11:30 AM
I am surprised at how fast and strong Deuce moves. Dude is a brick house and flies around at a startling speed
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Clean
Member: #743
1/7/2024  11:37 AM
remember when people wanted iHart to stay on the bench? I remember that. Amazing what starting your best players available instead of Sims who came off of DNPs for the whole year does. I want to see Sims get consistant minutes in his rightful role as a backup. Those bad games as a starter should not count against him. He was put in a no win situation.
martin
USA
1/7/2024  12:15 PM
Clean wrote:remember when people wanted iHart to stay on the bench? I remember that. Amazing what starting your best players available instead of Sims who came off of DNPs for the whole year does. I want to see Sims get consistant minutes in his rightful role as a backup. Those bad games as a starter should not count against him. He was put in a no win situation.

You not wrong.

I think there was ramp up and new personnel has certainly helped. Knicks have finally started to unlock iHart.

Alpha1971

1/7/2024  12:16 PM
Clean wrote:remember when people wanted iHart to stay on the bench? I remember that. Amazing what starting your best players available instead of Sims who came off of DNPs for the whole year does. I want to see Sims get consistant minutes in his rightful role as a backup. Those bad games as a starter should not count against him. He was put in a no win situation.

Indeed, your right about Simms. Simms has to be better off the bench at the 5. If the bench unit will include Grimes, Hart, Deuce, and another scorer like OG, Julius or Brunson then Simms can just be the dunker on offense. Let's get another guy for the roster like Murray or Brogdon and see who we can surround Simms or Precious with. If four good shooters sorround the center, whoever he is off the bench then a vertical player like Simms can play for us as long as he plays D and rebounds.
DLeethal
Member: #9126

1/7/2024  12:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2024  12:43 PM
Basketball is funny, you can lose your 3rd and 4th best scorers and become a much better offensive team. This is the most connected and cohesive we've seen an offensive unit since the 54 win team a decade ago. All the pieces seem to have fallen into place around Brunson and Randle's skillsets, which is heavy on the isolation and ball pounding. Everyone else is moving, is cutting, the ball is flipping around, we are actually running the break way more. And by adding a true shutdown player, the rest of our defenders have slid into place and we are a really, really good defensive team. I think there is still some concern about our ability to get buckets when a game gets really tight in a playoff atmosphere, only time will tell how that goes, but this is the closest thing to an elite-functioning basketball team we've had in a decade. I think we have had spurts of elite level defense where everyone is connected, mainly the 2020 team, but we haven't seen something like this on both ends in forever. They are playing in such a way that is sustainable, scalable by adding a couple more pieces, and truly looks like we are one piece away. Even with the success last year it was quirky, we somehow had a top 5 offense while being a piss poor shooting team due to offensive rebounding. That's was never a formula that is sustainable.

I'm starting to wonder myself how much of this newfound offensive chemistry with the starters is not simply just adding OG, but the combination of OG, DDV, and most importantly iHart. iHart is an elite connector at the Center position. Areas where Mitch is a complete zero. The combination of iHart and DDV gives us two elite connectors and obviously OG and his "never force anything" mindset fits wonderfully next to the rest of the guys.

The bench is really coming together, I didn't see this happening at all. Their defense is drool-worthy when Miles - Grimes - Hart- OG are out there. If Miles and Grimes can grow into reliable scorers, which they are showing they can possibly do, we might not want to touch that unit. They seem to be figuring out how to play with each other, letting Hart initiate the break and letting Grimes and Miles get going off his kickouts. I think giving OG some more time with those guys has helped as well, because their defense is insane and they get many break opportunities.

I still think we need an upgrade to get to championship level, but I'm not sure we need to make that move right this second. Just like we didn't need to rush into trading guys like RJ and Quick, letting this team naturally grow with those guys was the right move for the past two years. Not sure a big trade is necessary right now, unless the FO really thinks we can make a title push this year. Tough call, I'm just enjoying this ride.

Alpha1971

1/7/2024  2:07 PM
DLeethal wrote:Basketball is funny, you can lose your 3rd and 4th best scorers and become a much better offensive team. This is the most connected and cohesive we've seen an offensive unit since the 54 win team a decade ago. All the pieces seem to have fallen into place around Brunson and Randle's skillsets, which is heavy on the isolation and ball pounding. Everyone else is moving, is cutting, the ball is flipping around, we are actually running the break way more. And by adding a true shutdown player, the rest of our defenders have slid into place and we are a really, really good defensive team. I think there is still some concern about our ability to get buckets when a game gets really tight in a playoff atmosphere, only time will tell how that goes, but this is the closest thing to an elite-functioning basketball team we've had in a decade. I think we have had spurts of elite level defense where everyone is connected, mainly the 2020 team, but we haven't seen something like this on both ends in forever. They are playing in such a way that is sustainable, scalable by adding a couple more pieces, and truly looks like we are one piece away. Even with the success last year it was quirky, we somehow had a top 5 offense while being a piss poor shooting team due to offensive rebounding. That's was never a formula that is sustainable.

I'm starting to wonder myself how much of this newfound offensive chemistry with the starters is not simply just adding OG, but the combination of OG, DDV, and most importantly iHart. iHart is an elite connector at the Center position. Areas where Mitch is a complete zero. The combination of iHart and DDV gives us two elite connectors and obviously OG and his "never force anything" mindset fits wonderfully next to the rest of the guys.

The bench is really coming together, I didn't see this happening at all. Their defense is drool-worthy when Miles - Grimes - Hart- OG are out there. If Miles and Grimes can grow into reliable scorers, which they are showing they can possibly do, we might not want to touch that unit. They seem to be figuring out how to play with each other, letting Hart initiate the break and letting Grimes and Miles get going off his kickouts. I think giving OG some more time with those guys has helped as well, because their defense is insane and they get many break opportunities.

I still think we need an upgrade to get to championship level, but I'm not sure we need to make that move right this second. Just like we didn't need to rush into trading guys like RJ and Quick, letting this team naturally grow with those guys was the right move for the past two years. Not sure a big trade is necessary right now, unless the FO really thinks we can make a title push this year. Tough call, I'm just enjoying this ride.

The rush is the time span of Fornier's contract. Unless you want to pick up his option for next year. Plus the deadline to aquire a player for the playoffs.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

1/7/2024  2:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2024  2:26 PM

I was someone who figured Thibs would do what he did last year and start Sims - keep bench group mostly intact—- glad he didn’t.

You saying you want Sims to get consistent minutes could also be a sketch take because Sims could be heading more for G-League than NBA.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/7/2024  3:03 PM
DLeethal wrote:Basketball is funny, you can lose your 3rd and 4th best scorers and become a much better offensive team. This is the most connected and cohesive we've seen an offensive unit since the 54 win team a decade ago. All the pieces seem to have fallen into place around Brunson and Randle's skillsets, which is heavy on the isolation and ball pounding. Everyone else is moving, is cutting, the ball is flipping around, we are actually running the break way more. And by adding a true shutdown player, the rest of our defenders have slid into place and we are a really, really good defensive team. I think there is still some concern about our ability to get buckets when a game gets really tight in a playoff atmosphere, only time will tell how that goes, but this is the closest thing to an elite-functioning basketball team we've had in a decade. I think we have had spurts of elite level defense where everyone is connected, mainly the 2020 team, but we haven't seen something like this on both ends in forever. They are playing in such a way that is sustainable, scalable by adding a couple more pieces, and truly looks like we are one piece away. Even with the success last year it was quirky, we somehow had a top 5 offense while being a piss poor shooting team due to offensive rebounding. That's was never a formula that is sustainable.

RJ was one ball hole too many.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/7/2024  3:19 PM
blkexec wrote:Special shout out to DEUCE MCBRIDE. I’m proud of you like a son. You are the player we need and least respected but that’s ok. Keep grinding. Keep hitting open shots and playing lockdown defense.

Man as far as defensive players, we have top defenders at every position, in iHart who’s our backup. And yes, the best defensive coach in the league. This is what Thibs is known for. So get this man what he needs.

He told me to tell you to stop gloating so much. It's embarrassing.

Agreed, kid seems to finally understand that he needs to get those shots go. Hopefully he keeps his high confidence level.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/7/2024  3:19 PM
martin wrote:

You not wrong.

I think there was ramp up and new personnel has certainly helped. Knicks have finally started to unlock iHart.

Are you saying we should trade Randle?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Alpha1971

1/7/2024  3:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2024  3:42 PM
blkexec wrote:Special shout out to DEUCE MCBRIDE. I’m proud of you like a son. You are the player we need and least respected but that’s ok. Keep grinding. Keep hitting open shots and playing lockdown defense.

It would be weird though if you have a picture of him in your wallet. You don't right ????

EwingPSD
Member: #9129

1/7/2024  4:04 PM

Really good post. I am with you on just about everything. We’ve had one game where Randle struggled and the team was still really good on offense. I think the predictability of Randle/Brunson ISOs if pace slows is a little concerning. Can they still be a good offense if teams are able to key in and stifle one of those guys? So far so good. Very good in fact. I also fear the team peaking too soon. They just played I-Hart 39 mins against Washington on the 2nd night of a b2b. I know mins police can be a bit annoying but I think Randle, Brunson, OG, and I-Hart will all need a little rest/decompression. They look great but the current load is real heavy. Anyway good post. I agree. Things are looking good

blkexec
1/7/2024  11:23 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:

It would be weird though if you have a picture of him in your wallet. You don't right ????

👀🙈🤷‍♂️

martin
USA
1/8/2024  10:50 AM
blkexec wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

👀🙈🤷‍♂️

Ceiling poster?

[Game Thread 1/6/24 @7:30PM] Knicks vs Wizards

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy