1/6/2024  9:54 AM
Yep, they do.

AUTOADVERT
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
1/6/2024  10:09 AM
Another GREAT win! And against a team expected to contend for the championship. That's 3 wins now recently (Milwaukee, Minnesota, Philly) against the top teams.

So good to have Clyde back! Games just hit differently when he calls them. I do think he knew fans were wondering if he would butcher Anunoby and Achiuwa's names and he practiced LOL Cause he pronounced them fairly well!

As much as I miss RJ and IQ, the OGA trade looks like a good trade so far. It's changed and fixed our defense. We're allowing 14 fewer ppg and 5% lower on FG%. OGA's offensive bag is still pretty vanilla but hopefully we acquire another scorer soon so we don't expect him to be that 3rd scorer.

Another great game by Hartenstein! He defended Embiid as well as you can even though he finished with 30 but they were a quiet 30. Hartenstein blocked his shot a few times and finished over him in the paint too. Very impressive! He's making himself very expensive to keep but someone we cannot afford to lose.

Super proud of our remaining kids! Deuce sparked that run the 2nd with 4 threes! And Grimes went crazy in the 4th too! He actually drove to the hoop and shot FT's! Hart had a monster game too with 15 rebounds. Great hoop to end the half too.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/6/2024  11:03 AM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Clean
Member: #743
1/6/2024  11:29 AM
DLeethal
Member: #9126

1/6/2024  11:36 AM
What a game. Deuce and Grimes getting some confidence to lead the bench unit could be a really good thing for this team. Deuce saved us as the game was slipping in the first quarter, and then Grimes saved us in the 3rd when the offense dried up completely and Philly cut it to 12 or so. They each get the game ball along with Hartenstein. Pretty sure Hartenstein had a game like this against Embiid last year too, where he guarded him extremely well and we won the game.

I really liked the lineup late in the game where Randle was sitting and it was Brunson - Grimes - Hart - OG - iHart. We completely annihilated them with that lineup. Grimes-Hart-OG is an incredible defensive trio to have out there with an anchor like iHart.

martin
USA
1/6/2024  11:43 AM
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/6/2024  12:15 PM
1st Half McBride - playing great and making shots off the catch and shoot.
2nd Half Grimes - Pounding the rock, going nowhere, taking bad shots gets the hook from Thibs.

Deuce needs to play with a ball handler. His shot looked great on the catch and shoot. Time to set and shoot in rhythm. When he forces things, bad things happen

1st Half Grimes - Same rushed shot, very mechanical. Mechanics slightly off.
2nd Half Grimes - Relaxed great rhythm. Shot is wet, can't miss. Confidence soars.

I don't know how you get him to slow down and stay in rhythm but someone must have gotten in his ear at half time.

PS - who is the Knicks shooting coach. I starting to wonder if Brunson's Dad is the secret ingredient to developing the yoots

martin
USA
1/6/2024  12:41 PM
Randle played 30 and had a ****ty game and Brunson only played 32 and had 2 assists.

And we smoked them.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

1/6/2024  12:50 PM
DLeethal wrote:What a game. Deuce and Grimes getting some confidence to lead the bench unit could be a really good thing for this team. Deuce saved us as the game was slipping in the first quarter, and then Grimes saved us in the 3rd when the offense dried up completely and Philly cut it to 12 or so. They each get the game ball along with Hartenstein. Pretty sure Hartenstein had a game like this against Embiid last year too, where he guarded him extremely well and we won the game.

I really liked the lineup late in the game where Randle was sitting and it was Brunson - Grimes - Hart - OG - iHart. We completely annihilated them with that lineup. Grimes-Hart-OG is an incredible defensive trio to have out there with an anchor like iHart.

yea I always wanted to see what this team would look like with a 3 & D PF, OG lets us get a look at least for glimpses.

nycericanguy

1/6/2024  12:53 PM
Centers like KP and Lopez have killed us with Mitch guarding the perimeter this season.

Now we have OG who can step out and guard those guys.

nycericanguy

1/6/2024  12:59 PM
[Bondy] Been saying this for a while and have advocated for his extension but worth repeating: Tom Thibodeau is one of the best things that happened to the Knicks in the last 23 years. Other than Spoelstra, can’t think of a coach who would’ve done better with these rosters.
martin
USA
1/6/2024  1:12 PM
nycericanguy wrote:Centers like KP and Lopez have killed us with Mitch guarding the perimeter this season.

Now we have OG who can step out and guard those guys.

I will build off of this: With iHart in the lineup, he may not be the KP, Lopez 3point spacer - although I would not discount that type of thing in the future (next year, not this one) - having him play quarterback ala Noah at the top of key is just as effective from a spacing perspective.

This type of offense only works when you have spacers and cutters and you super cut down on the Randle, RJ, Brunson's, IQ's (and others) ISO's and over-dribbles/stickiness. Knicks previous iteration with IQ, RJ was probably not talented or experienced enough. Moving DDV for Grimes really helps this cause Grimes still figuring out the cutting and off ball moving part.

Knicks tried this when iHart first arrived during preseason and it was abject failure. Now, it's different. Vastly different.

I think there is another level to go if if if iHart can shoot. Potential is there.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/6/2024  1:26 PM
nycericanguy wrote:[Bondy] Been saying this for a while and have advocated for his extension but worth repeating: Tom Thibodeau is one of the best things that happened to the Knicks in the last 23 years. Other than Spoelstra, can’t think of a coach who would’ve done better with these rosters.

Huh.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/6/2024  2:01 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Rookie wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:OK

Bring him up

Backup PF FOUND!!!

Finally

Can he get buckets? We need that too.

Watched a G league game. He stood out so I looked him up. He’s 27 y.o. Drafted in 2019 by Cleveland at the end of the 1st rd. I don’t know his story or why he hasn’t had nba minutes

If he can play D, Thibs will be interested.

Windler is on his way to the Lakers on a 2 way

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/6/2024  2:03 PM
Rookie wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Rookie wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:OK

Bring him up

Backup PF FOUND!!!

Finally

Can he get buckets? We need that too.

Watched a G league game. He stood out so I looked him up. He’s 27 y.o. Drafted in 2019 by Cleveland at the end of the 1st rd. I don’t know his story or why he hasn’t had nba minutes

If he can play D, Thibs will be interested.

Windler is on his way to the Lakers on a 2 way

Good for Windler. It's hard to find minutes on a competitive team like ours. He should find more minutes in a lottery team like the Lakers.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/6/2024  2:28 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

1/6/2024  3:51 PM
Chandler wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:Jericho's gone from spot starter to 'off the bench after Arcidiacono'.

Very interesting/ telling that Knicks went right ahead and gave Precious the back-up 5 minutes immediately and even without a practice. Given Sims had some good moments I assume Thibs wanted or likes Precious.

I’m hopeful on Precious but he looks awfully small/thin to me out there and a bit robotic —— would be something if he turns into solid small ball 5 back-up.

Didn’t Sims just come back from an ankle sprain?

Longer term precious seems like back up 4, or maybe smallball 5 since he at least shoots from distsane

He did but that’s not reason Precious playing ahead of him. Thibs even said post-game Sims (like everyone else just needs to stay ready) -and added he’ll probably get an opportunity again somewhere down the line.

So Thibs is playing Precious for time being is how I read that.

LivingLegend

1/6/2024  3:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2024  3:59 PM
martin wrote:

I mean nobody really wants to say it because Mitch is likable and a problem defensively but if you open your eyes without prejudice or favoritism and just watch how I-Hart is functioning he’s the better player at least for this team.

- our rotations are cleaner / faster - Hart always in right position
- superior passer
- runs the floor (big issue with Mitch)
- superior screener
- equal offensive rebounder but I might argue he’s the better overall rebounder
- better and more versatile scorer

We’ve watched center play with zero skill for so long - it’s eye opening when you see what I-Hart’s doing. Similar to not having a true defensive wing - when you see it you say _ oh right this is what it looks like.

LivingLegend

1/6/2024  7:17 PM
Re-watching game and M Jones call had me laughing.

“And the miserable, onerous shooting night for Julius Randle continues”

[Game Thread 1/5/24 @7:30PM] Knicks @ 76ers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy