[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Randle getting snubbed?
Author Thread
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/5/2024  8:27 AM
How is Randle not a top 10 front court player in the East? Getting beat by Kyle Kuzma? KP? Mikal Bridges? Come on...

AUTOADVERT
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
1/5/2024  9:35 AM
I blame the media. Clowns like SAS and the entire circus at ESPN mock Randle so the casuals, who do most of this voting anyway, remember the bashing and don't vote for him. Hopefully the HC's do the right thing and select both Randle and Brunson cause they both deserve it. It would also help to have as good a record as possible when they choose the reserves.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/5/2024  9:56 AM
Reputations. In past years Jules vote count was?
Yet coaches voted him in.
Jimmy Butler is not having an all star season.
Melo's last allstar appearance was based on his reputation, not statistics.
Brunson is getting alot of cred from media. Randle is not that kind of star.
Wemby over chet?

The game is in Indy and they are stuffing their boxes for Hali. He is an allstar. The tournament really must have really stimulated the fan base. Indy loves it basketball!

While we on it, Hali leaving SAC was both great for him and Fox whose game opened up. While Hali is the better player, he was not at the moment the trade was made. Context.
Great trade for both teams. Neither has any regrets I'd think.

As for our most recent.......
IQ was excelling in a position that was redundant for us. Brunson is a "star". In this era you can't pay big at age 24 and put them on the bench.
He might really do well in The North but would not have as much here. Obi is an upgrade at the 3 not because he will score more, but for what this team needs.
RJ contract is not "Toxic" given its fairly reasonable. He still has upside. Maybe not a very high ceiling but not awful. If it gets you IQ and the 31st pick, its all part of the deal.

We should land two on the All star team. Jules was all NBA and is having a very good year. His cred among coaches should be enough.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/5/2024  10:01 AM
Nalod wrote:Reputations. In past years Jules vote count was?
Wemby over chet?

The game is in Indy and they are stuffing their boxes for Hali. He is an allstar. The tournament really must have really stimulated the fan base. Indy loves it basketball!

While we on it, Hali leaving SAC was both great for him and Fox whose game opened up. While Hali is the better player, he was not at the moment the trade was made. Context.

IQ was excelling in a position that was redundant for us. Brunson is a ;star;. In this era you can't pay big at age 24 and put them on the bench.
He might really do well in The North but would not have as much here. Obi is an upgrade at the 3 not because he will score more, but for what this team needs.
RJ contract is not ;Toxic; given its fairly reasonable. He still has upside. Maybe not a very high ceiling but not awful. If it gets you IQ and the 31st pick, its all part of the deal.

We should land two on the All star team. Jules was all NBA and is having a very good year. His cred among coaches should be enough.

A lot of text and does not really answer to how does Kyle Kuzma get more votes than Randle.
Cuz he's "not that kind of star"?

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/5/2024  11:00 AM
Panos wrote:
Wemby over chet?

IQ was excelling in a position that was redundant for us. Brunson is a ;star;. In this era you can't pay big at age 24 and put them on the bench.
RJ contract is not ;Toxic; given its fairly reasonable. He still has upside. Maybe not a very high ceiling but not awful. If it gets you IQ and the 31st pick, its all part of the deal.

A lot of text and does not really answer to how does Kyle Kuzma get more votes than Randle.

LOL, Nalod with another word salad

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/5/2024  11:10 AM
Celtics currently have their whole starting lineup being voted in. A player on a 6 win team getting voted in is wild. KD & Tatum getting more votes than Joker also ain't it.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/5/2024  11:31 AM
Rookie wrote:
Panos wrote:
Wemby over chet?

LOL, Nalod with another word salad

Got more substance than either of you. I said it was reputational.
Butler. I cited Melo as an example.
Hali leads the east and contrast is others are getting more votes.
Kuzma? I don't know why.
Maybe look at our guys. Knick fans can't forget the ATL season and were ready to bury him the first 6 games of the season.
If we don't love the guy unconditionally who will?? LOL
Kuzma is a "fashionista" and big on social media. Maybe the NBA youth fan gets him votes on that.
More Salad? Perhaps. but at least I bring a covered dish to the party.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/5/2024  11:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/5/2024  11:39 AM
Not well liked. Even by Knick fans.
Knicks fans gotta just vote.

Good thing it's all about what the Knicks do.
We keep winning, individual accolades will follow.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
1/5/2024  12:42 PM
No blaming the media. I blame the Knicks fans for not taking the time out of the day to vote for him. The Knicks are in the biggest media market (in the world?) and fans are transplanted everywhere. But somehow, New York fans are too darned busy to take the time to vote.

The Knicks too could be spending marketing dollars (or at least social media posts) to drive people to vote.

There are 8.4m people in NYC alone. 20m in the tristate area. Imagine if we could just get 10% of that total to vote for the Knick players on 1 day. That'd be 2m votes. 5% success means 1m votes. Enough to be near the top of the list for any position. Ask people to vote 3 days in a row and we dominate.

We should literally be able blow things up and stuff the entire starting lineup with Knicks.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/5/2024  12:45 PM
I get why fans want Brunson and Randle to play in the All Star game. But real talk, I'd prefer it if they just rested up.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/5/2024  1:23 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:I get why fans want Brunson and Randle to play in the All Star game. But real talk, I'd prefer it if they just rested up.

That's right - vote for KP!

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
1/5/2024  1:26 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:I get why fans want Brunson and Randle to play in the All Star game. But real talk, I'd prefer it if they just rested up.

And Tatum and Brown right? :)

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
BigDaddyG

1/5/2024  1:40 PM
technomaster wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

And Tatum and Brown right? :)

Embiid is supposed to be an MVP candidate along with Giannis. It would be a disservice if they didn't play 35+ minutes. And of course you can't have Giannis without Dame...

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/5/2024  5:17 PM
Snub all day, nerds!

It's going to make a championship that much sweeter.

ToddTT
1/5/2024  5:18 PM
First year I have voted. Maybe like 10 times so far.

Any of you guys taking the time?

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/5/2024  5:28 PM
ToddTT wrote:First year I have voted. Maybe like 10 times so far.

First time for me also. I’ve got OG, Brunson and Randle on my ballot. They make it a pain in the ass to prove you’re not a robot. I’m surprised they let you vote 🤣 You must being really good at knowing what a bicycle and traffic light are

ToddTT
1/5/2024  7:03 PM
Rookie wrote:
ToddTT wrote:First year I have voted. Maybe like 10 times so far.

First time for me also. I’ve got OG, Brunson and Randle on my ballot. They make it a pain in the ass to prove you’re not a robot. I’m surprised they let you vote 🤣 You must being really good at knowing what a bicycle and traffic light are

For real... that **** is a nuisance.

If I use Chrome on my laptop it seems happy just having me check a single checkbox. No bicycle bull****.

ToddTT
1/5/2024  7:43 PM
Just voted. Julius and JB. And today Deuce, iHart, and OG get a vote as well.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/5/2024  7:48 PM
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BigDaddyG

1/5/2024  7:57 PM
ToddTT wrote:Just voted. Julius and JB. And today Deuce, iHart, and OG get a vote as well.

You voted Deuce over Big Ragu.

Randle getting snubbed?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy