[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Daily News: Knicks have outside shot at Vince
Author Thread
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
11/24/2004  11:59 AM
I believe Carter still has a lot of game left... he's just underperforming a bit.

I think our key trade commodities are:
Tim Thomas
Moochie Norris
Kurt Thomas
Michael Sweetney
Penny

I have no problems seeing TT go--- even if Carter played 25mpg, 10ppg/3rpg/3apg, it'd be a huge improvement over TT's production. I don't understand what the big deal is about having a 6'10" SF when he plays small.

The Raptors direly need a backup PG... so Moochie fits nicely.

Kurt Thomas and Sweetney would be the key components. KT is playing as well as he ever has in his career. Several here have pointed out how he's been the Knicks' MVP so far (and IMHO, a candidate for his first all-star appearance). His trade value is sky high right now, but it sure seems as if Toronto wants to pare down their salary.

Opinion on Sweetney is mixed--- on the high end, some see him as a solid starter (not a star) in the future, others see him on track to becoming the next Zach Randolph. I tend to see him as very much like a Kurt Thomas--- an excellent backup-PF who might develop into a quality starting PF (or more). His lack of size is a big concern for me. He's certainly not the prototypical big man... and I'd be willing to give him up in the right deal.

Penny is playing well... but Jalen is a similar player and a little younger (33 vs 31, soon to be 32). Penny's expiring contract is valuable. Jalen's contract is probably longer... but IMHO he is the better player at this time.

Ariza looks like he could be an up-and-coming star... but who knows if he'll stagnate like Darius Miles, who has been essentially the same jump-shot-less pogostick since day 1.

So let's say Toronto might be willing to make a around these players:
TT/Penny/Moochie/Sweetney/Ariza for Jalen/Carter

We'd clearly have the deepest backcourt in the NBA, with Carter/Houston/Crawford/Rose all manning the swingman positions (Carter/Rose both have excellent passing skills).

It's not very different from what we have now; we'll soon have the problem of finding minutes for Houston/Crawford/Penny/Ariza/TT

IMHO it would give us added superstar level talent and upgrade our overall team talent level. However... it wouldn't be by leaps and bounds.

I think our greatest need right now is time to develop chemistry. With the emergence of Nazr lately, center is not a problem right now.

Posted by OasisBU:

I dont want Vince Carter on this team...I definitely dont want Jalen. What have either of them done in the NBA that is going to ehlp the Knicks at this point? They are both malcontents and there is no reason to let that spread with our current roster.

This team already had its share of that attitude - and now thats its over and done with I see no reason to bring it back. All we need is a center or a dominant PF. I would prefer a center keeping cr8zy eyes as the PF because I think (I cant believe I am saying this) that he fits the team well. If only Patrick were young again..this team would be amazing.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
AUTOADVERT
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
11/24/2004  12:43 PM
the title was very confusing, i was like, "uhh... I thought we signed baker already? "
No thanks for vince unless its a really stupid trade like TT for VC. VC is never ever going to be a franchise type player and I don't think the situation in NY is right for him.
http://allknicks.com
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/24/2004  3:17 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

When I read the title, I thought this was gonna be a thread about Vin Baker. Maybe an "outside shot at Vin" being traded for a good PF/C. You got my hopes up and then you ruined it by talking about Vince Carter and Jalen Rose!

Sorry. I cut and pasted the title and some of it got cut off.
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
11/24/2004  3:27 PM
No deal.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/24/2004  3:45 PM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by Bonn1997:

When I read the title, I thought this was gonna be a thread about Vin Baker. Maybe an "outside shot at Vin" being traded for a good PF/C. You got my hopes up and then you ruined it by talking about Vince Carter and Jalen Rose!

just updated it
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/24/2004  3:46 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by Bonn1997:

just updated it

Thank you.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/24/2004  10:42 PM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Oh! I thought you were just joking around with us
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/25/2004  4:44 PM
A Penny/Timmy for Vince/Jalen is a tremendous steal for the knicks talentwise.

Jalen has always had huge games against the Knicks.

Perhaps that trade with a number one coming our way?

Admittedly, the team is starting to gel and those contracts are god aweful.

Perhaps some three way to get a big back??
Daily News: Knicks have outside shot at Vince

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy