EwingPSD
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9129

1/4/2024  11:40 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:Can you imagine Mitch back and Murray off bench?

Fournier and all the picks for Murray.

Then you done.

Murray ain't coming here to come off the bench 1) he's better than every guard we got not named Jalen and 2) he probably like it as much as Julius or Jalen would like going to the bench.

Now - would he play with the bench guys (YES) but I say he'd start almost certainly. Of course I'm usually wrong 95% of the time.

Maybe wrong about Demar not being someone who would make us better.. Despite his minus yesterday. Which I feel is not a fair gripe. See him as this years Jimmy Buckets for the playoff team that trades for him.

Agree about Murray. He is not coming here to be a backup. As much as I want Devo to play 40 minutes a night, Murray at the 2 and Devo off the bench may be what we need.

For me, it's not a question of coming here to be a backup. Murray needs to be asked if he wants to be part of a championship level team or not. That's it.

Do you think the reason he's not fitting in with Atlanta is because he doesn't want to win? I don't know nearly enough about Murray to delve into his psyche, so I can't answer that. I will say that a lot of guys on that level believe that the more they play, the more their team will win. I'm guessing that convincing Murray that the team will be more successful with Grimes and DDV starting over him would be a tough sell.

I don't think it is a fit issue. He's just overrated

AUTOADVERT
Clean
Member: #743
1/4/2024  11:40 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
JesseDark wrote:Nice win, a little concerned about McBride, he hasn't found his stride yet as a leader of the 2nd unit.

A big issue for a PG is if the D doesn't believe you will go by them and all the way to the rack - Deuce won't, he knows it, they know it and we know it.

So D brings heavy ball pressure and the kid basically does a bunch of dribbling near half court.

I love Deuce but I love him a bit more off the ball because not much happens when he is pounding it going nowhere.

Some think I don't like Deuce, my problem with him is what you just stated. Been playing this game a long time and have seen elite players. Many who just could not take that next step despite their talent. As good as he is, Mcbribe has yet to show the ability to separate against NBA level defenders. He also does not have the dog in him to make it at the top level. Will to score. Kid can play defense and is a great kid, but other than in G League(many who have done it there) he has not shown the confidence to be a solid rotation player.

Waiting to see Flynn in there. Watched a lot of Raptor games and the kid can ball. Just never got those consistent minutes. Hopefully he can help the second unit. Or hopefully Deuce gets it going with more consistent minutes.

The bold could very well be true but don't forget Quick had the same exact issue of getting by defenses and over a summer he actually fixed it until the playoffs, then it became a problem again.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

1/4/2024  11:54 AM
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:DDV is having a career year, IDK if he's just gotten better, or if it's the NOVA effect but he has really played well and even more so as a starter.

Donte DiVincenzo has averaged 13.8 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.2 assists in 16 games as a starter this season shooting 54/48/80 from the field in just 23.5mpg.

You've got it all wrong. Thibs is an offense only coach, much better at putting players in position to score than a place like GS. Plus, as you can see, GS doesn't develop young players like NY does.

Lots of guys have come here and played career best basketball. More have done that, than guys who have left and flourished because of being held back by Thibs or whatever. I know you are being facetious so I am in agreement with you.

His previous career high was 10.4ppg for a contending MIL team, but he played 27.5mpg that season, he's doing this now in just 21.4mpg.

Kinda going under the radar just how good he's been.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/4/2024  12:09 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:DDV is having a career year, IDK if he's just gotten better, or if it's the NOVA effect but he has really played well and even more so as a starter.

Donte DiVincenzo has averaged 13.8 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.2 assists in 16 games as a starter this season shooting 54/48/80 from the field in just 23.5mpg.

You've got it all wrong. Thibs is an offense only coach, much better at putting players in position to score than a place like GS. Plus, as you can see, GS doesn't develop young players like NY does.

Lots of guys have come here and played career best basketball. More have done that, than guys who have left and flourished because of being held back by Thibs or whatever. I know you are being facetious so I am in agreement with you.

His previous career high was 10.4ppg for a contending MIL team, but he played 27.5mpg that season, he's doing this now in just 21.4mpg.

Injuries derailed him for a bit and he was lucky to play for GSW last year, which is a perfect place for a guy with his skillset to rebound. I still get nervous when he shoots a layup, but I can leave with if he's going to shoot like this.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/4/2024  12:13 PM
EwingPSD wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:Can you imagine Mitch back and Murray off bench?

Fournier and all the picks for Murray.

Then you done.

Murray ain't coming here to come off the bench 1) he's better than every guard we got not named Jalen and 2) he probably like it as much as Julius or Jalen would like going to the bench.

Now - would he play with the bench guys (YES) but I say he'd start almost certainly. Of course I'm usually wrong 95% of the time.

Maybe wrong about Demar not being someone who would make us better.. Despite his minus yesterday. Which I feel is not a fair gripe. See him as this years Jimmy Buckets for the playoff team that trades for him.

Agree about Murray. He is not coming here to be a backup. As much as I want Devo to play 40 minutes a night, Murray at the 2 and Devo off the bench may be what we need.

For me, it's not a question of coming here to be a backup. Murray needs to be asked if he wants to be part of a championship level team or not. That's it.

Do you think the reason he's not fitting in with Atlanta is because he doesn't want to win? I don't know nearly enough about Murray to delve into his psyche, so I can't answer that. I will say that a lot of guys on that level believe that the more they play, the more their team will win. I'm guessing that convincing Murray that the team will be more successful with Grimes and DDV starting over him would be a tough sell.

I don't think it is a fit issue. He's just overrated

Could be the case. Those Spurs team were bad when he put up numbers. I don't know. Hopefully the Knicks have gotten a good feel for him through "channels" if they make this move. Things were so much simpler during the Calderon days when it was clear that everybody needed to be upgraded, aside from Melo.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/4/2024  12:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/4/2024  12:41 PM
Clean wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
JesseDark wrote:Nice win, a little concerned about McBride, he hasn't found his stride yet as a leader of the 2nd unit.

A big issue for a PG is if the D doesn't believe you will go by them and all the way to the rack - Deuce won't, he knows it, they know it and we know it.

So D brings heavy ball pressure and the kid basically does a bunch of dribbling near half court.

I love Deuce but I love him a bit more off the ball because not much happens when he is pounding it going nowhere.

Some think I don't like Deuce, my problem with him is what you just stated. Been playing this game a long time and have seen elite players. Many who just could not take that next step despite their talent. As good as he is, Mcbribe has yet to show the ability to separate against NBA level defenders. He also does not have the dog in him to make it at the top level. Will to score. Kid can play defense and is a great kid, but other than in G League(many who have done it there) he has not shown the confidence to be a solid rotation player.

Waiting to see Flynn in there. Watched a lot of Raptor games and the kid can ball. Just never got those consistent minutes. Hopefully he can help the second unit. Or hopefully Deuce gets it going with more consistent minutes.

The bold could very well be true but don't forget Quick had the same exact issue of getting by defenses and over a summer he actually fixed it until the playoffs, then it became a problem again.

IQs float game was advanced day one.
Feel Duece just has an afraid to fail shot selection.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/4/2024  12:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/4/2024  12:42 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:

Have to factor in experience, confidence level, injuries and comfort. Comparing what he did in Mil a few years ago does not. Kid is playing with lots of confidence. Feels comfortable and has a lot more experience in what works and doesn't work. There have been many players that hit their strides in year 4-5. Feel that is where he is at. Was always easy to see the talent in him. Think it will only continue and even improve.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
EwingPSD
Member: #9129

1/4/2024  1:04 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Clean wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

IQs float game was advanced day one.
Feel Duece just has an afraid to fail shot selection.

IQ is a scorer. Deuce just isn't. That doesn't mean he isn't an NBA rotation player, he just not going to ever be a guy who carries you

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

1/4/2024  1:11 PM
I gotta say OG is so strong at the rim, just just goes straight up and dunks... He probably has 4-5 dunks in these 2 games on cuts, refreshing to see.

stark contract to Grimes who continues to look so nervous and rushed even when he has what looks to be an easy lane to the basket.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

1/4/2024  1:19 PM
nycericanguy wrote:I gotta say OG is so strong at the rim, just just goes straight up and dunks... He probably has 4-5 dunks in these 2 games on cuts, refreshing to see.

stark contract to Grimes who continues to look so nervous and rushed even when he has what looks to be an easy lane to the basket.

His hop and second jump is crazy fast. Also powerful. He kind of plays like a power player inside the paint. Has a lot of Kawhi Leonard in his game. Obviously not the mid range but the claws, the strength, the power hops inside, and obviously the defense.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/4/2024  2:57 PM
Two games Since Duece got the call.
Lets give it more time before we label him?
We know what he is not, but he is 23. I doubt we extended him because we think he hit his ceiling.
Thibs and Bryant obviously have confidence in him. I expect he step it up and score.
Thibs is not using him "wrong". If he can't hit shots then he is frank. And that is not enough.
ccch
Member: #3876

1/4/2024  3:20 PM
Nalod wrote:Two games Since Duece got the call.
Lets give it more time before we label him?
We know what he is not, but he is 23. I doubt we extended him because we think he hit his ceiling.
Thibs and Bryant obviously have confidence in him. I expect he step it up and score.
Thibs is not using him "wrong". If he can't hit shots then he is frank. And that is not enough.

I think he'll be ok. Much better ball handler then IQ. His jump shot has great form, better than IQ's push/jump shot. Hopefully with time his shot will be consistent.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/4/2024  3:32 PM
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:I gotta say OG is so strong at the rim, just just goes straight up and dunks... He probably has 4-5 dunks in these 2 games on cuts, refreshing to see.

His hop and second jump is crazy fast. Also powerful. He kind of plays like a power player inside the paint. Has a lot of Kawhi Leonard in his game. Obviously not the mid range but the claws, the strength, the power hops inside, and obviously the defense.

RJ was growing into a power player but OG is another level strong. His legs are thick like trees. I don't know if he has that offensive alpha in him but look at his career and who he played with and his role. He was out for the playoffs in 2019, but from there he was with Siakim. Lowrey and FVV. Then Barnes come s and he is given the keys also. Does that mean he grows into "more"? I don't know. He wants the money and the ball. I don't blame him.

blkexec
Member: #748
1/4/2024  3:58 PM
Nalod wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

RJ was growing into a power player but OG is another level strong. His legs are thick like trees. I don't know if he has that offensive alpha in him but look at his career and who he played with and his role. He was out for the playoffs in 2019, but from there he was with Siakim. Lowrey and FVV. Then Barnes come s and he is given the keys also. Does that mean he grows into "more"? I don't know. He wants the money and the ball. I don't blame him.

It’s actually pretty simple.

RJ and IQ are ball stoppers
OG is a ball mover.

RJ and IQ will always have better offensive stats and that’s what fans will look at. OG diverse defensive skill set will be valuable during the playoffs.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/4/2024  4:19 PM
I can’t wait til next season, cause I think the baseline level of play will be this all the time

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

1/4/2024  4:44 PM
How was the coverage on ESPN ?
DLeethal
Member: #9126

1/4/2024  5:24 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:How was the coverage on ESPN ?

I like JJ Reddick - think he is an up and coming analyst. Jefferson is cringe. But strangely he had lots of good things to say about the Knicks for like the first time ever.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/4/2024  5:59 PM
DLeethal wrote:

I like JJ Reddick - think he is an up and coming analyst. Jefferson is cringe. But strangely he had lots of good things to say about the Knicks for like the first time ever.

Bandwagon is pulling out….

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/4/2024  6:07 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

Bandwagon is pulling out….

ESPN has no doubt gotten marching orders to jump on the Knicks bandwagon.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/4/2024  8:16 PM
[Game Thread 1/3/24 @830PM] Knicks vs Bulls on ABC, MSG

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy