[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Crap article.
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/3/2024  12:23 PM
https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-york-knicks/knicks-next-big-move-could-be-for-timberwolves-superstar-karl-anthony-towns/

I don't dispute the notion but Minny leads the conference. They really gonna break it up by the trade deadline?
Does Minny think its better with Randle than Kat. They might, if so, they do it.
I can see this occur after the season.
Lets see how durable KAT is this year. He might be a better fit for us, and Randle for them. If so you do it.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/3/2024  12:27 PM
I ignore everything from empire sports media
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/3/2024  12:28 PM
martin wrote:I ignore everything from empire sports media

Same

Nalod
USA
1/3/2024  12:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2024  12:50 PM
Rookie wrote:

Same

they bring up Emiid. Wtf? they not paying attention to the standings?
They can snag OG for max at seasons end. Its an over pay, but it keeps Embiid in place.
Philly is much better than expected and they got cap space coming.
That worries me about OG.
PG13 and Kawhi are free agents at seasons end. Nobody talks about them. Can one go to Philly, or to us on a two year deal in the event OG moves?
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/3/2024  12:50 PM
Nalod wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Same

They can snag OG for max at seasons end. Its an over pay, but it keeps Embiid in place.

Siakim would be better for them

martin
USA
1/3/2024  12:58 PM
Nalod wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Same

PG13 and Kawhi are free agents at seasons end. Nobody talks about them. Can one go to Philly, or to us on a two year deal in the event OG moves?

Philly is targeting Pascal Siakam. Siakam and Embiid are close friends, both Cameroon born.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/3/2024  1:14 PM
Nalod wrote:https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-york-knicks/knicks-next-big-move-could-be-for-timberwolves-superstar-karl-anthony-towns/

I don't dispute the notion but Minny leads the conference. They really gonna break it up by the trade deadline?
Does Minny think its better with Randle than Kat. They might, if so, they do it.
Lets see how durable KAT is this year. He might be a better fit for us, and Randle for them. If so you do it.

Why would a team with the best record in the West want to unload it's big piece?
Oh yeah.....he will average close to $60m a year from 24 to 28!

Don't see the Knicks doing this for Randle. Who just beat him head to head, averages more, passes more and is not as soft. Maybe for MR, EF, add ins? As a Center replacement?

Think these are all click bait and not in touch with what's currently going on.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
USA
1/3/2024  2:14 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Nalod wrote:https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-york-knicks/knicks-next-big-move-could-be-for-timberwolves-superstar-karl-anthony-towns/

Why would a team with the best record in the West want to unload it's big piece?

Don't see the Knicks doing this for Randle. Who just beat him head to head, averages more, passes more and is not as soft. Maybe for MR, EF, add ins? As a Center replacement?

I think there is a path for KAT but its first about the money and a new ownership group and would be about fit/chemistry but it has to be about Randle being a better fit with Edwards Than KAT and the money used in other places. How is that? Im not verse enough with Minny and who they are but its not happening this year most likley if ever it does. I like Kats range and its ok he soft for a 7 footer if we have Mitch/iHart.
Im not endorsing this btw. But not hating on it.

martin
USA
1/3/2024  2:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2024  2:22 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

They may not do it entirely based off of basketball reasons.

Next year, they will already be over the second apron without having resigned Conley, their only PG and a very very important part of the team. I do not understand what their tax bill will be like next year but it would be SIGNIFICANTLY different with Randle's contract than KAT's.

Alex Rodriguez is a bit cash strapped and he and Marc Lore are in the process of buying another 40% of ownership.

Those things may come into play but really I don't understand by how much.

But yes, from a bball perspective, you don't **** with the chemistry with where team is at.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/3/2024  4:28 PM
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Next year, they will already be over the second apron without having resigned Conley, their only PG and a very very important part of the team. I do not understand what their tax bill will be like next year but it would be SIGNIFICANTLY different with Randle's contract than KAT's.

Alex Rodriguez is a bit cash strapped and he and Marc Lore are in the process of buying another 40% of ownership.

But yes, from a bball perspective, you don't **** with the chemistry with where team is at.

All this to say exactly why WE should not take on his contract. As Hofstra said, why do this when he is not better than Randle?

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/3/2024  5:54 PM
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

My point exactly. KAT's new contract kicks in. And that is top 10 money. He is. It and they are hoping they can dump that bag on the Knicks. Rose too smart. I hope..

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
gradyandrew
Member: #8959

1/3/2024  7:46 PM
Randle and.KAT are buddies, right? I think the plan is to get them both together. Maybe EF and Robinson plus a bunch of picks works if Minny falls off of a cliff.
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
1/5/2024  9:49 AM
I wish the awful rumor would just go away. Randle is better than KAT - and way cheaper and mentally tougher too. I'm not sure how many more ways he needs to show and prove it.
Nalod
USA
1/5/2024  11:47 AM
SergioNYK wrote:I wish the awful rumor would just go away. Randle is better than KAT - and way cheaper and mentally tougher too. I'm not sure how many more ways he needs to show and prove it.

at the moment its more about KAT showing he is worthy of that money by staying healthy and being part of a winning team. He had a really bad run the last few years. Randle has been a beast in that time.

But.....a 7 footer with range and a good enough handle. He is "Embiid lite". Paired with rudy and not being the focal point star he is demonstrating this year something pretty good.

A very different player than Randle. They are not interchangeable. In my mind KAT would have been a good fit with RJ.
No indication Minny is shopping KAT at all this year. This is a media driven speculation based on Minny hitting that second apron with KAT's monster deal.
Kat relationship with Leon, Rosas and its been said to appreciate Thibs given his maturity fuels the talk.

Crap article.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy