[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

DeJounte Murray vs MIA in playoffs - 23/7/7 with 2 steals per game and only 2 TO's in 38mpg on 45/38/100 shooting.
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/27/2024  12:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2024  12:38 PM
nycericanguy wrote:man I dont even know what im supposed to be reading these days... but if DJM is really a headcase then I trust the FO did their homework there and that's why we are passing.

It's his father speaking so can't really attribute that to him being a headache. I will say this is the issue with fit and role vs talent. When the fit isn't clean it leads to misunderstandings and frustration leading to conflicts.

Murray isn't guaranteed to be a plug and play fit. He does have potential to be just like ATL thought. But it's not a guarantee, and the assets given up to get him. As well as the possibility of disrupting a good thing we got going. U want to be sure. If he is willing to settle for being a 3rd option. Willing to do role player dirty work while Brunson and Randle get theirs offensively. Patiently waiting to get his with the 2nd unit. With the idea of him being a pass first distributor to feed his teammates. Reducing his numbers and star appeal in order to win a chip. Then that would be amazing.

But pride and ego are a MFer. Edit: I shouldnt just attribute it to pride and ego tho. As your skill set should match the needs. Example Randle can hit a 3 here and there. But if asked to be a catch and shoot player he will struggle. Wouldn't be pride that he tried to push for what he isore successful at.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/27/2024  1:10 PM
Nalod wrote:I read when Spurs traded him he was a bit of a case. Then he plays in a summer league game and starts talking **** to non nBA players. THat summer his rep was he was an arrogant headcase and pop was done with him.
Does that matter? He got a fresh start in ATL with a new “lockerroom” but perhaps when things go bad people start pointing fingers.

I recall some here said “Randle does the my dick bigger than your dick with Brunson” and I have not read anything or seen anything than Jules being cool with Brusnon who gets MVP chants. Jules has gotten his, but this is Jalens team now. I don’t read or see anything other than we have a team that likes each other. Mitch and Isiah despite being competitive for minutes (isiah wants to get paid) those two seem to be just fine. Evan, who is miserable only says things off season.
I’d expect DJM if he was bought here to not be a disruption but fall into a role on and off the court. I’ll give any player room to mature and grow. Seems Trae is a bit of dick and maybe as not earned the respect in the lockerroom. I was glad to hear how well IQ spoke of Jules when he was traded and how Jules said “those guys will always be special”. Nice story line for sure.
This is the kind of stuff that pending free agents or “Stars” should want to come over to. Thibs might not the easiest coach to play for but he gets you paid if you do your job. Josh, randle, Brunson, RJ, Mitch all be loyal and it has paid off. Knox, Frank, Iso Zo, and Cam amung others not so.

There is a level of professionalism that has existed and grown. Some are now calling it “Knick Culture”! Some players would welcome the challange and excel, others not and stay away.

DJM was traded from Spurs and that culture and is not getting along with ATL. I’ll give a guy a chance to grow but this is not a good look for DJM. If he wants NY, he will have respect what is here and how he can fit and excel in it.

Purportedly, and I don’t know how to weigh how heavily this holds true, is that Spurs didn’t want to deal with Murray’s looming extension talks with Klutch. He and they were demanding max. Dejounte was traded right after that.

Atlanta found out the same but leveraged him by letting him know he can agree to this type of contract or they would trade him to Toronto. He quickly signed contract after that. Hawks Insiders have shared that story. No clue on veracity.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
1/28/2024  2:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2024  2:20 PM
This pic came out recently, and has been verified (no clue what that actually means). It’s Dejounte responding to a fan about his defense. And this is an Insider/Hawks fan’s take on it. I thought it was thoughtful but no clue how accurate.

Murray talking to a fan. Everything he said made sense. Quin has a scheme. He's bending the scheme to fit Trae's strengths but it's at the negative effect of the scheme. It puts the guards and wings in a negative position and the scheme is suppose to speak for itself.

Defensively, the scheme just can't work. While this scheme protects the 1, it overly exposed the 2 and 3. It did that in Utah too. Gobert was able to protect a lot of the nonsense which OO nor Clint can do. Making it extremely difficult to be a 2 or 3 on defense in this scheme.

I just don't know if this scheme makes any sense for this personnel and to be honest, it really ask so much of the 2, 3, and 5. This scheme is easier on the 4 than Nates scheme. It gives them more freedom and less defense responsibilities which is why we have seen a breakout from JJ.

I didn't see anything from Murray I disagreed with in the short chat message.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/28/2024  9:50 PM
In other news, Murray sat out tonight’s game against Toronto with a sore hammy. IQ and RJ were also out.
This is the Randle.
martin
USA
1/28/2024  10:55 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:In other news, Murray sat out tonight’s game against Toronto with a sore hammy. IQ and RJ were also out.

You forgot to put sore hammy in quotes. It’s a pre trade “sore hammy”

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/29/2024  5:15 PM
No matter how many injuries the Knicks have, at least we know they'll finish ahead of the Hawks.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
2/6/2024  5:58 PM
Tommy Dee is a dork and we shall see if what he says holds

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
2/6/2024  7:21 PM
martin wrote:Tommy Dee is a dork and we shall see if what he says holds

Tommy Dee hasn’t been factually accurate. Tends to put up guesses as fact and hope they pan out. See Mitchell, Donovan.

This is the Randle.
martin
USA
2/6/2024  7:29 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:Tommy Dee is a dork and we shall see if what he says holds

Tommy Dee hasn’t been factually accurate. Tends to put up guesses as fact and hope they pan out. See Mitchell, Donovan.

Right, dork is the kindest word I could come up with.

DeJounte Murray vs MIA in playoffs - 23/7/7 with 2 steals per game and only 2 TO's in 38mpg on 45/38/100 shooting.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy