[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

DeJounte Murray vs MIA in playoffs - 23/7/7 with 2 steals per game and only 2 TO's in 38mpg on 45/38/100 shooting.
Author Thread
nycericanguy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9127

1/25/2024  5:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2024  5:57 PM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:Hawks have no need to rush, lots of teams take these things to the deadline.

IDK why DET would want DJM anyway, but if they did, then Ivey and a pick isn't asking alot. I doubt they'd expect ALL of those things.

I honestly don't think he gets moved until the off season. It's not like the Hawks are going anywhere. They're still a play-in team.

hope not, we could really use him for the playoffs.

I think ATL has their own pick this year so trading Capella and DJM and tanking a bit could benefit them.

if we wait for summer we might as well bring Rokas over and see what he can do.

I have to tell you, I don’t think the Knicks trade for Dejounte unless they know/think they can flip him later on for Mikal or Donovan (or other) when the time is right.

I dont think theres any concrete way of knowing that.

CLE won't trade DM unless they have to.

and BK isn't trading us Mikal, just don't see it. The only way I thought it could have been even remotely possible was with a blow me away kind of offer like RJ, IQ and 3-4 1sts. But that's obviously off the table now.

I also dont think we are going to wait around waiting, at this point Brunson is probably better than DM, and that's not something we could have imagined when we were trying to get DM last year.

2 months ago, what was your thought on NY and Toronto making an OG deal after the lawsuit stupidity?

It’ll boil down to who got some leverage we don’t know or hear about, and that means Mikal forcing stuff.

truth be told I'm not sure Mikal makes all that much sense anymore anyway.

I mean he can play SG sure, his best position is probably SF but sure he can play SG and I'm sure do it very well.

but the ideal player for us is one that can combine the Grimes/Deuce role, or the RJ/IQ role into one player who can then get 30mpg and can also handle the ball, play some point and create for others.

Mikal isn't a ballhandler, PG or creator, and he would take way too many minutes to allow another ballhandler/PG on the team to play.

I have the opposite take and am leaning towards him and Donovan being 1 and 1A targets. Even if the trade timeline isn’t this trade deadline or even this summer or next season, but this draft and summer are prob the most ideal Knicks timeframe.

If you are Knicks FO, you are building the best team you can around Brunson. From that lens you don’t worry too much about second unit ball handling, you ask yourself what’s the most attainable and best fit upgrade. Mikal is best fit next to Jalon, cause he is elite defender, elite spacer, huge upgrade over DDV while not negating DDV as he can easily move to bench. Mikal is not the most attainable and it’s gonna hurt, so you gotta find creative leverage solutions.

Finding and filling the leftover, vet min, second unit ball handler is easy. Especially if you riding with iHart, Randle, OG, Mikal, Brunson with some semblance of Deuce, DDV, Hart, Mitch off bench.

I mean it could work and I'd love to see it.

but It's not ideal and I don't see it happening.

I really think DJM is the best we can hope for right now. He has the size and ability to defend as a SG. He can run PG and get Brunson some rest on and off the court. he hits shots and has shown he can score in playoff environment even against tough defenses like MIA. he can handle the ball, play make and create his own. He's not only great backup for Brunson he's great insurance in the playoffs if Randle isn't up to the task again.

I mean in theory he does everything we need and replaces Grimes AND Deuce.

Now it could not work, it hasn't worked in ATL, though I think they are a poorly coached team and I think Trae is much more difficult to play with. but if the price is Grimes and 2 1sts its worth trying.

I'd be disappointed if he's not a Knick, we missed the boat big time not trading for KP, can't miss another shot at a low cost all star.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/25/2024  6:13 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:Hawks have no need to rush, lots of teams take these things to the deadline.

IDK why DET would want DJM anyway, but if they did, then Ivey and a pick isn't asking alot. I doubt they'd expect ALL of those things.

I honestly don't think he gets moved until the off season. It's not like the Hawks are going anywhere. They're still a play-in team.

hope not, we could really use him for the playoffs.

I think ATL has their own pick this year so trading Capella and DJM and tanking a bit could benefit them.

if we wait for summer we might as well bring Rokas over and see what he can do.

I have to tell you, I don’t think the Knicks trade for Dejounte unless they know/think they can flip him later on for Mikal or Donovan (or other) when the time is right.

I dont think theres any concrete way of knowing that.

CLE won't trade DM unless they have to.

and BK isn't trading us Mikal, just don't see it. The only way I thought it could have been even remotely possible was with a blow me away kind of offer like RJ, IQ and 3-4 1sts. But that's obviously off the table now.

I also dont think we are going to wait around waiting, at this point Brunson is probably better than DM, and that's not something we could have imagined when we were trying to get DM last year.

2 months ago, what was your thought on NY and Toronto making an OG deal after the lawsuit stupidity?

It’ll boil down to who got some leverage we don’t know or hear about, and that means Mikal forcing stuff.

truth be told I'm not sure Mikal makes all that much sense anymore anyway.

I mean he can play SG sure, his best position is probably SF but sure he can play SG and I'm sure do it very well.

but the ideal player for us is one that can combine the Grimes/Deuce role, or the RJ/IQ role into one player who can then get 30mpg and can also handle the ball, play some point and create for others.

Mikal isn't a ballhandler, PG or creator, and he would take way too many minutes to allow another ballhandler/PG on the team to play.

I have the opposite take and am leaning towards him and Donovan being 1 and 1A targets. Even if the trade timeline isn’t this trade deadline or even this summer or next season, but this draft and summer are prob the most ideal Knicks timeframe.

If you are Knicks FO, you are building the best team you can around Brunson. From that lens you don’t worry too much about second unit ball handling, you ask yourself what’s the most attainable and best fit upgrade. Mikal is best fit next to Jalon, cause he is elite defender, elite spacer, huge upgrade over DDV while not negating DDV as he can easily move to bench. Mikal is not the most attainable and it’s gonna hurt, so you gotta find creative leverage solutions.

Finding and filling the leftover, vet min, second unit ball handler is easy. Especially if you riding with iHart, Randle, OG, Mikal, Brunson with some semblance of Deuce, DDV, Hart, Mitch off bench.

I mean it could work and I'd love to see it.

but It's not ideal and I don't see it happening.

I really think DJM is the best we can hope for right now. He has the size and ability to defend as a SG. He can run PG and get Brunson some rest on and off the court. he hits shots and has shown he can score in playoff environment even against tough defenses like MIA. he can handle the ball, play make and create his own. He's not only great backup for Brunson he's great insurance in the playoffs if Randle isn't up to the task again.

I mean in theory he does everything we need and replaces Grimes AND Deuce.

Now it could not work, it hasn't worked in ATL, though I think they are a poorly coached team and I think Trae is much more difficult to play with. but if the price is Grimes and 2 1sts its worth trying.

I'd be disappointed if he's not a Knick, we missed the boat big time not trading for KP, can't miss another shot at a low cost all star.

I have to tell you, I don’t even sweat the lost KP opportunity.

I’m so juiced to see another season from iHart with this new crew, especially if Thibs fully implements the Noah role with iHart shooting more. I think they taking an incremental dev approach with this guy. Ask him to play a full season. Ask him to shore up his D. Ask him to add to his playing times and perform. And now they got the cutters and shooters for has passing and will start to focus on that next year.

And then Mitch beasting on some second unit fawns.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
PassTheBall
Member: #5872
Norway
1/26/2024  5:19 AM
DeJounte is going to LAL.

Seems like Utah, Portland and the looming buyout market are holding up the proceedings.

Knicks are taking the wait and see approach while giving the last remaining youngsters on the team some valuable bench minutes (and they are responding well).

/PassTheBall
nycericanguy

1/26/2024  12:06 PM
The Atlanta Hawks guard has been linked to numerous teams in recent weeks and was reportedly at the center of trade talks with the Knicks. The two teams discussed a potential deal including one first-round pick, Quentin Grimes and the expiring contract of Evan Fournier, as Hoops Hype’s Michael Scotto first reported.

Whether the Knicks would have agreed to move forward with that deal is unknown, but as things stand currently, we may never know. This stems from the Hawks’ pursuit of a second first-round pick in a deal for Murray, an asset that Scotto reports the Knicks didn’t have “an appetite to move at this point.”

The addition of Murray would be a head-turning deal for the Knicks and still could be if the two sides ramp negotiations back up and come to terms on a deal. Tom Thibodeau’s squad appears to have turned a corner following the Anunoby trade, and now they’re focused on building off that to create a core that’s capable of competing for a title.

https://www.si.com/nba/2024/01/25/knicks-hawks-dejounte-murray-trade-rumors-news-update

nycericanguy

1/26/2024  12:06 PM
if we're willing to move Grimes and a 1st, a 2nd 1st shouldn't be off the table, make it the WSH 1st and call it a day
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/26/2024  12:23 PM
nycericanguy wrote:if we're willing to move Grimes and a 1st, a 2nd 1st shouldn't be off the table, make it the WSH 1st and call it a day

I don't think anyone really considers the protected Washington and Detroit firsts as actual firsts at the present time.

This is the Randle.
nycericanguy

1/26/2024  12:24 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:if we're willing to move Grimes and a 1st, a 2nd 1st shouldn't be off the table, make it the WSH 1st and call it a day

I don't think anyone really considers the protected Washington and Detroit firsts as actual firsts at the present time.

the DET pick has a good shot to convey in the teens, and the WSH pick if it doesnt convey is too early 2nds so that should be good enough.

EwingsGlass
USA
1/26/2024  12:26 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

the DET pick has a good shot to convey in the teens, and the WSH pick if it doesnt convey is too early 2nds so that should be good enough.

I don’t share your confidence.

This is the Randle.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/26/2024  12:40 PM

They don't want the Washington. Heck, I doubt the Knicks want the Washington first.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nycericanguy

1/26/2024  12:41 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

They don't want the Washington. Heck, I doubt the Knicks want the Washington first.

we've done well drafting, two shots in the early 30's is valuable.

ultimately I think the MIL and DET's pick should get it done.

BigDaddyG

1/26/2024  12:46 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

we've done well drafting, two shots in the early 30's is valuable.

ultimately I think the MIL and DET's pick should get it done.

Milwaukee yes. But they want a real pick back to recoup what they gave up to Sam Antonio. And it can't be a pick in this year's draft. If that's all it took, a trade probably would've taken place already.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

1/27/2024  12:45 AM
Wow, this Murray situation is bad.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/27/2024  8:47 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Wow, this Murray situation is bad.

I don't know what i'm reading exactly. Is this Murray and Young texting each other? If so, which one is Murray and which one is Young?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nycericanguy

1/27/2024  9:47 AM
man I dont even know what im supposed to be reading these days... but if DJM is really a headcase then I trust the FO did their homework there and that's why we are passing.
EwingsGlass
USA
1/27/2024  9:59 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

I don't know what i'm reading exactly. Is this Murray and Young texting each other? If so, which one is Murray and which one is Young?

The text on the left is allegedly Murray talking bout his role. Not sure who he is talking to. But because Murray’s name is at the top, it’s someone else’s phone and the text is purportedly from Murray.

This is the Randle.
nycericanguy

1/27/2024  10:00 AM
we've done a good job of bringing in high character guys. Feels like the only mistake in that sense was CAM and Thibs didn't even want him.
sealy
Member: #3291
USA
1/27/2024  10:36 AM
He looked great last night on the defensive end....
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/27/2024  10:49 AM
I read when Spurs traded him he was a bit of a case. Then he plays in a summer league game and starts talking **** to non nBA players. THat summer his rep was he was an arrogant headcase and pop was done with him.
Does that matter? He got a fresh start in ATL with a new “lockerroom” but perhaps when things go bad people start pointing fingers.

I recall some here said “Randle does the my dick bigger than your dick with Brunson” and I have not read anything or seen anything than Jules being cool with Brusnon who gets MVP chants. Jules has gotten his, but this is Jalens team now. I don’t read or see anything other than we have a team that likes each other. Mitch and Isiah despite being competitive for minutes (isiah wants to get paid) those two seem to be just fine. Evan, who is miserable only says things off season.
I’d expect DJM if he was bought here to not be a disruption but fall into a role on and off the court. I’ll give any player room to mature and grow. Seems Trae is a bit of dick and maybe as not earned the respect in the lockerroom. I was glad to hear how well IQ spoke of Jules when he was traded and how Jules said “those guys will always be special”. Nice story line for sure.
This is the kind of stuff that pending free agents or “Stars” should want to come over to. Thibs might not the easiest coach to play for but he gets you paid if you do your job. Josh, randle, Brunson, RJ, Mitch all be loyal and it has paid off. Knox, Frank, Iso Zo, and Cam amung others not so.

There is a level of professionalism that has existed and grown. Some are now calling it “Knick Culture”! Some players would welcome the challange and excel, others not and stay away.

DJM was traded from Spurs and that culture and is not getting along with ATL. I’ll give a guy a chance to grow but this is not a good look for DJM. If he wants NY, he will have respect what is here and how he can fit and excel in it.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/27/2024  10:57 AM
Nalod wrote:I read when Spurs traded him he was a bit of a case. Then he plays in a summer league game and starts talking **** to non nBA players. THat summer his rep was he was an arrogant headcase and pop was done with him.
Does that matter? He got a fresh start in ATL with a new “lockerroom” but perhaps when things go bad people start pointing fingers.

I recall some here said “Randle does the my dick bigger than your dick with Brunson” and I have not read anything or seen anything than Jules being cool with Brusnon who gets MVP chants. Jules has gotten his, but this is Jalens team now. I don’t read or see anything other than we have a team that likes each other. Mitch and Isiah despite being competitive for minutes (isiah wants to get paid) those two seem to be just fine. Evan, who is miserable only says things off season.
I’d expect DJM if he was bought here to not be a disruption but fall into a role on and off the court. I’ll give any player room to mature and grow. Seems Trae is a bit of dick and maybe as not earned the respect in the lockerroom. I was glad to hear how well IQ spoke of Jules when he was traded and how Jules said “those guys will always be special”. Nice story line for sure.
This is the kind of stuff that pending free agents or “Stars” should want to come over to. Thibs might not the easiest coach to play for but he gets you paid if you do your job. Josh, randle, Brunson, RJ, Mitch all be loyal and it has paid off. Knox, Frank, Iso Zo, and Cam amung others not so.

There is a level of professionalism that has existed and grown. Some are now calling it “Knick Culture”! Some players would welcome the challange and excel, others not and stay away.

DJM was traded from Spurs and that culture and is not getting along with ATL. I’ll give a guy a chance to grow but this is not a good look for DJM. If he wants NY, he will have respect what is here and how he can fit and excel in it.

Atlanta are willing to eat a 13M trade kicker to move him, so there's that.

BigDaddyG

1/27/2024  11:43 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

The text on the left is allegedly Murray talking bout his role. Not sure who he is talking to. But because Murray’s name is at the top, it’s someone else’s phone and the text is purportedly from Murray.

Atlanta Hawks Twitter guy was having a back and forth with Murray's dad and posted that DM Murray sent him.
DeJounte Murray vs MIA in playoffs - 23/7/7 with 2 steals per game and only 2 TO's in 38mpg on 45/38/100 shooting.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy