[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

DeJounte Murray vs MIA in playoffs - 23/7/7 with 2 steals per game and only 2 TO's in 38mpg on 45/38/100 shooting.
Author Thread
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/24/2024  8:08 PM
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:LOL should we read this as Knicks have drawn a line at Grimes, Fournier, and a very good 1st round pick and Brock doesn't wanna give up that 2nd first round pick yet?

Why would we hold unto any draft picks unless there is a better move out there- and I don’t see it.

To my thinking, you go all in because this year we are getting unique production from Randle and JB. Add Murray and I see that as maybe the best version of the Knicks we can build- unless there is some way Spider or Bridges can find a way here.

Have you met Brock Aller and his dancing back and forth and up and down the draft collecting second round picks along the way?

That mf negotiating and squeezing the last drop of water from that trade rock

Don't be the Ho who drops panties at the first 5 dolla holla, play hard to get and wait for the C note

I don’t know Brock or who is guiding our thinking. But I feel like Murray might be the best player/fit out there available. I would hate to miss out because we’re so eager to hold on to a later first round pick that we’re not going to make anyway.

Brunson and Randle are probably putting up their best years ever they’ll put up in their career. We have cap room/flexibility and chemistry. Our best chance with this group is this year, not next.

I will absolutely trust this FO. They have been exceptional and some of that has been luck.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/24/2024  8:43 PM
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:LOL should we read this as Knicks have drawn a line at Grimes, Fournier, and a very good 1st round pick and Brock doesn't wanna give up that 2nd first round pick yet?

Why would we hold unto any draft picks unless there is a better move out there- and I don’t see it.

To my thinking, you go all in because this year we are getting unique production from Randle and JB. Add Murray and I see that as maybe the best version of the Knicks we can build- unless there is some way Spider or Bridges can find a way here.

Have you met Brock Aller and his dancing back and forth and up and down the draft collecting second round picks along the way?

Don't be the Ho who drops panties at the first 5 dolla holla, play hard to get and wait for the C note

I don’t know Brock or who is guiding our thinking. But I feel like Murray might be the best player/fit out there available. I would hate to miss out because we’re so eager to hold on to a later first round pick that we’re not going to make anyway.

Brunson and Randle are probably putting up their best years ever they’ll put up in their career. We have cap room/flexibility and chemistry. Our best chance with this group is this year, not next.

I will absolutely trust this FO. They have been exceptional and some of that has been luck.

Here is my complete guess as to what could be going on. Complete guess with zero ounce of any tea leaves, but with a hint of my very own Hobbit style leaves.

Knicks kinda sorta have an understanding of what Atlanta wants for DJM. Hawks FO seems to have practically sent a memo to the whole league: 2 firsts and player that is not deadweight, preferabley on rookie contract. Grimes seems like he is the perfect fit next to Trae, or really any PG that is high scoring and needs ball in hands. POA defender and he doesn't need ball. Grimes has *potential* to be OG very very lite (with an obvious position and size difference) but he is also on a very very lite contract for this year and next, so that matches what Atlanta would want. And Grimes is the type of player like OG is, in that you can move him again to another team cause he is just one of those low usage players who are fungible/moveable glue guys.

Knicks would rather have Mikal or Donovan Mitchell than Dejounte. That just makes sense with no explanation needed. So they are attaching that problem to see if and when they could shake either of those guys loose FIRST. Maybe even get Dejounte now and then flip him later for either Mikal or Donovan but they need to make sure Cleveland or Brooklyn want Dejounte and CAA is OK with those teams and scenarios, cause those things matter. And so they are doing their homework, as Leon tends to do (ie. see OG, Brunson long term planning/scheming)

Knicks got 2 more weeks to push all of those paths and angles and trade scenarios that could happen now, at draft, or this summer and they need to flush out those conversations before they need to make a trade decision for Dejounte and Hawks. So why trade now when you got some time? Dejounte may be *your* fav player, but he is not the perfect fit for the Knicks FO or their team and they think they can do better or the trade would have already happened, Knicks move fast and without warning when they need to.

When making a move like this when you are in Knicks' position, you always go after your main targets first [even if they are only available now, months from now, this summer, or next year) and line up the secondary deals as fallback positions.

That's how these types [should] attack this type of problem.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/24/2024  9:27 PM
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Here is my complete guess as to what could be going on. Complete guess with zero ounce of any tea leaves, but with a hint of my very own Hobbit style leaves.

Knicks kinda sorta have an understanding of what Atlanta wants for DJM. Hawks FO seems to have practically sent a memo to the whole league: 2 firsts and player that is not deadweight, preferabley on rookie contract. Grimes seems like he is the perfect fit next to Trae, or really any PG that is high scoring and needs ball in hands. POA defender and he doesn't need ball. Grimes has *potential* to be OG very very lite (with an obvious position and size difference) but he is also on a very very lite contract for this year and next, so that matches what Atlanta would want. And Grimes is the type of player like OG is, in that you can move him again to another team cause he is just one of those low usage players who are fungible/moveable glue guys.

Knicks would rather have Mikal or Donovan Mitchell than Dejounte. That just makes sense with no explanation needed. So they are attaching that problem to see if and when they could shake either of those guys loose FIRST. Maybe even get Dejounte now and then flip him later for either Mikal or Donovan but they need to make sure Cleveland or Brooklyn want Dejounte and CAA is OK with those teams and scenarios, cause those things matter. And so they are doing their homework, as Leon tends to do (ie. see OG, Brunson long term planning/scheming)

Knicks got 2 more weeks to push all of those paths and angles and trade scenarios that could happen now, at draft, or this summer and they need to flush out those conversations before they need to make a trade decision for Dejounte and Hawks. So why trade now when you got some time? Dejounte may be *your* fav player, but he is not the perfect fit for the Knicks FO or their team and they think they can do better or the trade would have already happened, Knicks move fast and without warning when they need to.

When making a move like this when you are in Knicks' position, you always go after your main targets first [even if they are only available now, months from now, this summer, or next year) and line up the secondary deals as fallback positions.

The only thing your storyline is missing is the Rich Paul element. I would add that Rich Paul is controlling the player side and is trying hard to get Murray to Lebron’s court. LAL doesn’t have the assets to get Murray outright - DLo just isn’t there. LAL and Lebron are trying to pump DLo’s value. They pushed him back into the starting lineup. But the end of the day, I think he gets traded in a three team trade with Atlanta. Silver will make a call to protect their money.

I dunno. If it were as simple as Murray for Fournier, Grimes ans 2 firsts, I think it would be done already. They don’t have the cap space to take back Mitchell without giving up another core player. They might be hanging on to see if Mikal makes a demand, but his agent is KP’s agent and I’d guess 10+ teams would be calling if he becomes available.

So, I don’t think the Murray to NY is real. I think they are looking to see if McBride and Grimes can hang yet, and the answer might be no.

I think they will do something smaller like Kris Dunn and Kelly Olynyk for Fournier and either the NY or Dallas first. Won’t feel great for us, but we will shore up the rotation with two guys that can play their role.

This is the Randle.
martin
USA
1/24/2024  9:33 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:

The only thing your storyline is missing is the Rich Paul element. I would add that Rich Paul is controlling the player side and is trying hard to get Murray to Lebron’s court. LAL doesn’t have the assets to get Murray outright - DLo just isn’t there. LAL and Lebron are trying to pump DLo’s value. They pushed him back into the starting lineup. But the end of the day, I think he gets traded in a three team trade with Atlanta. Silver will make a call to protect their money.

I dunno. If it were as simple as Murray for Fournier, Grimes ans 2 firsts, I think it would be done already. They don’t have the cap space to take back Mitchell without giving up another core player. They might be hanging on to see if Mikal makes a demand, but his agent is KP’s agent and I’d guess 10+ teams would be calling if he becomes available.

So, I don’t think the Murray to NY is real. I think they are looking to see if McBride and Grimes can hang yet, and the answer might be no.

I think they will do something smaller like Kris Dunn and Kelly Olynyk for Fournier and either the NY or Dallas first. Won’t feel great for us, but we will shore up the rotation with two guys that can play their role.

Haha I meant to put in Klutch but mixed it up as CAA in one of my sentences. Dejounte is with Klutch, and if the Knicks wanted to trade for him and then flip him later on, they would need to line that up with Klutch and Cleveland/Brooklyn.

ESOMKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6064

1/25/2024  1:14 PM
If it is true that the Hawks were ready to give us Murray for Fournier+Grimes+ 2 first rounders, and that we balked at giving them the 2nd first rounder -- then this is some number 1 bull$&&t.
Murray would take us to elite level. Best move out there for the next 5 years of our leaders' primes.
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/25/2024  1:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2024  1:52 PM
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Knicks kinda sorta have an understanding of what Atlanta wants for DJM. Hawks FO seems to have practically sent a memo to the whole league: 2 firsts and player that is not deadweight, preferabley on rookie contract. Grimes seems like he is the perfect fit next to Trae, or really any PG that is high scoring and needs ball in hands. POA defender and he doesn't need ball. Grimes has *potential* фотоto be OG very very lite (with an obvious position and size difference) but he is also on a very very lite contract for this year and next, so that matches what Atlanta would want. And Grimes is the type of player like OG is, in that you can move him again to another team cause he is just one of those low usage players who are fungible/moveable glue guys.

This is a great take on what's going on. I would just like to add that between the 3 of them it is not so clear cut. From my perspective, we don't want to disrupt the starting lineup chemistry. DDV is a top notch starter right now. Exactly what we need. Better shooter from the 3 than the other two guys. A bit of shot creation and passing, but his 3 point percentage is better. If we were to move him to the bench we lose that because of the spacing problems and the lack of assists. We would absolutely not be putting him in a situation that maximizes his game. Right now he is perfect.
The question is right now, from what I can see is to bring in someone who would be our #1 guy off the bench. Donovan and Mikal are not that. They will never accept that role, for better or worse. DJM might.? I am just making **** up now , but you can see where I am coming from. So the question is who we can get for the bench that would be all that. No drama.Rather shot creation and assists for Deuce, Hart, Precious and Co.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/25/2024  2:13 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:If it is true that the Hawks were ready to give us Murray for Fournier+Grimes+ 2 first rounders, and that we balked at giving them the 2nd first rounder -- then this is some number 1 bull$&&t.
Murray would take us to elite level. Best move out there for the next 5 years of our leaders' primes.

The Knicks FO, a long with other teams, don't agree with that assessment. Atlanta needs to accept reality and give up on the idea of recouping the assets they gave up to get Murray.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

1/25/2024  3:31 PM
Hawks demands are too high. Also curious to see if Monte's return makes Alec even more expendable.
https://theathletic.com/5225829/2024/01/25/pistons-nba-trade-deadline-2024/
The feeling is that the Pistons will make at least one more trade between now and the Feb. 8 deadline. Will it be big or small? Time will tell, but Detroit will have options either way.

As the deadline inches closer and closer, here’s what I’ve been hearing over the last few weeks regarding Detroit:

• The Pistons view Cade Cunningham, Ausar Thompson, Jaden Ivey and Jalen Duren as their blue-chip pieces moving forward. Per league sources, the feeling is that Detroit has no interest in trading any four of those players in the immediate future.

• A few weeks back, the Atlanta Hawks initiated a trade discussion with the Pistons centered around Dejounte Murray, league sources told The Athletic. The Hawks were interested in Thompson/Ivey and other stuff of good value. Detroit had no interest, according to league sources.

• Similarly, the Chicago Bulls and Pistons have had conversations involving Zach LaVine, league sources say. Chicago appears to be locked in on a package involving Bojan Bogdanović and one of Detroit’s blue-chippers for LaVine and his hefty contract. Once again, the Pistons have shown no interest in parting with any of Cunningham, Ivey, Duren or Thompson. It is possible Detroit considers adding LaVine when/if the Bulls’ asking price goes down. However, those are discussions that have been happening and will continue to happen internally.

The Bulls’ Zach LaVine drives to the basket over Pistons forward Marvin Bagley III. (Kamil Krzaczynski / USA Today)
• Flint native Monté Morris made his season debut on Wednesday night after missing the first 43 games with a pair of injuries. Per league sources, rival teams like and have expressed interest in Morris but, obviously, want to see the veteran guard play leading up to the deadline. Detroit, too, wants to see what Morris provides after returning from injury. I’ve gotten the sense that it is not a given the Pistons will move Morris, who addresses several issues in Detroit’s backcourt when healthy.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

1/25/2024  3:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2024  3:36 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Hawks demands are too high. Also curious to see if Monte's return makes Alec even more expendable.
The feeling is that the Pistons will make at least one more trade between now and the Feb. 8 deadline. Will it be big or small? Time will tell, but Detroit will have options either way.

As the deadline inches closer and closer, here’s what I’ve been hearing over the last few weeks regarding Detroit:

• The Pistons view Cade Cunningham, Ausar Thompson, Jaden Ivey and Jalen Duren as their blue-chip pieces moving forward. Per league sources, the feeling is that Detroit has no interest in trading any four of those players in the immediate future.

• A few weeks back, the Atlanta Hawks initiated a trade discussion with the Pistons centered around Dejounte Murray, league sources told The Athletic. The Hawks were interested in Thompson/Ivey and other stuff of good value. Detroit had no interest, according to league sources.

• Similarly, the Chicago Bulls and Pistons have had conversations involving Zach LaVine, league sources say. Chicago appears to be locked in on a package involving Bojan Bogdanović and one of Detroit’s blue-chippers for LaVine and his hefty contract. Once again, the Pistons have shown no interest in parting with any of Cunningham, Ivey, Duren or Thompson. It is possible Detroit considers adding LaVine when/if the Bulls’ asking price goes down. However, those are discussions that have been happening and will continue to happen internally.

The Bulls’ Zach LaVine drives to the basket over Pistons forward Marvin Bagley III. (Kamil Krzaczynski / USA Today)
• Flint native Monté Morris made his season debut on Wednesday night after missing the first 43 games with a pair of injuries. Per league sources, rival teams like and have expressed interest in Morris but, obviously, want to see the veteran guard play leading up to the deadline. Detroit, too, wants to see what Morris provides after returning from injury. I’ve gotten the sense that it is not a given the Pistons will move Morris, who addresses several issues in Detroit’s backcourt when healthy.

All I've read is ATL wanting a young player and a couple of picks or some combo of that. I don't think that's too high unless you expect to get DJM for a late 1st. If I'm ATL i'd just keep him before taking almost nothing back.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/25/2024  3:48 PM
It’s really just another indication that we value Grimes.
BigDaddyG

1/25/2024  4:17 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Hawks demands are too high. Also curious to see if Monte's return makes Alec even more expendable.

All I've read is ATL wanting a young player and a couple of picks or some combo of that. I don't think that's too high unless you expect to get DJM for a late 1st. If I'm ATL i'd just keep him before taking almost nothing back.

Ausar Thompson, Jaden Ivey and "other stuff of good value" is too high. Latest reports of two first rounders (presumably unprotected) and a starter is also too high and I think it's shows in the fact that a deal hasn't been done yet. Yes talent plays a part, but so does the current market.

nycericanguy

1/25/2024  4:33 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:

Ausar Thompson, Jaden Ivey and "other stuff of good value" is too high. Latest reports of two first rounders (presumably unprotected) and a starter is also too high and I think it's shows in the fact that a deal hasn't been done yet. Yes talent plays a part, but so does the current market.

Hawks have no need to rush, lots of teams take these things to the deadline.

IDK why DET would want DJM anyway, but if they did, then Ivey and a pick isn't asking alot. I doubt they'd expect ALL of those things.

BigDaddyG

1/25/2024  4:48 PM
nycericanguy wrote:Hawks have no need to rush, lots of teams take these things to the deadline.

IDK why DET would want DJM anyway, but if they did, then Ivey and a pick isn't asking alot. I doubt they'd expect ALL of those things.

I honestly don't think he gets moved until the off season. It's not like the Hawks are going anywhere. They're still a play-in team.

nycericanguy

1/25/2024  5:03 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:Hawks have no need to rush, lots of teams take these things to the deadline.

I honestly don't think he gets moved until the off season. It's not like the Hawks are going anywhere. They're still a play-in team.

hope not, we could really use him for the playoffs.

I think ATL has their own pick this year so trading Capella and DJM and tanking a bit could benefit them.

if we wait for summer we might as well bring Rokas over and see what he can do.

martin
USA
1/25/2024  5:09 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I think ATL has their own pick this year so trading Capella and DJM and tanking a bit could benefit them.

I have to tell you, I don’t think the Knicks trade for Dejounte unless they know/think they can flip him later on for Mikal or Donovan (or other) when the time is right.

nycericanguy

1/25/2024  5:12 PM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I have to tell you, I don’t think the Knicks trade for Dejounte unless they know/think they can flip him later on for Mikal or Donovan (or other) when the time is right.

I dont think theres any concrete way of knowing that.

CLE won't trade DM unless they have to.

and BK isn't trading us Mikal, just don't see it. The only way I thought it could have been even remotely possible was with a blow me away kind of offer like RJ, IQ and 3-4 1sts. But that's obviously off the table now.

I also dont think we are going to wait around waiting, at this point Brunson is probably better than DM, and that's not something we could have imagined when we were trying to get DM last year.

martin
USA
1/25/2024  5:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2024  5:27 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

and BK isn't trading us Mikal, just don't see it. The only way I thought it could have been even remotely possible was with a blow me away kind of offer like RJ, IQ and 3-4 1sts. But that's obviously off the table now.

I also dont think we are going to wait around waiting, at this point Brunson is probably better than DM, and that's not something we could have imagined when we were trying to get DM last year.

There are harsh realities for Cleveland. If you are their FO and had made the original trade - picks, Lauri, Sexton, etc, - and then this summer comes and then Donovan announces he won’t resign with Cleveland ala Siakam’ish - you are ****ed. Every other team will lowball you to death and sit and wait until you are cornered.

And then you are the FO that traded away a lot for a guy you are forced into a tough position of recouping what you just lost. And you don’t have a job any more cause this is a problem of your own making.

Not an unrealistic position and one the Cleveland FO has to play defense on. Cause a poor playoff performance on another first round exit with Donovan at the helm is also nearly the same trap. Mobley and Garland have missed a ton of games and you can get away with it in regular season but you will get blown away if one of those guys isn’t there and fully performing.

martin
USA
1/25/2024  5:30 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

2 months ago, what was your thought on NY and Toronto making an OG deal after the lawsuit stupidity?

It’ll boil down to who got some leverage we don’t know or hear about, and that means Mikal forcing stuff.

nycericanguy

1/25/2024  5:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2024  5:41 PM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

2 months ago, what was your thought on NY and Toronto making an OG deal after the lawsuit stupidity?

It’ll boil down to who got some leverage we don’t know or hear about, and that means Mikal forcing stuff.

truth be told I'm not sure Mikal makes all that much sense anymore anyway.

I mean he can play SG sure, his best position is probably SF but sure he can play SG and I'm sure do it very well.

but the ideal player for us is one that can combine the Grimes/Deuce role, or the RJ/IQ role into one player who can then get 30mpg and can also handle the ball, play some point and create for others.

Mikal isn't a ballhandler, PG or creator, and he would take way too many minutes to allow another ballhandler/PG on the team to play.

martin
USA
1/25/2024  5:52 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

truth be told I'm not sure Mikal makes all that much sense anymore anyway.

I mean he can play SG sure, his best position is probably SF but sure he can play SG and I'm sure do it very well.

but the ideal player for us is one that can combine the Grimes/Deuce role, or the RJ/IQ role into one player who can then get 30mpg and can also handle the ball, play some point and create for others.

Mikal isn't a ballhandler, PG or creator, and he would take way too many minutes to allow another ballhandler/PG on the team to play.

I have the opposite take and am leaning towards him and Donovan being 1 and 1A targets. Even if the trade timeline isn’t this trade deadline or even this summer or next season, but this draft and summer are prob the most ideal Knicks timeframe.

If you are Knicks FO, you are building the best team you can around Brunson. From that lens you don’t worry too much about second unit ball handling, you ask yourself what’s the most attainable and best fit upgrade. Mikal is best fit next to Jalon, cause he is elite defender, elite spacer, huge upgrade over DDV while not negating DDV as he can easily move to bench. Mikal is not the most attainable and it’s gonna hurt, so you gotta find creative leverage solutions.

Finding and filling the leftover, vet min, second unit ball handler is easy. Especially if you riding with iHart, Randle, OG, Mikal, Brunson with some semblance of Deuce, DDV, Hart, Mitch off bench.

DeJounte Murray vs MIA in playoffs - 23/7/7 with 2 steals per game and only 2 TO's in 38mpg on 45/38/100 shooting.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy