[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Any thoughts on Jordan Clarkson
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
1/3/2024  12:02 AM
I know he is in Utah, and I know it is Ainge but he is probably cheaper than DJM, or DM (I like Donovan but I can't get around to the idea he is a fit on this current team).

Fournier and a pick for Clarkson works. He slides right into the 2 spot, can be a ball handler, create his own shot and score. He has the same defensive rating as Murray (120). Same type of size.

Like I said I know it's ainge but salary wise we don't have alot to send out in a trade, so they need to be smart with how they use Fournier. Fournier for Clarkson works straight up money wise.

~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/3/2024  10:51 AM
Yes I like him as an option similar to Brogdon or Rozier. We should really add someone that level to solidify the bench.
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/3/2024  10:55 AM
If he were the final piece I'd say yes, but he is going to cost much and we need our picks to build out the bench or trade for a star.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/3/2024  11:15 AM
Rookie wrote:If he were the final piece I'd say yes, but he is going to cost much and we need our picks to build out the bench or trade for a star.

How many and what quality of picks do you think it would take on a scale of Josh Hart to Rudy Gobert? I'm thinking a first rounder, but Ainge is gonna Ainge.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/3/2024  11:19 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Rookie wrote:If he were the final piece I'd say yes, but he is going to cost much and we need our picks to build out the bench or trade for a star.

How many and what quality of picks do you think it would take on a scale of Josh Hart to Rudy Gobert? I'm thinking a first rounder, but Ainge is gonna Ainge.

Ainge is a wildcard...and...he doesn't value protected picks

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/3/2024  11:40 AM
No reason to give up assets for any of these type of guys tbh. Players like Gordan Hayward will be cheap vet FA that could slide in at SF/PF offering all around skills at the SF/PF position that's solely needed.

This coming draft has about 10 PG prospects for the first round. Not counting our own stashed prospect Rokus.

Also don't like how most of these scenarios basically have Knicks paying Josh Hart $18mil to be a 6'4 20min backup SF/PF.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG

1/3/2024  11:49 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:No reason to give up assets for any of these type of guys tbh. Players like Gordan Hayward will be cheap vet FA that could slide in at SF/PF offering all around skills at the SF/PF position that's solely needed.

This coming draft has about 10 PG prospects for the first round. Not counting our own stashed prospect Rokus.

Also don't like how most of these scenarios basically have Knicks paying Josh Hart $18mil to be a 6'4 20min backup SF/PF.

It's the same as last year (hopefully). We have two first-rounders this year. We can spare one to get a quality rotation guy, assuming a big fish doesn't come on the hook this season. The FO has shown it's patience, but I think the team would still be OK.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/3/2024  12:44 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:No reason to give up assets for any of these type of guys tbh. Players like Gordan Hayward will be cheap vet FA that could slide in at SF/PF offering all around skills at the SF/PF position that's solely needed.

It's the same as last year (hopefully). We have two first-rounders this year. We can spare one to get a quality rotation guy, assuming a big fish doesn't come on the hook this season. The FO has shown it's patience, but I think the team would still be OK.

Give me Tyler Smith and DJ Wagner at the draft. Sign Hayward as stop gap to mentor Smith. Hypnotize Thibs into allowing Hartenstien to shoot and develop his three point shot.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG

1/3/2024  1:34 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Give me Tyler Smith and DJ Wagner at the draft. Sign Hayward as stop gap to mentor Smith. Hypnotize Thibs into allowing Hartenstien to shoot and develop his three point shot.

I know Wagner has picked it up a bit, but still not crazy about him. Wouldn't mind taking a shot Smith if he's still available.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
1/5/2024  9:50 AM
Clarkson is having a horrible season shooting the ball (38& from the field and 34% from three) and Ainge is never going to make a trade with us anyway.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/5/2024  9:58 AM
SergioNYK wrote:Clarkson is having a horrible season shooting the ball (38& from the field and 34% from three) and Ainge is never going to make a trade with us anyway.

Remind to why Danny won't deal with us?

SergioNYK
USA
1/5/2024  10:38 AM
Nalod wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:Clarkson is having a horrible season shooting the ball (38& from the field and 34% from three) and Ainge is never going to make a trade with us anyway.

You serious?

Nalod
USA
1/5/2024  11:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/5/2024  11:37 AM
SergioNYK wrote:
Nalod wrote:

You serious?

Because he wanted to rape us for DM but we said no?
Knicks and Toronto are banging it out in court and we made a mutually beneficial deal. Been reading from fans here how that **** was never going to happen and yet Nalod tells you weeks ago that should not matter. Not saying I called the trade, I said if it made sense they do a deal. They did. Why? It was best for the teams.
So what is it about Danny that would prevent him from moving JOrdan phucking Clarkson that would be so god awful to either party?
Danny got more picks then sense so He don't need anymore. What do we have that can help him win games. Tanking is not on the table this year.

SergioNYK
USA
1/5/2024  11:44 AM
Nalod wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:
Nalod wrote:

You serious?

Pretty much. Ainge will never do a fair trade with us. Do you want to severely overpay for Clarkson?

Nalod
USA
1/5/2024  11:49 AM
SergioNYK wrote:
Nalod wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:
Nalod wrote:

You serious?

Pretty much. Ainge will never do a fair trade with us. Do you want to severely overpay for Clarkson?

Why would ainge "Never do a fair deal with us?" Because he used knicks to create a market to bid up the price of DM?

SergioNYK
USA
1/5/2024  11:54 AM
Nalod wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:
Nalod wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:
Nalod wrote:

You serious?

Why would ainge "Never do a fair deal with us?" Because he used knicks to create a market to bid up the price of DM?

Ainge left a bad taste and if I remember correctly and didn't give Leon and co. a chance to counter offer the Cleveland final package. I don't see these two coming to an agreement on a fair trade for both sides. Plus Clarkson kind of sucks now. Would prefer Murray or Brogdan.

Nalod
USA
1/5/2024  12:05 PM
SergioNYK wrote:
Nalod wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:
Nalod wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:
Nalod wrote:

You serious?

Ainge left a bad taste and if I remember correctly and didn't give Leon and co. a chance to counter offer the Cleveland final package. I don't see these two coming to an agreement on a fair trade for both sides. Plus Clarkson kind of sucks now. Would prefer Murray or Brogdan.

Are you serious? That's it? Its your bad taste, and your entitled to it.
Granted, in hindsight we did not know JB would be this good. I don't love DM paired with JB on paper.
I really like DM and get the starphuch of it. Its tempting.

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
1/5/2024  2:26 PM
Nalod wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:
Nalod wrote:

You serious?

Knicks and Toronto are banging it out in court and we made a mutually beneficial deal. Been reading from fans here how that **** was never going to happen and yet Nalod tells you weeks ago that should not matter. Not saying I called the trade, I said if it made sense they do a deal. They did. Why? It was best for the teams.
So what is it about Danny that would prevent him from moving JOrdan phucking Clarkson that would be so god awful to either party?
Danny got more picks then sense so He don't need anymore. What do we have that can help him win games. Tanking is not on the table this year.

Did you just go third person on him? Damn Joe says Nalod is serious!

~You can't run from who you are.~
Nalod
USA
1/5/2024  2:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/5/2024  4:52 PM
joec32033 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:
Nalod wrote:

You serious?

Did you just go third person on him? Damn Joe says Nalod is serious!

Nalod goes 4th if need be!
"Nalod be here to tell you that it was Nalod who told you if a deal is there, they will do it".....
Not sure it was needed though.

But Nalod will tell you first hand that maybe it was Leon that got Cleveland to pony up more as we were in there trying?
Maybe it was Leon that tried to get him at a low price knowing we could resign him?
That was had Brunson meant we were not desperate.
Danny did what was best for him and got a hell of a deal for DM! I admire the haul he got.
In the end Minny with Rudy needed more time to figure it out? Right now Minny in first place. Ebb and flow.
Utah looked genius out the gate last year. This year? Not so good. Sexton and Markennen are fine talents but that team kind of sucks.
It was supposed to in a rebuild.
Maybe the era of all those picks for a trade are one gone by?
OKC made out like bandits for moving PG13 as they did.
but if Clippers can stay healthy they right now look as good as anyone. I doubt they can. But......

Any thoughts on Jordan Clarkson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy