[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Argument For Demar Derozan
Author Thread
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/2/2024  2:23 PM
Perfect 6th man instant offense veteran leader for the second unit. Should cost Evan, 1 FRP and filler or we could sign him as a FA in off offseason. He has a few years left and is a perfect fit for a playoff team. At 34 y.o's he could be sold on a bench role as long as he's getting 24 MPG. I think Chicago will do him a solid and move him to a playoff team on his preferred destination list at the deadline. The Knicks are on this list.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/2/2024  2:41 PM
no.. just keep the picks and draft some guys. Grimes and Josh are great off the bench right now.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Rookie

1/2/2024  2:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2024  3:48 PM
Rookie wrote:Perfect 6th man instant offense veteran leader for the second unit. Should cost Evan, 1 FRP and filler or we could sign him as a FA in off offseason. He has a few years left and is a perfect fit for a playoff team. At 34 y.o's he could be sold on a bench role as long as he's getting 24 MPG. I think Chicago will do him a solid and move him to a playoff team on his preferred destination list at the deadline. The Knicks are on this list.

I could definitely go down that road also. If we use one FRP in a trade, we still have one and a middle 2nd rounder. I think Derozan would be a good low cost fit and instantly step into his role here. Sandwich him between Grimes and Hart and even McBride, all defensive minded players, and the fit could be good.

nycericanguy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9127

1/2/2024  2:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2024  2:52 PM
no thanks not even for free, rather see what Grimes can grow into.

I'm sure CHI would gladly take a 1st for him but I don't see it happening, I think they'll end up moving him for a pair of second rounders.

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

1/2/2024  3:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2024  3:05 PM
nycericanguy wrote:no thanks not even for free, rather see what Grimes can grow into.

I'm sure CHI would gladly take a 1st for him but I don't see it happening, I think they'll end up moving him for a pair of second rounders.

Even for free...man o man ... Come on man. Put your fandom for Grimes down and think 🤔 when the playoffs come and teams have to play half court ball DeRozan could make the difference. Not saying, get him but got to consider the potential deals first

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/2/2024  3:07 PM
fishmike wrote:no.. just keep the picks and draft some guys. Grimes and Josh are great off the bench right now.

I agree with this... lets put some love and energy and patience into Grimes. He's got a lot to offer. Patience

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Alpha1971

1/2/2024  3:14 PM
fishmike wrote:
fishmike wrote:no.. just keep the picks and draft some guys. Grimes and Josh are great off the bench right now.

I agree with this... lets put some love and energy and patience into Grimes. He's got a lot to offer. Patience

Pack Grime's lunch box and kiss him the forehead when he is off to practice too

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/2/2024  3:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2024  5:55 PM
i could support Demar on this team though not entirely sure about cost or exact role

He hits his shots when he needs to; gets to the line. Has some swagger. Could be good for the playoffs

I think we're more interested in higher caliber players but could see him as a sixth man type

I don't view JHart or Grimes in that role because they don't have that kind of offensive game. they're more of a complementary offensive player. Demarr is more of give me the ball and I'll get a bucket or get to the line

(5)(5)
Alpha1971

1/2/2024  3:31 PM
Chandler wrote:i could support Demar on this team though not entirely sure about cost or exact role

He hits his shots when he needs to; gets to the line. Has some swagger. Could be good for the playoffs

I think we're more interested in higher caliber players but could see him as a sixth man type

I don't view JHart or Grimes in that role because they don't have that kind of offensive game. they're more of a complementary offensive player. Demarr is more of give me the bucket and I'll get a bucket or get to the line

Off the bench would be crazy, Jimmy Butlerish. But it depends on the price.

Rookie

1/2/2024  3:46 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
Chandler wrote:i could support Demar on this team though not entirely sure about cost or exact role

I don't view JHart or Grimes in that role because they don't have that kind of offensive game. they're more of a complementary offensive player. Demarr is more of give me the bucket and I'll get a bucket or get to the line

Off the bench would be crazy, Jimmy Butlerish. But it depends on the price.

Imagine Derozan feasting on other teams bench guys.

MS
Member: #724
1/2/2024  4:05 PM
We are asking DeRozan to be a 6th man?

You know he averages 22.4pts 5.4ass 3.8rbs on 45% shooting and is a back to back all star and clutch player. If the price

Fournier, Dallas pick, maybe 1 other pick works. It would be nice to hang onto grimes and DDV. Don’t want him going to Miami which is where they’re maybe leverage. He’s really good and can score 20 in a player series. Does make us right there at the top.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/2/2024  4:14 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:no thanks not even for free, rather see what Grimes can grow into.

Even for free...man o man ... Come on man. Put your fandom for Grimes down and think 🤔 when the playoffs come and teams have to play half court ball DeRozan could make the difference. Not saying, get him but got to consider the potential deals first

This. Proven players not fan dreams.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Alpha1971

1/2/2024  4:32 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

This. Proven players not fan dreams.

Man I get it, I have been blinded by fan optimism. But what is Grimes right now Trent Tucker ? What's his potential to be at best, not Demar DeRozan even at his age. It all depends on the price. I want the team to make a trade let's explore the options. Our starting five, with DDV is fine if we get Brogdon or DeRozan. If we get Murray that's a great starting 5 with either DDV or Grimes off the bench. Then we just need a center for the bench. We have to give it a shot in the playoffs we can make a run like the Heat did last year. Never give up on a season

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/2/2024  5:03 PM
A lot of variables with this though. Like him accepting coming off the bench. They move for Derozan I don't see Thibs making him a 6th man. He is going to start at SG.

Trading for Derozan and him accepting 24min bench role doesn't seem like a realistic scenario to me. He gets 37mins now and puts up 22pts per. I doubt he views himself as a past it player just looking to contribute as a role player.

Then there is the fact that spacing wise may not be an issue but could very well be a major issue. Is he going to sit during crunch time? mins? Or will we be putting out the lineup of Brunson, Derozan, OG, Randle, Hartenstein basically 2 players who can knock down the 3 consistently out of 5. And 3 players that do their best with the ball in their hands and not really much of the little things without it.

Donte & Hart are both cappable of 14ppg. Only really need a backup PG to give Brunson a breather. And we should be looking for a productive shooter to offer more scoring output to the roster from the forward position.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/2/2024  6:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2024  6:30 PM
Rookie wrote:Perfect 6th man instant offense veteran leader for the second unit. Should cost Evan, 1 FRP and filler or we could sign him as a FA in off offseason. He has a few years left and is a perfect fit for a playoff team. At 34 y.o's he could be sold on a bench role as long as he's getting 24 MPG. I think Chicago will do him a solid and move him to a playoff team on his preferred destination list at the deadline. The Knicks are on this list.

i mentioned contracts in the og trade thread but what's the filler?

derozan makes $28 mil. fournier about $19 mil.

do the knicks have $10 mil filler contracts to deal? i don't think you do w/o trading mitch/hart/donte.

Rookie

1/2/2024  7:52 PM
djsunyc wrote:

i mentioned contracts in the og trade thread but what's the filler?

derozan makes $28 mil. fournier about $19 mil.

do the knicks have $10 mil filler contracts to deal? i don't think you do w/o trading mitch/hart/donte.

That’s why we have Brock Aller but I humbly submit that I was easily able to make a trade work on trade checker without adding any rotation players. Fournier, Flynn and Jeffries for example.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/2/2024  8:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2024  8:20 PM

He would be great as a 6th man but I highly doubt he would be interested in that role long term and he’s about to be a free agent. I guess you can start him and pull him early to play with the second unit.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

1/2/2024  11:14 PM

OG add changes some things for sure. Without OG I’d say no way on DeRozan but with OG it’s possible he could work especially as a primary facilitator with bench unit where we could surround him with solid defensive group of Deuce/DD/Hart/OG.

Still feels clunky because he’s not a spacer if he plays with Ju/Jalen

LivingLegend

1/2/2024  11:15 PM

I trust Grimes as much as I trust my own shot making and decision making (not much).

LivingLegend

1/2/2024  11:18 PM
MS wrote:We are asking DeRozan to be a 6th man?

You know he averages 22.4pts 5.4ass 3.8rbs on 45% shooting and is a back to back all star and clutch player. If the price

Fournier, Dallas pick, maybe 1 other pick works. It would be nice to hang onto grimes and DDV. Don’t want him going to Miami which is where they’re maybe leverage. He’s really good and can score 20 in a player series. Does make us right there at the top.

It’s more he gets featured with bench unit - not sure I could see Thibs not starting him.

Demar is underrated passer so he could be primary initiator next to a Deuce or DD if we juggle line-ups.

The Argument For Demar Derozan

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy