[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The RJ appreciation thread...
Author Thread
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/1/2024  11:42 AM
Most frustrating Knick of my lifetime? Maybe.

Still, he was a class act, zero drama, and part of the reversal of fortune for the franchise.

Pre-migraine RJ was exciting, as well as last year's playoff RJ.

Good luck in Toronto RJ! Once a Knick, yada yada.

P.S. - May you never hit another layup in MSG.

AUTOADVERT
ToddTT
1/1/2024  11:45 AM
JesseDark
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #467
1/1/2024  12:41 PM
Good luck RJ. I will always remember that buzz beater to beat Boston lst year.
Bring back dee-fense
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/1/2024  12:45 PM
Very likeable, despite the flaws in his game. Hope he finds consistency in Toronto for 78 games a year.
Alpha1971
Member: #9006

1/1/2024  1:00 PM
ToddTT wrote:Most frustrating Knick of my lifetime? Maybe.

Still, he was a class act, zero drama, and part of the reversal of fortune for the franchise.

Really most frustrating ? Knicks have a long string of frustrating players

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/1/2024  1:05 PM
Most durable player on the Knicks since being drafted, by far. Didnt shy away from contact either. For all RJ's shooting woes, he did leave with a legit dribble drive. Barrett could barely make a layup when he got here, without it rimming out.

RJ was a class act from start to finish, if anyone deserved to be traded back to their hometown, it was the "Maple Mamba".

ToddTT
1/1/2024  1:10 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:

Versus expectations and hope.

Who am I missing? I'm sure a few.

Alpha1971

1/1/2024  1:14 PM
ToddTT wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

Eddy Curry, Frank Nlikina, Knox

ToddTT
1/1/2024  1:22 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

Eddy Curry, Frank Nlikina, Knox

Good list. Personally I had low/no expectations for them. RJ wins. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/1/2024  8:03 PM
RJ was a great part of our rebuild. He can still be that but for the Raptors now. Dangerous when penetrating the d, below average everywhere else. Most blocked player in the league at some point ( no I don't have the numbers to back that up) If he can improve from the 3, the free throws, the dishing off of drives he could be a star. He hasn't really showed it here with any consistency. Still lots of room to grow and good luck to RJ. OAKAAK
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Alpha1971

1/1/2024  8:14 PM
If the salary cap was more lenient he would have been perfect as a back up 4 and 3 for us. Very good player. Wish he could still be on the team paired with OG but it wasn't possible
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
1/1/2024  8:19 PM
Sad to see him go, but the Knicks seem all-in on Randle and Brunson as their first and second options. In that set up, RJ wasn’t an ideal pairing for either of those two, let alone both. Not enough playmaking nor shooting. He must well look like a star on a different team.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Alpha1971

1/1/2024  8:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/1/2024  8:23 PM
What did Jonathan Macri say about RJ ? These Knicks content creators are something else. Unsubscribed
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
1/1/2024  8:42 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:What did Jonathan Macri say about RJ ? These Knicks content creators are something else. Unsubscribed

Haven't listened to thay one yet but if it was anything like Locked on Knicks it will be a **** on RJ podcast. Gets annoying when these guys can't temper bull**** and realize they can't just dump on a player for hours on end. We get it. Quickley is God and RJ shouldn't be in the league. I listened for an hour about how RJ did nothing to earn his spot.

The one podcast had Bill Simmons on and when he pointed out how Quick was schemed out in the playoffs it was brushed off yet RJ can't catch a break with these guys. Now 7 year vet OG is going to make a leap when these guys said year 5 RJ (at 3 years youger)is done. Then I think Simmons said at year 4 or 5 you kind of are what you are (I have heard that and used that argument before), but year 7 OG is gonna make that leap, you watch.

~You can't run from who you are.~
Alpha1971

1/1/2024  8:47 PM
joec32033 wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:What did Jonathan Macri say about RJ ? These Knicks content creators are something else. Unsubscribed

Haven't listened to thay one yet but if it was anything like Locked on Knicks it will be a **** on RJ podcast. Gets annoying when these guys can't temper bull**** and realize they can't just dump on a player for hours on end. We get it. Quickley is God and RJ shouldn't be in the league. I listened for an hour about how RJ did nothing to earn his spot.

The one podcast had Bill Simmons on and when he pointed out how Quick was schemed out in the playoffs it was brushed off yet RJ can't catch a break with these guys. Now 7 year vet OG is going to make a leap when these guys said year 5 RJ (at 3 years youger)is done. Then I think Simmons said at year 4 or 5 you kind of are what you are (I have heard that and used that argument before), but year 7 OG is gonna make that leap, you watch.

These podcasters are guys who never even interact with these players. They are the same as us just they have a microphone and a camera. They create a channel and people take them seriously and then they take themselves even more serious. Macri is a school teacher, dear me. RJ is a player and he had to talk crap about him, personally, why ? It's not like RJ killed someone like the former Nets player Williams. Man no wonder why players don't want to play in NYC

joec32033
USA
1/1/2024  8:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/1/2024  8:53 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:

These podcasters are guys who never even interact with these players. They are the same as us just they have a microphone and a camera. They create a channel and people take them seriously and then they take themselves even more serious. Macri is a school teacher, dear me. RJ is a player and he had to talk crap about him, personally, why ? It's not like RJ killed someone like the former Nets player Williams. Man no wonder why players don't want to play in NYC

Macri always **** on him and if it is as bad as you say, I'm may unsubscribe too. I wanted to be a journalist in my younger years. Went to college for it. When you talk there has to be some balance. Especially sports because nothing is concrete and you can make advanced stats say anything you want. Shit, I just posted in the trade thread the other day where now that he is out of NY CBS sports posted a graphick with RJ in the same class as Tatum, Doncic, Lebron, and Durant at age 23...

https://www.facebook.com/share/kADXB9mgJRU7L1g3/?mibextid=xfxF2i

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/1/2024  8:57 PM
joec32033 wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:

Macri always **** on him and if it is as bad as you say, I'm may unsubscribe too. I wanted to be a journalist in my younger years. Went to college for it. When you talk there has to be some balance. Especially sports because nothing is concrete and you can make advanced stats say anything you want. Shit, I just posted in the trade thread the other day where now that he is out of NY CBS sports posted a graphick with RJ in the same class as Tatum, Doncic, Lebron, and Durant at age 23...

I heard Macri's comments and, while he could've said it with more grace, he didn't lie. RJ has been more bad than good. While I was one of those actively pushing to trade him, the numbers don't lie. Still optimistic that RJ will get it together.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/1/2024  9:04 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:

I heard Macri's comments and, while he could've said it with more grace, he didn't lie. RJ has been more bad than good.
While I was one of those actively pushing to trade him, the numbers don't lie. Still optimistic that RJ will get it together.

This was my take as well.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/1/2024  9:16 PM
Thank you RJ for not being Zion or Ja who would have sunk this team.
joec32033
USA
1/1/2024  9:25 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:

I heard Macri's comments and, while he could've said it with more grace, he didn't lie. RJ has been more bad than good. While I was one of those actively pushing to trade him, the numbers don't lie. Still optimistic that RJ will get it together.

And I am fine with fact. Macri had to apologize to Randle once because his dumbass got to personal then Randle blew up and Macri had to to apologize. You would think he would learn his lesson. I haven't heard them yet but I have a feeling they'll piss me off.

Sometimes I just think people are not fair to RJ because of the same reason they say he sucks. He was the #3 pick and their expectations weren't met. But I listened to Bill Simmons of all people defend RJ saying RJ adapted to the spot they put him in better then he ever thought possible because RJ's mentality and skillset is not a #3. He said he actually gave RJ alot of credit. It was on the Ringer trade reaction podcast.

The RJ appreciation thread...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy