[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Next order of business...
Author Thread
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/1/2024  10:56 AM
Lock up iHart.
Dude has been the glue on this team and is an excellent back up center (and PF if we had a center that could score) and can step in to start for stretches like this when the starter is out.
Make it so, Leon.
AUTOADVERT
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

1/1/2024  2:40 PM
Keep IHart. Yet, do we trade for another center like Vucevic or another starter
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/1/2024  7:59 PM
Here’s the thing. Take tonight. Randle balled out. 39 points. 9 rebounds. Got to the line 13 times. Zero f——ing assists.

He needs to step back and find ways to get other players involved. His 39 points resulted in a plus minus of +2 while the rest of the starting lineup had double digit positive plus minus. To me, it means that Randle just took a lot of shots.

He’s next out the door for me. I like what the FO is building, I just wonder if Randle is the guy to get us over the hump.

I love love the OG move.

Other players on my wishlist include:

1) JJJ aka the Block Panther
2) Mikal Bridges

I’d break the piggy bank to add either of these two. I’d mortgage the future to add both.

Now, Donovan Mitchell, Joel Embiid and KAT are also really amazing possibilities, but I worry about health and salary. So, while I would be anxious to add any of them, and know their cost would be astronomical, I worry that we would be paying an arm and a leg for an injured player.

More budget friendly options

1) Saddiq Bey (add another 3&D wildcat to the equation)
2) Jalen McDaniels (LAL). Not gonna be inexpensive long)
3) Trey Murphy. Between injuries and the depth in NOP, I wonder if he could be pried loose. Not “cheap” but low salary.

This is the Randle.
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

1/1/2024  9:09 PM
Two posts to get to "trade Randle."
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/1/2024  9:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/1/2024  9:30 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Two posts to get to "trade Randle."

LMAO.

The kind of stuff that makes me laugh.

Dogging Randle, a soon to be 3 time All Star, who just won us a game against the team with the best record in West
And then Suggesting we get Bridges, who has been chucking on a bad Nyets team for two years.
Went 4 for 21 against us.
Took 20 shots to score 22 yesterday.
And who has done what exactly?

Most don't realize it's not about defending Randle, but rather about calling out those who just whine about a guy actually producing without any real plan on how to replace him.
AKA, give Obi the starter role or other non realistic ideas.
Respect the guys that just say he is a good player but they just don't like him.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

1/1/2024  9:25 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:Here’s the thing. Take tonight. Randle balled out. 39 points. 9 rebounds. Got to the line 13 times. Zero f——ing assists.

He needs to step back and find ways to get other players involved. His 39 points resulted in a plus minus of +2 while the rest of the starting lineup had double digit positive plus minus. To me, it means that Randle just took a lot of shots.

He’s next out the door for me. I like what the FO is building, I just wonder if Randle is the guy to get us over the hump.

I love love the OG move.

Other players on my wishlist include:

1) JJJ aka the Block Panther
2) Mikal Bridges

I’d break the piggy bank to add either of these two. I’d mortgage the future to add both.

Now, Donovan Mitchell, Joel Embiid and KAT are also really amazing possibilities, but I worry about health and salary. So, while I would be anxious to add any of them, and know their cost would be astronomical, I worry that we would be paying an arm and a leg for an injured player.

More budget friendly options

1) Saddiq Bey (add another 3&D wildcat to the equation)
2) Jalen McDaniels (LAL). Not gonna be inexpensive long)
3) Trey Murphy. Between injuries and the depth in NOP, I wonder if he could be pried loose. Not “cheap” but low salary.

Who can we trade Randle for?
How are Embid and Towns, who Randle just outplayed, "possibilities"?
If we get DM, and trade Randle to do so, who plays PF?
How good does that make us? Have you seen Cleveland play recently?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
EwingsGlass
USA
1/1/2024  9:27 PM

I mean, I’m just angry that he could score 39 points tonight and have zero assists. He should have gotten at least one by accident with that many touches. Tripped and fell into an assist. Accidentally passed it into an assist. It’s a privilege to get that many touches. Figure out how to get your teammates involved.

That shot was falling for him today, but he was taking some of the worst shots I’ve seen him take in a long time. Long 18 foot 2s. Fadeaway 16 footers from the baseline. That shot will go away fast if he keeps taking such low efficiency shots. Sure he was hitting them today, but they are low percentage shots for 2 points.

I honestly believe Randle could be a triple double machine if he focused a little less on scoring and a little more on passing.

This is the Randle.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
1/1/2024  9:30 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:

I mean, I’m just angry that he could score 39 points tonight and have zero assists. He should have gotten at least one by accident with that many touches. Tripped and fell into an assist. Accidentally passed it into an assist. It’s a privilege to get that many touches. Figure out how to get your teammates involved.

That shot was falling for him today, but he was taking some of the worst shots I’ve seen him take in a long time. Long 18 foot 2s. Fadeaway 16 footers from the baseline. That shot will go away fast if he keeps taking such low efficiency shots. Sure he was hitting them today, but they are low percentage shots for 2 points.

I honestly believe Randle could be a triple double machine if he focused a little less on scoring and a little more on passing.

Not to be snarky but who was he gonna pass it to? With Quick and RJ gone and Brunson not hitting anything...who was there to score?

~You can't run from who you are.~
HofstraBBall

1/1/2024  9:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/1/2024  9:34 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:

Did you watch the game?
I am sure you saw him pass out to open shooters. Or did you miss that?

Tbh, he had a bad TO game. Probably better knock.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/1/2024  9:32 PM
Looks like he’s figuring it out…

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/knicks-players-assists

HofstraBBall

1/1/2024  9:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/1/2024  9:39 PM
ToddTT wrote:Looks like he’s figuring it out…

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/knicks-players-assists

Take your facts outta here!

EwingsGlass
USA
1/1/2024  9:42 PM
joec32033 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

Not to be snarky but who was he gonna pass it to? With Quick and RJ gone and Brunson not hitting anything...who was there to score?

Brunson managed to find 11 of his 14 assists from his teammates not named Randle. Bad argument where the team has 23 assists without Randle getting one. I didn’t like his game.

Responding to Hoftra above, I don’t know that Randle “outplayed” KAT, but also not the sword I want to fall on either. KAT had a + 5 while on court to Randle’s + 2. Our guys got the win, but I was not that happy with Randle’s play.

This is the Randle.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/1/2024  9:48 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:

0 assist cause Brunson kept missing everything!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ToddTT
1/1/2024  9:54 PM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

0 assist cause Brunson kept missing everything!

And he misfired on a bullet pass to Grimes. But hey it’s the thought that counts.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/1/2024  9:58 PM
No one has anything to say about the OP?
ToddTT
1/1/2024  10:03 PM
Panos wrote:No one has anything to say about the OP?

Sorry. This a Randle thread now.

HofstraBBall

1/1/2024  10:12 PM
Panos wrote:No one has anything to say about the OP?

Good point.

Try to get Murray at reasonable price.
Although, Knicks may see DM available in a couple of years without draft cost.
So maybe go for small additions to upgrade backup Center position and backup PG.
Collins? Bones Hyland.
Or just make Briggs happy and bring Wiseman home

HofstraBBall

1/1/2024  10:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/1/2024  10:34 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

Brunson managed to find 11 of his 14 assists from his teammates not named Randle. Bad argument where the team has 23 assists without Randle getting one. I didn’t like his game.

Responding to Hoftra above, I don’t know that Randle “outplayed” KAT, but also not the sword I want to fall on either. KAT had a + 5 while on court to Randle’s + 2. Our guys got the win, but I was not that happy with Randle’s play.

Understand. Some just will never like him.
In terms of who outplayed who, maybe watch the last 4 minutes again and see how the +/- went.
Btw, since your first gripe was assists, did you know Randle is averaging 4.2 assists? Second on the team. As a PF.Think having OG and Devo in SL will improve that.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/1/2024  10:45 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

In terms of who outplayed who, maybe watch the last 4 minutes again and see how the +/- went.
Btw, since your first gripe was assists, did you know Randle is averaging 4.2 assists? Second on the team. As a PF.Think having OG and Devo in SL will improve that.

In Jules defense, and I'm not what you would call a Randle stan, he had Towns and Reid giving him single coverage for most of the game. Wolves picked their poison. Julius has to make them pay. And his passing was crappy. I prefered that he shot it then give up another turnover.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

1/2/2024  7:01 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

In Jules defense, and I'm not what you would call a Randle stan, he had Towns and Reid giving him single coverage for most of the game. Wolves picked their poison. Julius has to make them pay. And his passing was crappy. I prefered that he shot it then give up another turnover.

Not a big "Randle Stan " you wrote. 😂. Is that a country RandalStan ? It should be cause some of you guys live there. Man is not perfect and I wanted him gone years ago too. But he has gotten better and deserves the benefit of the doubt. Let the team add another valuable piece before the deadline, who can shoot and play make so he doesn't have to. Give Randle another option to pass to and to get Randle the ball in good positions and watch what he does in the playoffs.

Next order of business...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy