joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
1/1/2024  10:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/1/2024  10:59 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
TheMTL wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:This guy definitely has taken advantage of his starts.

Playing better than he did in GS? Prob because Randle and Brunson have more gravity than whomever Golden State starts 😂

I am cold blooded and a fan of the team more then an individual player. If DDV recent play maximizes his trade value I'd trade him to improve the team overall. Don't get attached to no player, it's the team that matters. Not saying I would trade DDV but his value ia high and if we can maximize the return to the team, see ya.

Love the guy but he's not your starting SG on a championship caliber team. He could absolutely be the sixth man though

Absolutely! Knicks fans got to be cold and calculating. Don't get too attached to any player. Loyalty is to the Team. Players go hot and cold. Don't get carried away. I'm not knocking DEVO. Man, I like Mitch Robinson too but I'd trade him too now. Right deals have to be motivated by facts and not feelings.

Depends on who is filling those other positions. Denver started Coontavious Caldwell-Pope. DD himself started 66 games on the Bucks Championship team.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/team/milwaukee-bucks-39/stats/2021

~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/1/2024  11:18 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

1/2/2024  5:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2024  5:25 AM
joec32033 wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
TheMTL wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

Playing better than he did in GS? Prob because Randle and Brunson have more gravity than whomever Golden State starts 😂

I am cold blooded and a fan of the team more then an individual player. If DDV recent play maximizes his trade value I'd trade him to improve the team overall. Don't get attached to no player, it's the team that matters. Not saying I would trade DDV but his value ia high and if we can maximize the return to the team, see ya.

Love the guy but he's not your starting SG on a championship caliber team. He could absolutely be the sixth man though

Absolutely! Knicks fans got to be cold and calculating. Don't get too attached to any player. Loyalty is to the Team. Players go hot and cold. Don't get carried away. I'm not knocking DEVO. Man, I like Mitch Robinson too but I'd trade him too now. Right deals have to be motivated by facts and not feelings.

Depends on who is filling those other positions. Denver started Coontavious Caldwell-Pope. DD himself started 66 games on the Bucks Championship team.

Don't get me wrong I am not knocking DEVO. If the Knicks had Guannis, Lopez, Middleton, Holiday with Crazy eyes, Allen, and Pat C off the bench they could afford to start DEVO and even lose him to injury like the Bucks did and win a chip. Our roster is not so well constructed. My point is if DEVO could be traded to further construct our team in a trade I'd do it. Point is don't get to attached to a player.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/2/2024  7:32 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/2/2024  9:26 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
TheMTL wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

Don't get me wrong I am not knocking DEVO. If the Knicks had Guannis, Lopez, Middleton, Holiday with Crazy eyes, Allen, and Pat C off the bench they could afford to start DEVO and even lose him to injury like the Bucks did and win a chip. Our roster is not so well constructed. My point is if DEVO could be traded to further construct our team in a trade I'd do it. Point is don't get to attached to a player.

Probably would not be angry if we traded for a DM or Murray.
HOWEVER, also believe in CHEMISTRY, fit and results. Devo, so far has proven those are there with him in the SL. So maybe don't try to fix something that ain't broke.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nycericanguy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9127

1/2/2024  9:27 AM
MIN is 24-8 and their team resembles ours now.

Kat & Edwards vs Randle and Brunson.

McDaniels is their OG.

and both have defensive minded Centers.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/2/2024  12:52 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
TheMTL wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

Probably would not be angry if we traded for a DM or Murray.
HOWEVER, also believe in CHEMISTRY, fit and results. Devo, so far has proven those are there with him in the SL. So maybe don't try to fix something that ain't broke.

Depends on the price?? Picks are currency. Besides Fornier's 18mm, how does it happen.

Garrett2010PSD
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9141
USA
1/2/2024  9:28 PM
Alan Hahn said today DM trade offer would be something like Fournier, Grimes and 4 firsts.

However, not all of the firsts would be unprotected.

Sign me up for that.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

1/2/2024  10:56 PM
martin wrote:

So this may sound harsh but whatever…..

With the trade we moved 2 guys who liked to pound the rock and pound it a lot with blinders on. We’ve also lost Mitch who only adds offensive value as an offensive rebounder and very occasional alley oop dunk but literally no movement, no passing and poor screening.

Now all of a sudden we still have our 2 iso leads in Jules/Jalen but with them we have 2 very solid shooters as well as cutters who are very unselfish in DD/OG plus throw in I-Hart and you add a great passing big, a solid screener and someone who provides just a bit of spacing because he can pass from the elbow + hit his floater.

Add in J-Hart, Grimes and now Deuce who will all move, play unselfish and the basketball starts looking more attractive to the eyes.

I always referred to Julius/RJ pairing as clunky and it’s just amazing how easy OG made playing smart b-ball look in 1st game.

I was overly excited for his debut and I’m amazed how perfectly he fit.

I do wonder if front office or Thibs see same potential for D-Murray. I’ve heard folks questioning his D but I witnessed him put up I think a 7 steal fame against us last year without Trey on the court and I would assume if Thibs got his hands on him and started him next to OG and down the road Mitch that Thibs would squeeze every ounce of D effort out of Murray.

LivingLegend

1/2/2024  11:03 PM
Garrett2010PSD wrote:Alan Hahn said today DM trade offer would be something like Fournier, Grimes and 4 firsts.

However, not all of the firsts would be unprotected.

Sign me up for that.

Yes would depend on the quality of the 1’s but at same time the longer we go here I’m not sue Mitchell is the right move. He does most of his damage with the ball, he;s not a facilitator and certainly not a defender. So while a legit big time scorer —- do we end up with 3 guys standing around taking shots and or do Julius/Jalen games suffer (not to mention we go back to 3 key starters as poor defenders and 2 are short positionally).

I do wonder if D Murray isn’t a better short term option because he’s a legit facilitator if Brunson sits and I believe he would flourish defensively next to OG and under Thibs.

Plus much cheaper. Will not sneeze at Mitchell but it will be a dicey fit because Jules/Jalen playing very well.

LivingLegend

1/2/2024  11:06 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
TheMTL wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

I hear what you are saying and I suppose for a star - sure DD or J-Hart could go but I really believe there is a kinship with Brunson/Hart.DD that Thibs thinks is vitally important and the Knicks will work around the 2 Nova role players when trading in 95% on cases.

LivingLegend

1/2/2024  11:08 PM
Oh and I would move DD to the bench in a second if we landed D-Murray because I think we would be closing with Murray/OG at the 2/3 — if they are closing might as well be starting.

I like DD in a bench role myself but I could be wrong — didn’t realize he started so often on Bucks.

[Game Thread 1/1/24 @3PM] Knicks vs Wolves

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy