[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Value of the protected Wizards and Pistons pick.
Author Thread
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

12/31/2023  1:07 PM
The Piston and Wizards pick once looked promising. But as first rounders will they ever convey ? At the very least the picks will eventually convey as second round picks, one of them into two seconds, I believe. Are these picks still valuable ? Do we hold onto them Incase Detroit or DC needs to give us value of they ever plan to trade multiple firsts and they ask us to return the picks to them in the next few years. Our Dallas and Bucks pick will convey but darn these first rounders are of marginal value
AUTOADVERT
nycericanguy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9127

12/31/2023  1:44 PM
the DAL pick was sitting at #17 yesterday before DAL won. Would have been #11 last year if they didn't throw games. they are within 2 or 3 games of being a lotto pick and no way can they throw games again this year. Why is the value marginal? Our own unprotected this year will likely be worse than DAL's.

the MIL pick sits at 28 now but next year their core is a year older who knows. that could end up being a bit better. still even a late 1st has good value.

The DET pick has so long to convey that it still should end up in the teens in 26 or 27.

the WSH pick is the one that might not convey as a 1st, but if WSH is so bad that it ends up not conveying, that means two very early second rounders which isn't so bad either.

Just about every pick traded these days in the NBA has some protection on it unless it's for a superstar. In which case we can add our own unprotected.

Alpha1971

12/31/2023  2:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/31/2023  2:46 PM
nycericanguy wrote:the DAL pick was sitting at #17 yesterday before DAL won. Would have been #11 last year if they didn't throw games. they are within 2 or 3 games of being a lotto pick and no way can they throw games again this year. Why is the value marginal? Our own unprotected this year will likely be worse than DAL's.

the MIL pick sits at 28 now but next year their core is a year older who knows. that could end up being a bit better. still even a late 1st has good value.

The DET pick has so long to convey that it still should end up in the teens in 26 or 27.

the WSH pick is the one that might not convey as a 1st, but if WSH is so bad that it ends up not conveying, that means two very early second rounders which isn't so bad either.

Just about every pick traded these days in the NBA has some protection on it unless it's for a superstar. In which case we can add our own unprotected.

I spoke specifically about the Detroit and DC picks. The last few years players have been traded for multiple second rounders at the deadline like Rui Hachinurs, S Bey, and many others and later Obi. I wonder if the Detroit and DC picks have more value then multiple seconds. I'm just trying to gauge the value for a trade. Does another team value the picks as a bonafide value or as a potential value to take for a player they want to get rid of. Are these two picks just sweeteners or valuable for another GM to entice a deal. That's what I'm wondering. Anyway have a nice New Year

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/1/2024  8:25 AM
Honestly I value the pistons pick pretty high. They are bad but they now have a ton of pressure to turn it around, and a huge investment with Monty. The pick isn’t heavily protected. Great chance we can grab a late lottery pick in a couple of years. The Washington pick doesn’t have much value. They are in year 0 of a major tear down with no pressure to win anytime soon. I’d continue to monitor players on the wizards in an attempt to send their pick back to them since they are the only team it has value to. Take someone like Tyus Jones who would be the ideal backup PG here. He’s an upcoming free agent and probably isn’t interested in being behind Brunson long term , but as far as caliber of player that’s the idea to move that pick back to them for.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/1/2024  10:11 AM
We need to keep and use both draft picks this coming draft. We need cost controlled pieces at the 3/4 and 4/5 that can space the floor to grow with the team.

The talk still continues to center around SGs like Murray & Spida. But I don't see another ball dominant guard as a fit here. We need more of a Paul George type. Personally if feel DDV & Hart can cover the 2G position outside of landing that. Maybe bring in Rokus next offseason to cover some backup PG/SG mins. Use Grimes to possibly move up in the draft packaged with the later pick between ours and Dallas. Target someone like Tyler Smith.

Patrick Williams from the Bulls would be a good add as well with the plan of him backing up OG & Randle for the 3/4. But may not make the most sense financially due to him being a FA.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Alpha1971

1/1/2024  10:30 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:We need to keep and use both draft picks this coming draft. We need cost controlled pieces at the 3/4 and 4/5 that can space the floor to grow with the team.

The talk still continues to center around SGs like Murray & Spida. But I don't see another ball dominant guard as a fit here. We need more of a Paul George type. Personally if feel DDV & Hart can cover the 2G position outside of landing that. Maybe bring in Rokus next offseason to cover some backup PG/SG mins. Use Grimes to possibly move up in the draft packaged with the later pick between ours and Dallas. Target someone like Tyler Smith.

Patrick Williams from the Bulls would be a good add as well with the plan of him backing up OG & Randle for the 3/4. But may not make the most sense financially due to him being a FA.

I like the idea of using picks. We will likely use one first for our use and trade one. I may not seem very optimistic but I'm hopeful Jacob Toppin can emerge as a Patrick Baldwin type combo forward. Toppin is a agile fluid athlete who is a willing defender. Toppin has hops and if he can get to be a three pt shooter he can fill in when OG or Randall misses time. I am also optimistic about Rokas coming over. I think Murray would be good for us. Next year with OG, Murray, and Mitch back our defense will be active and versatile. But who knows about the picks, front office may just trade them if nothing else trade them for future protected picks

MS
Member: #724
1/1/2024  10:37 AM
I agree.

We need to draft some wings this year.

Value of the protected Wizards and Pistons pick.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy