[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Front Office's next big Trade will involve what Position?

Author Poll
GustavBahler
Member: #3186

After this trade, and the players we gave up for OG, I dont have a good guess as to who is next. Not after they traded RJ and IQ. I dont see how we get a star without giving up anothet starter.

Any guesses? I dont see mostly picks being enough, unless we go nuts.

Point Guard
Shooting Guard
Small Forward
Power Forward
Center
View Results

Author Thread
BrunsonBurner
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9185
USA
2/10/2024  1:38 PM
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:We need a Bruce Bowen type guard. Klay Thompson type. Someone who’s long, can defend the 1 or 2. And a solid catch and shoot game.

I know but this is my pie in the sky.

Mitchell is solid. He’s a dog. But who are they defending? JB and Mitchell are similar size guards. Are we building a Portland team? I don’t know. Mitchell is a plan B for me. I know the nets would never do it but Mikal Bridges just makes too much since. The fit is perfect all around and on both ends. Solid catch and shoot. Doesn’t need to dribble the air out of the ball.

How about DDV?

To me he’s a much cheaper vision of Mitchell with slightly better defense and plays within the system. Done.

Maybe Embiid would be my next focus. Seems like the nail in the coffin to me. If somehow we can get him without messing up the current synergy, we might win multiple chips. Maybe we have to sacrifice Randle? I’ll leave the GM trade scenarios to the fake UK GM’s.

But Embiid, JB and OG is a nice threesome (pause)

Embiid? On paper looks great. Reality says otherwise. He isn't getting any younger and his health is a tremendous risk. Those knees are only going to get worse rapidly as he ages. I am not a huge fan of this idea at all. PHI is gonna want the earth moon and stars for him.

AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Member: #748
2/10/2024  1:38 PM
BrunsonBurner wrote:
martin wrote:
BrunsonBurner wrote:First time posting here. Been a fan for 40 years. Been through all the ups and downs with this team. I have shared your pain. Hello everyone.

I don't think they are targeting any specific player or position. We finally have a SUPERSTAR PG after forever so, it's safe to say he is not going anywhere. The team is building a contender and just staying ready for if/when ANY other player pops up. I don't think it needs to be a superstar player either. Just a perfect fit and possible upgrade. Just so happens it might take a superstar player to upgrade everyone in our starting 5. Bravo Leon!

IMO we are ready to contend right now. Fully healthy this is an extremely deep team. Balanced roster. Great mix of offense and defense at every position. Added length that we lacked against bigger teams. A lot of high IQ players. It is a tough team to beat firing on all cylinders.

Brunson/Deuce
DDV/Burks
OG/Hart
Randle/Boj
iHart/Mitch

With Precious/Sims as extra depth up front. Thibs has to expand the rotation but, other than that glaring issue I think we are ready to roll right now. We might not see any big trade this summer or next TDL. I think it will have make sense both fit and cost. Until then we will compete with the top teams in the league as is.

Pull up a chair, but don’t throw your back out. Seems like everyone is old on this site

I certainly have back issues. Shoulder. Neck. Pretty much need a backeotomy!

I also been a fan for 40 years. They won a whip when I was looking for a diaper change.

I also just finished hooping so I share the same pains mentally and physically 🤣.

Welcome. It’s a great site regardless what anybody says.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Member: #748
2/10/2024  1:48 PM
BrunsonBurner wrote:
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:We need a Bruce Bowen type guard. Klay Thompson type. Someone who’s long, can defend the 1 or 2. And a solid catch and shoot game.

Mitchell is solid. He’s a dog. But who are they defending? JB and Mitchell are similar size guards. Are we building a Portland team? I don’t know. Mitchell is a plan B for me. I know the nets would never do it but Mikal Bridges just makes too much since. The fit is perfect all around and on both ends. Solid catch and shoot. Doesn’t need to dribble the air out of the ball.

How about DDV?

To me he’s a much cheaper vision of Mitchell with slightly better defense and plays within the system. Done.

Maybe Embiid would be my next focus. Seems like the nail in the coffin to me. If somehow we can get him without messing up the current synergy, we might win multiple chips. Maybe we have to sacrifice Randle? I’ll leave the GM trade scenarios to the fake UK GM’s.

Embiid? On paper looks great. Reality says otherwise. He isn't getting any younger and his health is a tremendous risk. Those knees are only going to get worse rapidly as he ages. I am not a huge fan of this idea at all. PHI is gonna want the earth moon and stars for him.

Fair points. Hard to argue his age and injury history. But if we can give him the lebron treatment. Only play him in the playoffs (coast during the season).

When healthy you cant guard Embiid 1 on 1. And yes they will ask for the moon. I agree that’s a concern.

Right now we are very very good team. With a chance to win it all. I’m ok riding this out and see where it lands. But we have to understand everyone has a window. I would hate to not try and swing for the stars at least one time in JBs prime years while he’s a knick. Maybe it’s not time but when that time comes we gotta swing for the fences. Right now we hitting nice singles and doubles. OG trade might be a triple. He might be that missing piece we are overlooking (when healthy).

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BrunsonBurner
Member: #9185
USA
2/10/2024  1:57 PM
blkexec wrote:
BrunsonBurner wrote:
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:

How about DDV?

Fair points. Hard to argue his age and injury history. But if we can give him the lebron treatment. Only play him in the playoffs (coast during the season).

When healthy you cant guard Embiid 1 on 1. And yes they will ask for the moon. I agree that’s a concern.

Right now we are very very good team. With a chance to win it all. I’m ok riding this out and see where it lands. But we have to understand everyone has a window. I would hate to not try and swing for the stars at least one time in JBs prime years while he’s a knick. Maybe it’s not time but when that time comes we gotta swing for the fences. Right now we hitting nice singles and doubles. OG trade might be a triple. He might be that missing piece we are overlooking (when healthy).

I am totally down with letting the current team rock and wait and see what we really Kneed.

I am confident(for the first time in decades) the FO will make smart money moves. Whatever they do I am fine with...for now. I think it's a bit of a waste talking about the next big trade. Absolutely NONE of the players constantly mentioned are available. I would think a Giannis for Randle trade makes us instant favorites. He isn't available. Booker? Not available. Embiid will be available because he is damaged goods. Do not want unless it's a salary dump deal for PHI.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/10/2024  3:59 PM
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:

How about DDV?

This is how the Trade Randle rumors start! Again!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/12/2024  11:52 AM
Not sure who we're stockpiling before, but who could conceivably ask for out or be moved from their current situation and want to be directed to NY?

Mitchell
Booker
Embiid
KAT
Mikal
Luka?

Aside fromt hose guys I'm probably standing pat. THen there's another group of guys like Zion/Lauri that may or may not move the needle.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

2/12/2024  12:00 PM
VDesai wrote:Not sure who we're stockpiling before, but who could conceivably ask for out or be moved from their current situation and want to be directed to NY?

Mitchell
Booker
Embiid
KAT
Mikal
Luka?

Aside fromt hose guys I'm probably standing pat. THen there's another group of guys like Zion/Lauri that may or may not move the needle.

Giannis is starting to look like a dream fit in Randle's spot to get this team over the hump. Sort of like the Raps upgrading Derozan into Kawhi to win a chip.

Front Office's next big Trade will involve what Position?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy