[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Front Office's next big Trade will involve what Position?

Author Poll
GustavBahler
Member: #3186

After this trade, and the players we gave up for OG, I dont have a good guess as to who is next. Not after they traded RJ and IQ. I dont see how we get a star without giving up anothet starter.

Any guesses? I dont see mostly picks being enough, unless we go nuts.

Point Guard
Shooting Guard
Small Forward
Power Forward
Center
View Results

Author Thread
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

1/2/2024  12:21 PM
Philc1 wrote:
Garrett2010PSD wrote:Murray or Mitchell. Prefer Mitchell.

It’s looking like Mitchell. He’s from here and wants to come here

It's looking like Mitchell ? Has something surfaced in the news ?

AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

1/2/2024  12:47 PM
D. Murray seems to make sense but i'd feel a lot better about that option if i knew about him personally, e.g., is he primarily about winning and doing whatever team needs, does he hit clutch shots

I do agree w earlier posters we need another option to handle the ball because teams will pressure/wear-down JB during playoffs. Losing IQ will exaggerate that issue

Right now one of biggest strengths is team chemistry. We don't want to mess with that w a selfish player (not saying Murray is; i simply don't know)

(5)(5)
DLeethal
Member: #9126

1/2/2024  2:59 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

All of the chatter I've seen since the OG trade is that the Knicks do not plan to make a full fledged pursuit of Mitchell even if he becomes available. Who knows if that's true or not, but that's been the reports post-OG trade.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/2/2024  3:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2024  3:37 PM
DLeethal wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

All of the chatter I've seen since the OG trade is that the Knicks do not plan to make a full fledged pursuit of Mitchell even if he becomes available. Who knows if that's true or not, but that's been the reports post-OG trade.

Don't see Cavs trading Mitchell, don't see us having the package to get him after the OG trade, don't see a cap fit, don't see him as "the guy" Knicks want or need despite his talent.

fwk00
Member: #6048

1/3/2024  12:47 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Don't see Cavs trading Mitchell, don't see us having the package to get him after the OG trade, don't see a cap fit, don't see him as "the guy" Knicks want or need despite his talent.

Yes. This is where DM needs to take some agency about his own future. Cleveland may not want to trade him but if he won't resign then he forces their hand. And the timing of that has to happen *before* the Knicks are consummating any Murray trade which would make it a bartering/bidding trade with NY holding the cards that matter.

And if Cleveland thinks DM is leaving come summer, he's getting moved.

DM made much more sense a year ago, a different vision of the team was in play. Today, not so much.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/3/2024  10:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2024  10:09 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:I wouldnt mind if the FO waited on making another deal until the next trade deadline. Give DDV an extended look as the starting SG. Could save a lot of cap room, look to shore up another position. It might turn out to be a case of "if it aint broke dont fix it."

Not saying we be rash but it's not time to be complacent. Strike now if the opportunity presents itself. Get Murray for his defense and he is shooting well from 3 this season. DDV can start but Murray as the third guard is better for the team. We can still acquire a PF/C for the stretch run.

Complacency vs. Jumping the gun. I'd like to see DDV get a chance to keep his job. Already has that B-ball ESP going with JB. See how OG changes things, then make a trade if neccessary. Trading with another division rival wont be cheap.

Not making a trade just to see DDV can be a starter is not a valid basketball reason

It's a valid reason if he's showing it already. He was a starter on the championship Bucks before he got hurt, so this isnt his first rodeo.

In my scenario DDV still will play 25-30 mins, but the team will be deeper and more versatile. And he still may start. Time to stop bargain shopping. Pay what is needed to make the team balanced and versatile. Other teams may beat us to it

What bargain shopping? DDV is already on the roster. Im not convinced yet that it should be Murray. Especially if the Hawks are already looking to trade him. Didnt take long.

Well let's see what happens. I vote we build on the energy now.

Murray might be the right move, but I'd like to know why they would be so willing to send him to NY, and after so little time. Even though JB is doing a better job of sharing the rock, after his ballstopping at the beginining of the season. Like Trae, he's more of a scoring PG.

Was playing next to a scoring PG affecting Murray's game? If it was, Murray might have the same chemistry issues in NY.

Why we shouldnt take the chemistry DDV and JB are showing for granted. We could still use a good backup center. See if Deuce is the answer at backup PG, or anyone else on the roster that Thibs wants to try out. Someone good to help take the load off of Brunson from time to time.

The pint of Murray wanting to have the ball in his hand, was my point on another thread. Feel that everyone, including myself, has focused on the good fit next to Brunson based on his defense but has ignored the bad fit based on Murray wanting to be the lead ball handler as well.

Tha is why I keep saying that so far Devo has fit extremely well. Not shy and taking advantage of starting role opportunity. Impressed with anyone doing that in the MECCA.

Do agree we may need an elite shot creator so my vote is for SG. but seems like no clear fit or option is out there. Maybe small moves for backup C and another vet for bench. Totally against bringing in the $60 million dollar man for Randle. Who just outplayed him.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/3/2024  10:07 AM
Chandler wrote:i like our team too. but in the playoffs you will be against smart teams like celtics and miami. they won't let JB beat them on his own

Julius will face new blitzes and other tactics. We need a guy who will punish opponent when too much attention is on JB or JR

think of Giannis and Milwaukee. We need guys who will hit their shots (including free throws)

Agree with this. However, I feel the FO has done a good job identifying our lack of outside shooting in the playoffs, and listening to us armchair winners by adding a couple of guys who have upgraded our 3pt shot efficiency. Would like to see how this rolls out. Happy with Grimes regaining his touch, which I knew he would in second unit and hoping we add a backup C and another solid role player with elite three for the bench.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/9/2024  4:01 PM
21 votes for SG. I voted for SG as well. Guess DDV had other plans. The next big move will be this offseason. The playoffs should play a big part in the FO's decision. Why its hard to predict what will happen next.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/9/2024  4:30 PM
is Burks not mostly a 2?
He can play 3 positions.
He takes Grimes place in the rotation.
Knowing OG was having surgery, its easy to envision him playing the three and finishing if the game is moving and he is a factor.
OG will need ramp up time that its his shooting elbow some time to get it going.
I expect Randle to also have time off on back to backs and it will be tender for a while.

The "brilliance" of the trade is the holes they can fill now, but in the rotation if we get back to full squad.
If iHart is out next man up is sims!!!!!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/9/2024  4:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2024  4:50 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:I wouldnt mind if the FO waited on making another deal until the next trade deadline. Give DDV an extended look as the starting SG. Could save a lot of cap room, look to shore up another position. It might turn out to be a case of "if it aint broke dont fix it."

Not saying we be rash but it's not time to be complacent. Strike now if the opportunity presents itself. Get Murray for his defense and he is shooting well from 3 this season. DDV can start but Murray as the third guard is better for the team. We can still acquire a PF/C for the stretch run.

Complacency vs. Jumping the gun. I'd like to see DDV get a chance to keep his job. Already has that B-ball ESP going with JB. See how OG changes things, then make a trade if neccessary. Trading with another division rival wont be cheap.

Not making a trade just to see DDV can be a starter is not a valid basketball reason

It's a valid reason if he's showing it already. He was a starter on the championship Bucks before he got hurt, so this isnt his first rodeo.

In my scenario DDV still will play 25-30 mins, but the team will be deeper and more versatile. And he still may start. Time to stop bargain shopping. Pay what is needed to make the team balanced and versatile. Other teams may beat us to it

What bargain shopping? DDV is already on the roster. Im not convinced yet that it should be Murray. Especially if the Hawks are already looking to trade him. Didnt take long.

Well let's see what happens. I vote we build on the energy now.

Murray might be the right move, but I'd like to know why they would be so willing to send him to NY, and after so little time. Even though JB is doing a better job of sharing the rock, after his ballstopping at the beginining of the season. Like Trae, he's more of a scoring PG.

Was playing next to a scoring PG affecting Murray's game? If it was, Murray might have the same chemistry issues in NY.

Why we shouldnt take the chemistry DDV and JB are showing for granted. We could still use a good backup center. See if Deuce is the answer at backup PG, or anyone else on the roster that Thibs wants to try out. Someone good to help take the load off of Brunson from time to time.

The pint of Murray wanting to have the ball in his hand, was my point on another thread. Feel that everyone, including myself, has focused on the good fit next to Brunson based on his defense but has ignored the bad fit based on Murray wanting to be the lead ball handler as well.

Tha is why I keep saying that so far Devo has fit extremely well. Not shy and taking advantage of starting role opportunity. Impressed with anyone doing that in the MECCA.

Do agree we may need an elite shot creator so my vote is for SG. but seems like no clear fit or option is out there. Maybe small moves for backup C and another vet for bench. Totally against bringing in the $60 million dollar man for Randle. Who just outplayed him.

I saw the numbers with Murray with and without Trae and there was a huge difference. I think the issue is that Murray is a point guard and he struggles playing with another dominant ball handler. That, plus all the other questions marks regarding his on ball defense and the legitimacy of his shooting made the Knicks look in another direction. Could of a change of scenery have don Murray good? Maybe, but I'm not paying three first rounders to find out. Shooting guard is an upgradeable position for the Knicks, sure. But I have a hard time calling it a weakness. Donte has played like a legit starter and there's no need for the team to take a gamble as far as the position is concerned.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
DLeethal

2/10/2024  10:11 AM
If this team isn't good enough to win it all, I think they will explore trading Randle. I don't think they are eager to supermax him. They will include him in a Giannis or KAT trade or something. But I think that's the play if this team, or he himself, get exposed in the playoffs.
blkexec
Member: #748
2/10/2024  10:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2024  10:24 AM
We need a Bruce Bowen type guard. Klay Thompson type. Someone who’s long, can defend the 1 or 2. And a solid catch and shoot game.

I know but this is my pie in the sky.

Mitchell is solid. He’s a dog. But who are they defending? JB and Mitchell are similar size guards. Are we building a Portland team? I don’t know. Mitchell is a plan B for me. I know the nets would never do it but Mikal Bridges just makes too much since. The fit is perfect all around and on both ends. Solid catch and shoot. Doesn’t need to dribble the air out of the ball.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/10/2024  10:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2024  10:30 AM
blkexec wrote:We need a Bruce Bowen type guard. Klay Thompson type. Someone who’s long, can defend the 1 or 2. And a solid catch and shoot game.

Mitchell is solid. He’s a dog. But who are they defending? JB and Mitchell are similar size guards. Are we building a Portland team? I don’t know. Mitchell is a plan B for me. I know the nets would never do it but Mikal Bridges just makes too much since. The fit is perfect all around and on both ends. Solid catch and shoot. Doesn’t need to dribble the air out of the ball.

How about DDV?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
2/10/2024  10:49 AM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/10/2024  11:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2024  11:11 AM
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:We need a Bruce Bowen type guard. Klay Thompson type. Someone who’s long, can defend the 1 or 2. And a solid catch and shoot game.

How about DDV?

Grimes was thought to be. For the money, DDV is wonderful.

BrunsonBurner
Member: #9185
USA
2/10/2024  12:47 PM
First time posting here. Been a fan for 40 years. Been through all the ups and downs with this team. I have shared your pain. Hello everyone.

I don't think they are targeting any specific player or position. We finally have a SUPERSTAR PG after forever so, it's safe to say he is not going anywhere. The team is building a contender and just staying ready for if/when ANY other player pops up. I don't think it needs to be a superstar player either. Just a perfect fit and possible upgrade. Just so happens it might take a superstar player to upgrade everyone in our starting 5. Bravo Leon!

IMO we are ready to contend right now. Fully healthy this is an extremely deep team. Balanced roster. Great mix of offense and defense at every position. Added length that we lacked against bigger teams. A lot of high IQ players. It is a tough team to beat firing on all cylinders.

Brunson/Deuce
DDV/Burks
OG/Hart
Randle/Boj
iHart/Mitch

With Precious/Sims as extra depth up front. Thibs has to expand the rotation but, other than that glaring issue I think we are ready to roll right now. We might not see any big trade this summer or next TDL. I think it will have make sense both fit and cost. Until then we will compete with the top teams in the league as is.

martin
USA
2/10/2024  12:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2024  12:54 PM
BrunsonBurner wrote:First time posting here. Been a fan for 40 years. Been through all the ups and downs with this team. I have shared your pain. Hello everyone.

I don't think they are targeting any specific player or position. We finally have a SUPERSTAR PG after forever so, it's safe to say he is not going anywhere. The team is building a contender and just staying ready for if/when ANY other player pops up. I don't think it needs to be a superstar player either. Just a perfect fit and possible upgrade. Just so happens it might take a superstar player to upgrade everyone in our starting 5. Bravo Leon!

IMO we are ready to contend right now. Fully healthy this is an extremely deep team. Balanced roster. Great mix of offense and defense at every position. Added length that we lacked against bigger teams. A lot of high IQ players. It is a tough team to beat firing on all cylinders.

Brunson/Deuce
DDV/Burks
OG/Hart
Randle/Boj
iHart/Mitch

With Precious/Sims as extra depth up front. Thibs has to expand the rotation but, other than that glaring issue I think we are ready to roll right now. We might not see any big trade this summer or next TDL. I think it will have make sense both fit and cost. Until then we will compete with the top teams in the league as is.

Pull up a chair, but don’t throw your back out. Seems like everyone is old on this site

BrunsonBurner
Member: #9185
USA
2/10/2024  1:01 PM
martin wrote:
BrunsonBurner wrote:First time posting here. Been a fan for 40 years. Been through all the ups and downs with this team. I have shared your pain. Hello everyone.

Brunson/Deuce
DDV/Burks
OG/Hart
Randle/Boj
iHart/Mitch

Pull up a chair, but don’t throw your back out. Seems like everyone is old on this site

I certainly have back issues. Shoulder. Neck. Pretty much need a backeotomy!

blkexec
Member: #748
2/10/2024  1:34 PM
martin wrote:

How about DDV?

To me he’s a much cheaper vision of Mitchell with slightly better defense and plays within the system. Done.

Maybe Embiid would be my next focus. Seems like the nail in the coffin to me. If somehow we can get him without messing up the current synergy, we might win multiple chips. Maybe we have to sacrifice Randle? I’ll leave the GM trade scenarios to the fake UK GM’s.

But Embiid, JB and OG is a nice threesome (pause)

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
DLeethal

2/10/2024  1:37 PM
If you look at who the next stars to ask out might be - we still have appealing offers for all of them.

These are the guys I see who could potentially be traded this offseason.

DMitchell, Giannis, Embiid, KAT, Anthony Davis. Randle makes sense in a trade for the latter 4. Mitch makes sense for most of those teams too. DDV would probably be coveted by all of them. I don't think any of those teams would be more interested in young rookie contract players versus solid vets. Maybe the FO saw that as well when they decided to use our young guys in the trades that they did.

Front Office's next big Trade will involve what Position?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy