[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GREAT trade
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/24/2004  10:43 AM
cant ask for much more than hard work and noticable improvement. Plus you get the feeling he's a good guy and his teammates like him.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/24/2004  11:49 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I dont know why its a suprise... he's pretty much picking up where he left off last year when he averaged a shade under 12/10 as a started in about 28 minutes.

He's obviously not a go to guy but his hustle and quickness works well with this team. Obviously we need a defensive type player... a Ratliff type, but Nazr is playing good ball and having a nice impact.

A Ratliff type? dude is a block machine maybe one of the best ever. So we need a guy like him? not many.....besides he doesn't rebound. Ratliff does not rebound.

Isiah said that shotblocking is overrated. It is......team defensive is something people do not talk about. Lenny's defensive scheme is starting to show out on the court cuz guys are trusting each other. Chemistry? You betcha.

I hope this is the Nazr we'll see throughout the season. Cuz if he is then the Knicks don't need a center.

Knicks need Timmy to step it up on both ends. He seems to have found the energy on defense and last night he found his way to the line. I'm sick of waiting but he's due.......he's overdue!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/24/2004  12:37 PM
Posted by fishmike:

cant ask for much more than hard work and noticable improvement. Plus you get the feeling he's a good guy and his teammates like him.

Nazr's probably 1 of the most good natured guys in the league aside from Allan Houston...you always see him pointing to a teammate after a made basket, so you know he's humble...i just wish he had a bit more of a nasty streak in him & was more aggressive on the court on defense, but i like what i saw from him last night because he was holding his ground against penetration & not committing stupid fouls...as long as he's doing that, he usually puts up good #'s because he is able to stay on the court for more minutes.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/24/2004  12:50 PM
Ratliff totally changes team defense. When you have a guy that can block shots it lets you play up more on your man. This is what makes the Spurs so great on D. They have the 2 shot blockers and their wing players get up tight on whoever they are guarding. They let you penetrate but push you baseline right towards their shot blocking bigs. We dont have that kind of personel.

Ratliff is a good rebounder despite his numbers.

Its not the shot blocking, rather the ability to force opposing wing players to change their shots. We dont have that with Deke gone. I dont miss it but its a need.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GREAT trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy