[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks finalizing trade for OG: It’s bad - badass for Knicks, bad for rest of league BOO YA
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
12/30/2023  1:42 PM
nycericanguy wrote:i'll feel alot better about this if we extend OG today at the 4/117m figure

I need time to get my thoughts together on this trade, but just remember, Toronto offered him that 4 year max and he turned it down. He wanted more opportunity, and just got traded to the same situation.

~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
Garrett2010PSD
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9141
USA
12/30/2023  1:44 PM
DLeethal wrote:
Garrett2010PSD wrote:A few are speculating that this could be a prelude to a trade for a star.

I sure hope so because this team just got worse IMO.

Maybe a package that includes Randle, Grimes, and a ton of draft capital for someone like DM?

Then I could live with this trade.

I always felt a trade for an offensive star like Donovan or Lavine or Booker didn't work without a big, strong defensive 3. Need to counter the lack of defense you get at the 1/2 with Brunson and a guy like that. I think those guys make a lot more sense now for a contender than they did pairing them with RJ or Hart.

Yeah like I said, I am fine with this trade if we get someone like DM. Team seems incomplete now and very limited offensively.

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

12/30/2023  1:45 PM
nycericanguy wrote:i'll feel alot better about this if we extend OG today at the 4/117m figure

We gave up IQ but if we can get a starting SG with some size with Fornier and draft picks might be all for the better. Or are we looking forward to using our draft picks next season to add length and shooting ? Utilize the draft picks for the rookie contract value. This season may just be a year of development building for next season. Anyone would want Jordan Clarkson for a bench scorer ?

Garrett2010PSD
USA
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:if you can get Lavine for Grimes and 2 firsts do we do it now?

Lavine's stock is super low right now but he is a Booker-esque offensive player.

I'm waiting for Donovan I think. He will force his way here now.

Agreed, I have zero interest in LaVine. Way too many red flags.

Give me DM.

EwingPSD
Member: #9129

joec32033 wrote:

I need time to get my thoughts together on this trade, but just remember, Toronto offered him that 4 year max and he turned it down. He wanted more opportunity, and just got traded to the same situation.

He’s CAA. He will be extended

Clean
Member: #743
12/30/2023  1:46 PM
martin wrote:
Clean wrote:I think people need to see how easily Quick was schemed out of the game in the playoffs. He been getting overrated big time. He is a really good player during the regular season but once Clev and MIA pressured him he disappeared the whole postseason until he got injured.

I love love love IQ but I have to agree with you, I won't go as far as you have though. Still young enough to get to solid playoffs performer and think he is the perfect 6th man but not starter.

I wouldn't go as far to say overrated, but just not prime time enough... yet.

I agree he is a very good player and young so he can still improve. My overrated part is more on what he is now compared to what fans think he is now. With quick when he has his 1 for 10 games and basically disappeared for the whole plays people just ignore it and then are real loud when he has good regular season games. I just put extra weight in what they do in the playoffs because teams actually gameplan then. The fact that he could not beat anyone off the dribble and could not consistantly hit an open shot the whole playoffs put a bad taste in my mouth when evaluating his current skill level.

EwingPSD

12/30/2023  1:47 PM
nycericanguy wrote:if you can get Lavine for Grimes and 2 firsts do we do it now?

Lavine's stock is super low right now but he is a Booker-esque offensive player.

That would be wild. My answer is yes. I think that team is a contender. They are all in.

Garrett2010PSD
USA
12/30/2023  1:47 PM
joec32033 wrote:

Agreed I could seem getting frustrated with Randle.

TheMTL
Member: #9140

12/30/2023  1:51 PM
Garrett2010PSD wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

Give me DM.

Give me Dejounte Murray. Another plus defender, playmaker, and can score 20ppg.

blkexec
Member: #748
nycericanguy wrote:put it like this, trading for KP would have made us better than this while still keeping RJ & IQ.

If Leon had this decision again , knowing what he knows now, he pulls that KP trade.

Keep in mind Leon was a rookie GM learning on the job. I think Isiah Thomas was the last GM I remember coming on a job and making a huge controversial trade for Marbury. Leon is more conservative and calculated. He waits for the right time and I’m sure he sees some past mistakes.

With that said I think this is a nice deal. Knicks did not want either player. IQ too expensive and no starting role. RJ played his way off the team. OG is 30mil and RJ/IQ is well north of that. And these are two guards out the rotation. Plus too many damn left handed slashers on one team.

IQ hurts but there’s a lot of opportunities now to improve short term and still set up for a superstar trade.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
EwingPSD

DLeethal wrote:Looks like the Knicks FO want to load up on defense and guys who don't need the ball to be effective around Brunson and Randle. And then I suppose the plan is to get one more star scorer to blend with those guys as the final piece.

That’s definitely the plan. As a fan I don’t like seeing IQ go and I don’t like that Flynn will probably immediately get mins over Deuce but this deal makes sense and I think they got 3 good players that make sense for them. OG is a bully and a great wing defender, PA is a good bench big, and I think Flynn can give you a little scoring punch off the bench and they lost that with IQ going out

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/30/2023  1:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/30/2023  1:53 PM
Unfortunately, my prediction of IQ being next level will happen on another team. Division rival at that. Smh.
How RJ and a draft pick for an expiring future high priced role player was not enough is disappointing.

Unless IQ demanded a starting role, which I would have given him, makes no sense. IQ is this years JB. Teams not thinking he is worth $25M will be proven wrong.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
TheMTL
Member: #9140

12/30/2023  1:57 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Unfortunately, my prediction of IQ being next level will happen on another team. Division rival at that. Smh.
How RJ and a draft pick for an expiring future high priced role player was not enough is disappointing.

Unless IQ demanded a starting role, which I would have given him, makes no sense. IQ is this years JB. Teams not thinking he is worth $25M will be proven wrong.

Agreed, as a starter, IQ is an automatic 20ppg with good defense and getting opponents in foul trouble

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/30/2023  1:58 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/30/2023  1:59 PM
Oh my God what a stupid trade
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
12/30/2023  2:00 PM
EwingPSD wrote:
joec32033 wrote:

He’s CAA. He will be extended

I am going to be honest, I am not sure what is worse. Signing him to a contract north of the 30 mil he turned down, or not signing him and letting him walk for nothing. This is not angood situation in my eyes.

~You can't run from who you are.~
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/30/2023  2:00 PM
Im happy that RJ is "coming home". Would be funny if they played that song for RJ during his first player introduction. Considering the origin.

RJ was an ironman, he worked hard, gave maximum effort, helped change the culture. In the way he did his job with minimal drama. We had a lot of that before RJ.

Garrett2010PSD
USA
12/30/2023  2:01 PM
TheMTL wrote:
Garrett2010PSD wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

Give me DM.

Give me Dejounte Murray. Another plus defender, playmaker, and can score 20ppg.

I think Murrays offensive game is a tad overrated. We have plenty of defenders here now.

Give me a premiere clutch offensive performer.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/30/2023  2:01 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Unfortunately, my prediction of IQ being next level will happen on another team. Division rival at that. Smh.

Now we get to face IQ AND RJ 4x a year with a massive chip on both their shoulders. But yeah, Grimes and Divincenzo get more minutes in the 4 guard plus Hart rotation

blkexec
Member: #748
12/30/2023  2:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/30/2023  2:06 PM
Clean wrote:I think people need to see how easily Quick was schemed out of the game in the playoffs. He been getting overrated big time. He is a really good player during the regular season but once Clev and MIA pressured him he disappeared the whole postseason until he got injured.

There you go Clean. Not afraid to touch one of our great young prospects in IQ. He’s well loved around here, so tread lightly lol.

I agree that Knick fans overrate IQ. But even casual fans. Dude dropped 40 on the Celtics. The issue I have with IQ is he’s looking for a different role than what we offering. We want him to be a 6 man. He wants to be an nba starting PG. So that’s the mix match. He wants starter money, we only offering bench money. That’s a conflict.

I also noticed IQ started wearing the same blinders as RJ. But IQ was hitting so it wasn’t talked about much. And the final straw was DDV starting over IQ. And Thibs pulling IQ during the game when he was hot. Then putting him in too late during winnable games.

So Leon is putting all his eggs into Thibs, JB, Randle and the Nova pipeline connection. While adding the top SF defender who’s also a backup PF. Plus a center. This is such a here and now move with sneaky long term benefits depending on OG extension and cap. Especially if this leads us to another move now that Leon is warmed up.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Knicks finalizing trade for OG: It’s bad - badass for Knicks, bad for rest of league BOO YA

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy