[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks finalizing trade for OG: It’s bad - badass for Knicks, bad for rest of league BOO YA
Author Thread
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

3/18/2024  3:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/18/2024  3:28 PM
The Knicks with OG are 15-2 with historic net rating and have blown out some of the best teams in the league by 20-30+ points. I have no idea why you would make the case he's too injury prone and say we should have gone after a different injury prone guy. The only argument against OG is the injury prone stuff. There is no basketball argument beyond that because of how good this team has been with him. You literally could not be better than the Knicks have been, so far, with him on the court. So even a KP trade is 99% unlikely to bear the same fruit that OG has when he's on the court.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/18/2024  3:36 PM
DLeethal wrote:OG missed half the games, Randle missed the same half, yet his impact is so good we still 10 games over .500 since the trade vs the 3 games over .500 our fully healthy squad put up over the first 32 games of the year.

Gimme 60 games of OG over 75 from RJ/IQ.

yup. OG is simply better than them also. We are more top heavy and that's good. You dont go to the finals with 11 good players. You go with 6 who are awesome. To me thats the starters and Josh. Wanna throw in a extra center? Cool. Literally every good team have players like this
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
MS
Member: #724
3/18/2024  5:45 PM
Ever since we changed the thread and the positive vibes were flowing OG has played 2 of 20 games. Need some reverse luck here to get him back.
MS
Member: #724
3/18/2024  8:26 PM
OG out longer than tonight, Woj reporting that it’s flared up and keeping him out multiple games.
gradyandrew
Member: #8959

3/18/2024  9:54 PM
MS wrote:OG out longer than tonight, Woj reporting that it’s flared up and keeping him out multiple games.

Indefinite, which means done for the season in MSG speak. Maybe he comes back for the playoffs as he's the ultimate plug and play guy. Maybe the silver lining is that he gets a lower contract number and Knicks can keep iHart and Precious.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
3/19/2024  6:26 PM
gradyandrew wrote:
MS wrote:OG out longer than tonight, Woj reporting that it’s flared up and keeping him out multiple games.

Indefinite, which means done for the season in MSG speak. Maybe he comes back for the playoffs as he's the ultimate plug and play guy. Maybe the silver lining is that he gets a lower contract number and Knicks can keep iHart and Precious.

I think you are a bit more pessimistic. Thibs is the person speaking on this and he tends to be a no nonsense guy. His comments here seem on point.

https://heavy.com/sports/new-york-knicks/og-anunoby-elbow-flares-up/

I do not believe that this affects his contract pricing in the least. I wholeheartedly expect him to pick up the Player option this year with an extension ready to be signed shortly thereafter - with this offseason being the most likely time that they "finalize" a roster with their assets. He has to appreciate the exposure he is getting here in NY and the fact that this team is built for him as an archtype player.

This is the Randle.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/19/2024  9:37 PM
The MRI was clean. That was good news. After surgery soreness is not a strange thing. Do I have trepidation? Of course.
gradyandrew

3/19/2024  11:36 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:

I think you are a bit more pessimistic. Thibs is the person speaking on this and he tends to be a no nonsense guy. His comments here seem on point.

I do not believe that this affects his contract pricing in the least. I wholeheartedly expect him to pick up the Player option this year with an extension ready to be signed shortly thereafter - with this offseason being the most likely time that they "finalize" a roster with their assets. He has to appreciate the exposure he is getting here in NY and the fact that this team is built for him as an archtype player.

Thib's conference was after my post and it seemed like good news. OG picking up the option and Knicks giving him a long extension would be great for team building. I'm not really sure it happens though Leon has earned a lot of my confidence in being able to get team friendly deals done.

On spotrac they have 9 teams with 30 or more million in cap space so it looks like there will be at least some competition to resign our guys this offseason.

EwingsGlass
USA
3/20/2024  10:02 AM
gradyandrew wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:

Thib's conference was after my post and it seemed like good news. OG picking up the option and Knicks giving him a long extension would be great for team building. I'm not really sure it happens though Leon has earned a lot of my confidence in being able to get team friendly deals done.

On spotrac they have 9 teams with 30 or more million in cap space so it looks like there will be at least some competition to resign our guys this offseason.

I am pretty confident that the Knicks knew they can re-sign OG before trading for him.

This is the Randle.
DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/2/2024  8:58 AM
OG's injury has been changed to "tennis elbow" as opposed to "injury management".

OG Anunoby’s latest injury finally has a name.

The Knicks changed Anunoby’s injury designation to right elbow tendinopathy — tennis elbow — after saying on previous reports he was out due to “injury management.”

https://nypost.com/2024/04/01/sports/knicks-og-anunoby-dealing-with-tennis-elbow-in-injury-twist/

TheMTL
Member: #9140

4/2/2024  5:36 PM
DLeethal wrote:OG's injury has been changed to "tennis elbow" as opposed to "injury management".

OG Anunoby’s latest injury finally has a name.

The Knicks changed Anunoby’s injury designation to right elbow tendinopathy — tennis elbow — after saying on previous reports he was out due to “injury management.”

https://nypost.com/2024/04/01/sports/knicks-og-anunoby-dealing-with-tennis-elbow-in-injury-twist/

Knicks full of CAP. Still under reporting this injury

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/11/2024  11:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/11/2024  11:55 PM
So nice I had to post it twice.

I feel that good individual defenders who are also plus team defenders while being solid offensively are incredibly underrated to teams. OG and iHart are the type of guys that are wickedly undervalued in today’s NBA landscape.

Pure guess: Knicks’ FO analytical staff is living up to their namesake. Brunson, Hart, iHart, OG. Mitch offensive rebounding. DDV Shooting. Spread offense with Brunson. They got it right IMHO

OG is just the full flex embodiment of that thinking.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
gradyandrew

4/12/2024  5:08 AM
martin wrote:So nice I had to post it twice.

I feel that good individual defenders who are also plus team defenders while being solid offensively are incredibly underrated to teams. OG and iHart are the type of guys that are wickedly undervalued in today’s NBA landscape.

Pure guess: Knicks’ FO analytical staff is living up to their namesake. Brunson, Hart, iHart, OG. Mitch offensive rebounding. DDV Shooting. Spread offense with Brunson. They got it right IMHO

In yesterday's game vs Boston I noticed an assistant coach furiously trying to give This a printed out box score of some type during a timeout. This seemed more interested in talking to the players but I thought it was a good sign that they are using analytics during the games.

martin
USA
4/12/2024  7:17 AM
gradyandrew wrote:
martin wrote:So nice I had to post it twice.

In yesterday's game vs Boston I noticed an assistant coach furiously trying to give This a printed out box score of some type during a timeout. This seemed more interested in talking to the players but I thought it was a good sign that they are using analytics during the games.

If it was at the beginning of the 4th when Knicks were up by 30 and Boston was waiving the white flag but also apparently bringing in the Dream Team of bench players, that was just a takeout menu for noshing after game. That giant belly don't feed itself

martin
USA
4/14/2024  7:07 PM
End of regular season recap

For me, foundational piece. Just don’t ask him to create.

EwingsGlass
USA
4/15/2024  7:52 AM
martin wrote:End of regular season recap

Crow-d control.

This is the Randle.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/15/2024  8:13 AM
If OG takes Tatum out of his game, Josh and DDV on Brown the knicks stand a good chance in a series.
Likewise our guys have to score points also.
Its no coincidence the way knicks are constructed. Really fun stuff here!!!!
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/15/2024  8:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/15/2024  8:21 AM
martin wrote:End of regular season recap

I agree with your assessment

In fact, for me, his acquisition and his effects reminds me of when we got Camby (the first time)

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
martin
USA
4/15/2024  3:48 PM
Pretty good

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/29/2024  12:56 AM
The amazing thing about this trade is we also got O.G.
Knicks finalizing trade for OG: It’s bad - badass for Knicks, bad for rest of league BOO YA

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy