[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks finalizing trade for OG: It’s bad - badass for Knicks, bad for rest of league BOO YA
Author Thread
nycericanguy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9127

12/30/2023  1:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/30/2023  1:15 PM
Garrett2010PSD wrote:A few are speculating that this could be a prelude to a trade for a star.

I sure hope so because this team just got worse IMO.

Maybe a package that includes Randle, Grimes, and a ton of draft capital for someone like DM?

Then I could live with this trade.

it makes us better.

OG is going to give us the production IQ does on low volume with better defense than RJ. almost like combinig those two players.

Grimes, DDV, Hart will play more now too and that makes us better.

Precious is a big tough body that we need now with Mitch out. I assume he'll play backup C and backup PF.

overall just balances the roster and I think it will help guys like Grimes get into rhythm and that also makes us better.

AUTOADVERT
Clean
Member: #743
12/30/2023  1:14 PM
LivingLegend wrote:Our defense has been **** - this gives us 2 legit big/long wing defenders to play with and or sub for Julius.

When we get Mitch back that’s 2 legit front court defenders with OG.

Really would like to see Murray here —- maybe for Grimes and a pick or 2.

That would be a solid / balanced squad with offensive/defensive versatility.

Low key excited for Achiuwa and Flynn - both kids I liked coming into league——— think fans will like Precious.

I agree a lot with your points, except maybe Murray(depending on trade). I am seeing the vision but it all depends on how they finish making moves. one of Randle or Rj had to go. Their defense was too bad and they are bad shooters so they never fit.

DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

12/30/2023  1:16 PM

MS wrote:The Toronto Raptors are finalizing a trade to send OG Anunoby to the New York Knicks for a package including RJ Barrett, Immanuel Quickley and draft considerations, sources tell ESPN.

This is a fleece. I like their team better than ours immediately, OG is the most overrated injury prone player in the league.

Embarrassing they are throwing in draft considerations.

Horrible deal for rental star 🌟 no
guarantees, This deal is ABSURD!
Very angry 😠

Quigley & RJ Was least of the Knickerbockers
problem for getting better

Raptors got better period
especially getting more draft picks
#ASSEDINEFREAKINGDEALOSINGQUIGLEY

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
TheMTL
Member: #9140

12/30/2023  1:16 PM
LivingLegend wrote:Our defense has been **** - this gives us 2 legit big/long wing defenders to play with and or sub for Julius.

Low key excited for Achiuwa and Flynn - both kids I liked coming into league——— think fans will like Precious.

I was thinking that too. Knicks seem all in on Thibs type players, so we might as well go and get Dejounte Murray.

Murray, OG, & Robinson is a defensive wet dream

Garrett2010PSD
Member: #9141
USA
12/30/2023  1:17 PM
DLeethal wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Garrett2010PSD wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:this is the kind of package that should have been used to get Mitchell or Mikal, not OG

Probably would have to give more in draft capital but I agree.

My criticism is maybe they could have gotten a better player (like Mikal), but hope our FO checked and were rebuffed.

I think Mikal is as untouchable as a player can get for their respective team.

That's fine, make the move for DM then.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/30/2023  1:18 PM
we lost IQ and got a premier defensive player back who actually hits his 3s. OG is a much better fit. A true floor spacer for Brunson/Randle.

RJ was a good kid but consistently the worst player in our rotation. IQ was obviously a big loss and we will see who or if fills his shoes.

Too bad Mitch is hurt... would be nice to see him in this mix

Very good trade. Knicks are more balanced moving forward.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Garrett2010PSD
USA
12/30/2023  1:18 PM
SergioNYK wrote:Horrible awful trade! OG isn't even better than IQ let alone RJ! To trade both for him is one of the worst trades ever! I wanna cry!!

I hear you. Makes no sense unless blockbuster trade for star guard is incoming.

nycericanguy

12/30/2023  1:20 PM
OG is also going to play 32mpg here, IQ didn't have a path to those kind of minutes. so just having him out there for longer makes us better.
Garrett2010PSD
USA
12/30/2023  1:20 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
Garrett2010PSD wrote:A few are speculating that this could be a prelude to a trade for a star.

Maybe a package that includes Randle, Grimes, and a ton of draft capital for someone like DM?

it makes us better.

OG is going to give us the production IQ does on low volume with better defense than RJ. almost like combinig those two players.

Precious is a big tough body that we need now with Mitch out. I assume he'll play backup C and backup PF.

overall just balances the roster and I think it will help guys like Grimes get into rhythm and that also makes us better.

I don't agree. He is not better than both players combined. Knick fans down way too much on RJ just because he is struggling lately. Forgot about the big games already.

nycericanguy

12/30/2023  1:22 PM
Garrett2010PSD wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:

it makes us better.

I don't agree. He is not better than both players combined. Knick fans down way too much on RJ just because he is struggling lately. Forgot about the big games already.

no he's not... but we are consolidating two parts into one that really fits, can play 32mpg, shoot and defend.

OG is very solid, he cant be the final piece though.

I also get us wanting OG as the east goes through BOS right now and OG is a big piece to defend those guys, and even the Butler's and Middletowns.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/30/2023  1:23 PM
My prediction: Grimes will get a nice contract this summer. $20M range if if if he gets better and now he has a chance for more shots. Maybe.

It'll put the Knicks in line for either Donovan or, in a year or so from now, Mikal.

Now Donovan or Mikal will have leverage to do what they want and it'll be a fight for both guys to the benefit to the Knicks.

Brunson, Donovan, OG, Randle, Mitch

OR

Brunson, Mikal, OG, Randle, Mitch

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TheMTL
Member: #9140

12/30/2023  1:24 PM
Garrett2010PSD wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:

it makes us better.

It does balance us; however it should have been Grimes for the balance and not IQ. Now we will struggle to score again. We gave up nearly 35ppg and two legit scoring options. I'm not sure how legit OG is in scoring but I know it's not better than IQ

DLeethal
Member: #9126

12/30/2023  1:25 PM

Precious gives us a good fit at backup 4 at least. The rebalancing of the lineup makes sense now.

Brunson - DDV - OG - Randle - iHart
Flynn/Deuce - Grimes - Hart - Precious - Taj

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/30/2023  1:25 PM
Bittersweet as mentioned.
Who said DM or Bridges are even on the Market?
IF DM was, seems like not a good fit with Brunson.
Bridges? Nets selling?
The trade we missed was Derrick White, not KP.
But thats spitballing context!

IQ? Loved his shooting but little else. RJ? Yeah, I'll miss him. Good kid and hard worker. I was coming around to his fit for the team (see my stuff pre trade today) and now done, I'll just get over it in time.
OG is a good fit. One injury prone stretch.

Lets do this: He is CAA. Let the fun begin. We likely understand his price going forward.
And we did a big ass trade with Toronto which dispels the fan idiocy that the lawsuit was an impediment. Not if its a deal both teams want to make. They did.
Precious? Flynn? This is some interesting stuff coming in. We get the back up PF that many fans thought FO was negligent about.
Flynn? Not really up on him.
Still here is EF and we gave up on 2nd rounder. I don't feel we got fleeced unless RJ grows into his potential. To be fair same for IQ.
There will be another shoe to drop?

Lets be real, this is something that had to get done if we are move beyond our current ceiling. IQ needed more minutes if he was to grow. Glad we took care of RJ sending him to Toronto.
OG 3pt open looks will be welcome.
RJ was here 4.3 years. He family. Its never easy. Felt the same about KP. But it must be.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/30/2023  1:26 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
DLeethal
Member: #9126

12/30/2023  1:26 PM

I always felt a trade for an offensive star like Donovan or Lavine or Booker didn't work without a big, strong defensive 3. Need to counter the lack of defense you get at the 1/2 with Brunson and a guy like that. I think those guys make a lot more sense now for a contender than they did pairing them with RJ or Hart.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/30/2023  1:27 PM
F***

Quickley the best player in this trade...**** Toronto.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/30/2023  1:27 PM
nycericanguy wrote:trading IQ is a huge fail. we had enough assets to hold onto him.

I would have been fine with Barrett but not Quickley

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/30/2023  1:28 PM
Lets not call OG "precious" we'll all sound like Gollum lol.
nycericanguy

12/30/2023  1:28 PM
martin wrote:

wonder if this means we did it today to extend him? 4/117m would be solid

Knicks finalizing trade for OG: It’s bad - badass for Knicks, bad for rest of league BOO YA

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy