[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 12/30/23 @7PM] Knicks @ Pacers
Author Thread
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

12/31/2023  11:08 AM
Have the Knicks dropped the lawsuit against Toronto ?
AUTOADVERT
EwingPSD
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9129

12/31/2023  12:13 PM
sealy wrote:Was that the most effort on D Obi has ever put out there? Felt like it.

He definitely gave a little extra with Randle going at him. Randle is also stupid. Obi can’t navigate screens. I think Randle bailed out Obi by isolating in the post so often. Jimmy Butler did the same thing against Obi and actually struggled for a half witb Obi playing him. The Heat continued to target Obi but in the 2nd half they started setting off ball screens so Jimmy could get it on a cut or by putting him in PnR. Jimmy had a big 2nd half. If Julius faced up and had someone set a pick for him he would of gotten the switch of his choice (he got Buddy the one time Deuce set a screen for him) or he probably would have gotten downhill with Obi trailing bc he has a lot of trouble getting around screens. Randle saw Obi and it led to ho playing one of his poorer games in terms of process.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

12/31/2023  12:15 PM
EwingPSD wrote:
sealy wrote:Was that the most effort on D Obi has ever put out there? Felt like it.

He definitely gave a little extra with Randle going at him. Randle is also stupid. Obi can’t navigate screens. I think Randle bailed out Obi by isolating in the post so often. Jimmy Butler did the same thing against Obi and actually struggled for a half witb Obi playing him. The Heat continued to target Obi but in the 2nd half they started setting off ball screens so Jimmy could get it on a cut or by putting him in PnR. Jimmy had a big 2nd half. If Julius faced up and had someone set a pick for him he would of gotten the switch of his choice (he got Buddy the one time Deuce set a screen for him) or he probably would have gotten downhill with Obi trailing bc he has a lot of trouble getting around screens. Randle saw Obi and it led to ho playing one of his poorer games in terms of process.

yea Obi isn't half bad guarding 1 on 1 in the post.

Randle lost his composure and just made things alot easier for IND.

oh well on to the next, that was gonna be a tough game on B2B so shorthanded.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/31/2023  12:27 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
EwingPSD wrote:

And therein lies the reason Randle can be a most excellent player that'll win you a ton of games but who you can't quite trust enough to be a #1b or #2 IMHO. He is a third piece but one you can beat 80% of the league with on any given night by himself.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EwingPSD

12/31/2023  12:38 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
EwingPSD wrote:

I think they play again in about a week. I am curious to see if how they attack Obi changes. Randle could get hot or draw fouls this way but I don’t think it’s the smartest thing to do

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

12/31/2023  12:39 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
EwingPSD wrote:

Based on what? Obi is very familiar guarding Randle. That's about the most you could say about Obi's defense

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

12/31/2023  12:42 PM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
EwingPSD wrote:

And therein lies the reason Randle can be a most excellent player that'll win you a ton of games but who you can't quite trust enough to be a #1b or #2 IMHO. He is a third piece but one you can beat 80% of the league with on any given night by himself.

he's a great reg season player but I don't trust him or his ability to keep his composure at all.

EwingPSD

12/31/2023  12:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/31/2023  1:20 PM
I’m also curious to see if Randle might get called for an offensive foul or even two next time they play bc Carlile exploded and got a tech complaining about it (Jalen h got one too). It will probably be a different crew but the games are close together and Rick is an older well respected coach. I am curious how much effect coaches politicking can have
EwingPSD

12/31/2023  1:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/31/2023  1:57 PM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
EwingPSD wrote:

This might be tested soon. We’ve never been great at creating offense with pace or movement. IQ and RJ are both probably better suited to start plays or create pace than OG. Without more moves this trade probably puts more creation responsibility and pressure on Randle. To his credit I think he’s having a great year so far.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/31/2023  2:02 PM
EwingPSD wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
EwingPSD wrote:

This might be tested soon. We’ve never been great at creating offense with pace or movement. IQ and RJ are both probably better suited to start plays or create pace than OG. Without more moves this trade probably puts more creation responsibility and pressure on Randle. To his credit I think he’s having a great year so far.

I think you are right on that. Probably why the Knicks would also really covet Dejounte Murray if they could get him for Fournier and lots of picks but doubt that is possible unless Atlanta needed those picks for a different trade.

I love Dejounte off bench for Knicks in a 6th man role.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
[Game Thread 12/30/23 @7PM] Knicks @ Pacers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy