[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 12/29/23 7PM] Knicks at Magic
Author Thread
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
12/29/2023  8:00 PM
Three minutes left in the quarter, and the entire team has scored 5 more points than me.
AUTOADVERT
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
12/29/2023  8:10 PM
RJ with a massive turd of a half. It’s painful to watch him.
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
12/29/2023  8:54 PM
IQ is going to the magic. 14 minutes? Thibs is tough
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/29/2023  8:57 PM
Orlando was my sleeper team. They played a long stretch of 500 ball last year, but it was after they dug a deep hole at the start of the season.

It kinda hurts to think that both Orlando and OKC are going to have a higher ceiling than us.

Alpha1971
Member: #9006

12/29/2023  9:23 PM
franco12 wrote:Orlando was my sleeper team. They played a long stretch of 500 ball last year, but it was after they dug a deep hole at the start of the season.

It kinda hurts to think that both Orlando and OKC are going to have a higher ceiling than us.

I think if the Knicks bring in two good rookies at the center and forward spots with their first rounders and maybe some more depth with our second rounders and make a good trade we can be more dangerous. Key is our ceiling is limited by the coach

Clean
Member: #743
12/29/2023  9:39 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
franco12 wrote:Orlando was my sleeper team. They played a long stretch of 500 ball last year, but it was after they dug a deep hole at the start of the season.

I think if the Knicks bring in two good rookies at the center and forward spots with their first rounders and maybe some more depth with our second rounders and make a good trade we can be more dangerous. Key is our ceiling is limited by the coach

Been saying this for years. He got us this far which is good. The bad thing is this is about as far as he can take us. He is not the only problem but he is one of them.
Alpha1971

12/29/2023  10:06 PM
Clean wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

Been saying this for years. He got us this far which is good. The bad thing is this is about as far as he can take us. He is not the only problem but he is one of them.

He is a good coach. Doesn't adjust in game or utilize his bench. If we had a deeper bench he would t use them anyway

franco12
Member: #599
USA
12/29/2023  11:13 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
Clean wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

He is a good coach. Doesn't adjust in game or utilize his bench. If we had a deeper bench he would t use them anyway

I was part of the Fire Thibs contingent last year before we made our run of improved play.

I think he is a pretty good coach- one of the better ones in the league. We just don’t have talent.

Brunson is, Becky Hammon is right, too small and also, for as good as he is, not a top talent.

Randle is a nice talent, and really stepping his game up this year.

RJ is a stat filler.

And then we have a bunch of nice hustle energy guys that have small roles that they exceed at.

But I am watching the game- and we don’t do anything on defense that causes the other team to adjust. And we don’t really do anything on offense that other teams can’t stop if they try.

We’re a scrappy team that is one of the top grind it out teams.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

12/30/2023  1:03 AM
ToddTT wrote:Let’s sit RJ and play 4 on 5.

Have to watch him with one eye closed and the other with a patch on it.

Watching him on D is easier because it's non existent.

LivingLegend

12/30/2023  1:06 AM
nycericanguy wrote:ORL is a team I could see throwing $30m per at IQ. they could really use him.

Maybe as an off-ball shooter but I would keep the ball in Franz/Paolo's hands --- man Franz is SO GOOD and Bancero right there or maybe better (tough choice).

Watching game - aside from vomit worthy RJ trash -- the length, athleticism and bounce of Magic was alarmingly superior and we are supposed to be a younger team.

LivingLegend

12/30/2023  1:10 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:

Franz & Bancero would both look just as GREAT with Thibs coaching them - it's not the coach we are lacking talent almost every night. Thibs has his flaws but he is squeezing as much as he can out of this squad - especially Jalen/Julius.

The refusal to have a legit vet big wing on our bench is mind boggling and the continued pushing of the RJ minutes is alarming.

LivingLegend

12/30/2023  1:14 AM
Julius is winning me over with the play style change to downhill / bully ball which seems to have lead to better decisions and his D seems to be ok now.

Such a talented offensive player when playing to his strengths.

If you were a defender would you be happy Julius settled for 8 3's a game or would you want the Mack truck plowing down your throat to the hoop?
His skills are VERY HIGH when playing this way - truly enjoying watching this and hoping he can keep this style going with head on right all season.

LivingLegend

12/30/2023  1:17 AM
This may make folks feel better ---- RJ with team high 37 minutes and team low -22 +/-.
LivingLegend

12/30/2023  1:18 AM
LOL on other site someone has RJ jersey with # (-22)
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

12/30/2023  7:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/30/2023  7:46 AM
this team doesn't quit, down 20 we made a game of it. IQ missed a few momentum stoppers there and a couple of no calls on JB, but when you put yourself in a hole you need everything to go your way late.

RJ's 1st half was tough to watch but he was big time in the 4th.

JB to Randle on the handoff to the rim was beautiful to watch over and over again. Randle is just a bully down low, I was happy he shot alot of 3's last year, we needed it. but now i'm happy he's not shooting 3's so much. We have enough shooting this year where Randle is best just attacking the paint.

we are missing Mitch no doubt. We got killed on the boards and that never happens with Mitch. Thibs ended up having to go small with Randle at C.

Alpha1971

12/30/2023  7:49 AM
franco12 wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Clean wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

I was part of the Fire Thibs contingent last year before we made our run of improved play.

I think he is a pretty good coach- one of the better ones in the league. We just don’t have talent.

Brunson is, Becky Hammon is right, too small and also, for as good as he is, not a top talent.

Randle is a nice talent, and really stepping his game up this year.

RJ is a stat filler.

And then we have a bunch of nice hustle energy guys that have small roles that they exceed at.

But I am watching the game- and we don’t do anything on defense that causes the other team to adjust. And we don’t really do anything on offense that other teams can’t stop if they try.

We’re a scrappy team that is one of the top grind it out teams.

Thibs doesn't use the bench only his 9 man rotation and this has contributed to the team not trying to add talent such as in the draft. So I am afraid to get interested in the upcoming draft. Another team we might be getting hopeful at the young players we could get cause we could use a shot of youthful energy and talent. But we might just punt on the draft for a future protected pick(s) if no other deals occur.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/30/2023  7:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/30/2023  8:01 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Julius is winning me over with the play style change to downhill / bully ball which seems to have lead to better decisions and his D seems to be ok now.

Such a talented offensive player when playing to his strengths.

If you were a defender would you be happy Julius settled for 8 3's a game or would you want the Mack truck plowing down your throat to the hoop?
His skills are VERY HIGH when playing this way - truly enjoying watching this and hoping he can keep this style going with head on right all season.

Been saying this for three years. Few agreed.
They will post a video of him arguing or not getting back. (Annoying and unacceptable) but ignored the strengths and value he has. Also need to add his improvement with passing out and actually looking to set others up. He would have had a triple double last night if not for our horrible 3pt shooting. Still has to continue to improve though. Has to recognize quick teams that double quickly. Prefer when he establishes better position on low block. He sometimes settles for too high a post position and over dribbles. However, he was the only one that came out with a high level of effort/energy last night.

As for the game, we go as our best players go. JB, RJ struggled. RJ is on his way to the trading table. Rather have IQ, JHart or Devo in there. At least they can defend. And two of those can hit an open three. Gotta also say, the team has been much more selfish since the Bucks win. Got to get back to moving the rock. Down six JB forced it and RJ did his bad Kobe impression. But it was a team loss. Magic came out wanting the win and .ost of Knicks were not ready for it.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Alpha1971

12/30/2023  7:57 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

Franz & Bancero would both look just as GREAT with Thibs coaching them - it's not the coach we are lacking talent almost every night. Thibs has his flaws but he is squeezing as much as he can out of this squad - especially Jalen/Julius.

The refusal to have a legit vet big wing on our bench is mind boggling and the continued pushing of the RJ minutes is alarming.

When we got DDV I was like ok, what next for our forward spot, once they traded Obi. I liked Obi but once he was traded we needed a forward off the bench who has size and ability to do something for match ups or injury. Whatever, I don't know, maybe the front office will do something... Right. Love the Knicks. Hope they find some talent in the upcoming draft with size and versatility and Thibs uses them

Clean
Member: #743
12/30/2023  8:18 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

Told yall about them regular season games and how it will make you forget everything. Randle has had 2 All NBA seasons. The regular season was never his problem. Like I said from the start of the season. Show me this in the playoffs without any effort issues and all will be forgiven. When teams gameplans for him everthing changes. The same goes for Quick.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

12/30/2023  8:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/30/2023  8:45 AM
MIkal is really what this team needs, sucks he's on BK because another team likely trades him to us.

A high IQ, efficient shooter and defender who can score 20 any given night and defend multiple positions. Add in the whole connection with his Nova boys and it's just such a perfect fit.

we still wouldn't be on the BOS level but we'd be close enough that we could pull off an upset.

I'd give alot for MIkal at this point.

two of RJ, IQ or Grimes + 4 1sts. We practically have 3 1sts in just this draft alone. Trim the roster and open up more playing time for guys as well in the process.

[Game Thread 12/29/23 7PM] Knicks at Magic

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy