**30 Games Eval**
Author Thread
NYStateOfMind
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5741
USA
12/28/2023  8:14 PM
17-13 (Current)

Lets start out with a great positive, the SOS has been horrific for our Knicks and continues, despite it, they are on pace to win 47 games. There is no shame in losing to the Bucks and Celts, they are better teams and most of our losses are against these 2 teams. I figured with the addition of DDV and not knowing the difficult schedule, we could win around 52 games. So, I'm pleased so far.

The Knicks don't need that Dude, they need another dude to enter the bottom of the next NBA tier. Brunson is a Dude, JR most of the time is a Dude, but Dude level drops from here. What I do know is RJ is not a Dude, Grimes is not a Dude, and IQ is an inconsistent Dude. DDV, Hart, iHart, and Mitch are closer to Dudes than not.

Thibs is not that coach Dude to get us to the next level. JB, JR, & RJ are not a good fit, with JR returning back to form, RJ needs to go. Take Thibs, Grimes, and EF with him. The Knicks don't need a 1A to level up, maybe to win a chip. But, getting another Dude or 2 would put them right there with the better teams.

So, who is that Dude? Not sure, I don't think it is OG. With the way RJ has been playing minus the 1st 7 games, maybe DM is a huge upgrade to the team. DeRozan is too old and doesn't help the outside shooting, Klutch Lavine cost too much, Klutch Murray seems a nice fit but I don't see him coming. Markkanen would cost too much. Either Bogdanovic would be nice. Tobias Harris or P Will would be a solid backup PF, but not sure what Philly would want. Grant is playing well. Kuzma doesn't shoot the 3 well enough. Hunter might be a good fit. I'm not a KAT fan, but he is having a strong season. Stewart & Reid are nice C options.

I'm not sure Taj or when he returns, Sims, are the C answer long-term. They need to free up Josh by getting a true PF pack-up, an upgrade from RJ (doesn't need to be a SG with IQ & DDV), and a back-up PG wouldn't hurt. If we get any or all of these things and Thibs doesn't get to the ECF, he needs to go next.

The next 2 games are young fast teams, which isn't a good sign seeing what OKC did to us. We should win both, but must win 1 of them. Lets go Knicks!!!

AUTOADVERT
NYStateOfMind
USA
12/28/2023  9:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/28/2023  9:10 PM
EwingsGlass suggested the following:

Option A:

Brunson/DDV
Mitchell/jHart
Anunoby/Bey
Randle
Markkanen/iHart

Overall, love it. I'm not sure we can pry Bey free. Dealing with Ainge or Ujiri is a nightmare overpay in the making. Maybe expand the Utah trade to include Olynyk. Or go for a Grant/Brogdon combo trade, Portland is easier to trade with. I add the following options below.

Option B:
Brunson/???
Mitchell/DDV
Anunoby/jHart
Randle/Olynyk
Markkanen/iHart

or

Option C:
Brunson/Brogdon
Mitchell/DDV
Grant/jHart
Randle/Olynyk
Markkanen/iHart

Which is stronger, A, B, or C? Any realistic? I think one of those options IF possible, could win it all.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/28/2023  10:02 PM
NYStateOfMind wrote:EwingsGlass suggested the following:

Option A:

Brunson/DDV
Mitchell/jHart
Anunoby/Bey
Randle
Markkanen/iHart

Overall, love it. I'm not sure we can pry Bey free. Dealing with Ainge or Ujiri is a nightmare overpay in the making. Maybe expand the Utah trade to include Olynyk. Or go for a Grant/Brogdon combo trade, Portland is easier to trade with. I add the following options below.

Option B:
Brunson/???
Mitchell/DDV
Anunoby/jHart
Randle/Olynyk
Markkanen/iHart

or

Option C:
Brunson/Brogdon
Mitchell/DDV
Grant/jHart
Randle/Olynyk
Markkanen/iHart

Which is stronger, A, B, or C? Any realistic? I think one of those options IF possible, could win it all.

What's up NYState. Long time hearing from you. As for those options, I can't see any of them working as long as Thibs is coach. Thibs would not be down with Lauri at center. Just not good enough a defender or shotblocker. I think you'd have to choose between Lauri and Randle. If I had to choose, it'd be option B, but you'd definitely need Mitch or iHart starting with MitchRib in the lineup. The backcourt defense would be too weak.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

12/29/2023  7:13 PM
I'm thinking the Knicks will draft a SF and Center with their first round picks. Other teams have added players from the draft into their rotations and the rookies have helped. Look at Jacquez in Miami and Lively in Dallas. The team needs more depth and size. Maybe we just use future second rounders to bring in some vet forward and center for the remainder of the season. So far the season has gone as predicted, we are a better then mediocre and less then elite team.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/29/2023  9:57 PM
I thought the Knicks should have traded into the first round for Jacquez. Big combo forward who was nba ready and also CAA. He was an easy target.
NYStateOfMind
USA
12/30/2023  2:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/30/2023  2:27 PM
Lets be real here, OG is a huge upgrade over RJ and IQ. Things he can do they can't, he can shoot and hit the contested 3pt shot. He can finish and finish strong at the rim. He can get out on transition fastbreaks and often jams it home. He is a premier defender, RJ wasn't and compared to IQ, he is 6'7 vs 6'2. He averages the same steals as RJ & IQ combined. He is just as efficient as IQ and more than RJ. Who knows if RJ's migraines become a continued issue and if IQ wasn't staying. I'd rather a somewhat consistent OG over RJ and IQ was probably gone either way, via a different trade or poison pill offer. OG moves well without the ball, can create his own shot and drive to the hoop through traffic and sometimes with Randle-like aggression.

Sure, he needs to play more games per season, probably how often he hits the ground after his shot like Jalen does. Add that we got a backup PG & PF, that was an ideal trade to balance this team off and get jHart back to a better position. Damn good job front office, great if they kept IQ for another deal and added a 1st rounder, but overall, NO complaints with this deal.

NYStateOfMind
USA
12/30/2023  2:27 PM
Also, we got a a lot more athletic and bigger as an overall team, which leads to better pace. Have you seen aggressive highlights of Precious vs Embiid?
**30 Games Eval**

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy