[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Better Center: Hartenstein or MRob?
Author Thread
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

12/26/2023  9:11 PM
Knicks are really lucky to have both but it seems like iHart has so much more versatility on the offensive end with only a little drop off in the things that Mitchell does best: defense and offensive rebounding.

Maybe the Robinson injury will have a silver lining.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/26/2023  10:52 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
12/26/2023  11:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2023  11:26 PM
gradyandrew wrote:Knicks are really lucky to have both but it seems like iHart has so much more versatility on the offensive end with only a little drop off in the things that Mitchell does best: defense and offensive rebounding.

Whats the trade market for Mitch?

I'm not sure who, but somebody will have to get traded eventually to improve this team. Boston was loaded and needed KP. Bucks are a championship team who just added Dame. Warriors added KD. Lebron and his banana boat buddy's.

Mitch is my guy, but nobody should be exempt from a trade scenery if it improves the team. JB might be the only exception, but it's hard to root against Bully Randle....except when he switches to "Spaz Out Randle". But all the other supporting cast members should be up for grab, for the right deal.

I like iHart and would love to keep him. He's the type of player that will give 110% effort and he can actually shoot free throws. I like him starting or coming off the bench. He excels at both. My worry is can we keep him, or will he price himself out with his performance uptick?

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Swishfm3
Member: #392
12/27/2023  1:11 AM
iHart was always better because he is more well rounded player. Robinson is great at one thing while iHart is good in a lot of areas….and the way this team is constructed, iHart should have been getting the bulk of the minutes from the beginning of the season.
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

12/27/2023  3:16 AM
blkexec wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:Knicks are really lucky to have both but it seems like iHart has so much more versatility on the offensive end with only a little drop off in the things that Mitchell does best: defense and offensive rebounding.

Whats the trade market for Mitch?

I'm not sure who, but somebody will have to get traded eventually to improve this team. Boston was loaded and needed KP. Bucks are a championship team who just added Dame. Warriors added KD. Lebron and his banana boat buddy's.

Mitch is my guy, but nobody should be exempt from a trade scenery if it improves the team. JB might be the only exception, but it's hard to root against Bully Randle....except when he switches to "Spaz Out Randle". But all the other supporting cast members should be up for grab, for the right deal.

I like iHart and would love to keep him. He's the type of player that will give 110% effort and he can actually shoot free throws. I like him starting or coming off the bench. He excels at both. My worry is can we keep him, or will he price himself out with his performance uptick?

Knicks have about 138 in salary if they decline EF's team option. The Super Apron is 190 (estimated). If iHart gets 15 and IQ 25, NY would have about 13 million to fill out the other 6 spots. That will be a little challenging.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

12/27/2023  7:07 AM
Tastier food: pizza or burger?
DLeethal
Member: #9126

12/27/2023  8:15 AM
I give Mitch the edge in pure impact despite his flaws in certain areas on offense. Mitch can dominate a game on the boards. A huge piece of this teams identity was built around his offensive rebounding. iHart is more versatile though and very serviceable. The two of them together give us a serious power advantage every night. I do worry that an injury to iHart or Randle and this team falls off a cliff because there is no beef up front behind them.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
12/27/2023  8:24 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:Tastier food: pizza or burger?

This is pretty spot on.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/27/2023  8:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/27/2023  8:47 AM
Mitch's latest injury probably has affected his trade value. Unless Mitch was moved to a contender late in the season (not this one) or a team that was close. Not that many games needed from him.

Mitch will likely come off the bench when he gets back either way. If iHart can make a case over the next few weeks that he is more of a consistent two way player than Mitch. Thibs might keep him there, maybe Mitch stays healthier with less PT.

I will say this about Hartenstein, when we play uptempo, he does a pretty good Draymond Green imitation, in the way he finds cutters, the open man. Green can play traffic cop in half court better than most. When he isnt being suspended.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/27/2023  11:13 AM
ToddTT wrote:

This is pretty spot on.

Good thing we have both.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
12/27/2023  11:13 AM

Can chicken wings get in on this? With a mandatory side of beer for all 3?

martin
USA
12/27/2023  11:15 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

This is pretty spot on.

Good thing we have both.

What the blasphemy is happening here?

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/27/2023  11:56 AM
Tacos.
blkexec
Member: #748
12/27/2023  4:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/27/2023  4:47 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Mitch's latest injury probably has affected his trade value. Unless Mitch was moved to a contender late in the season (not this one) or a team that was close. Not that many games needed from him.

Mitch will likely come off the bench when he gets back either way. If iHart can make a case over the next few weeks that he is more of a consistent two way player than Mitch. Thibs might keep him there, maybe Mitch stays healthier with less PT.

I will say this about Hartenstein, when we play uptempo, he does a pretty good Draymond Green imitation, in the way he finds cutters, the open man. Green can play traffic cop in half court better than most. When he isnt being suspended.

You want both in one player. The next best thing is what we have now.

But running offense through iHart gives the starting unit another offensive option instead of ISO ball. iHart brings that second unit uptempo energy on both ends. You have to pair iHart with OG at PF. Old school Rasheed Wallace type PF and iHart works as a starter. But him and Randle is tricky to me. Sometimes it’s fine but other times they looked over matched.

Agree about Mitch trade value but he’s also showed enough to be mentioned as one of the best defensive bigs in the NBA. Even just top 3 that’s huge. And he’s still young. So a strong recovery and video recordings on a treadmill should bring his value back up slightly. Dunking vids on IG……

Love the Pizza or Burger answer!

But what if iHart learned something from Mitch on defense which you clearly see. Plus his offensive impact only gets better with time. Does this make Money Mitch expendable? We need to trade somebody with some value to get value back.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/27/2023  4:51 PM
Lechon
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/28/2023  1:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/28/2023  1:44 PM
Players that break don't have much trade value until healthy.
With iHart pending free agency im not sure we have great choices than to resign him and then get Mitch back next season.
Love the guy, just trying to ascertain a future reality.

The Beauty of iHart signing was his potential and how it fulfilled. Not fans who misunderstood his 3pt shooting 5, but the front office and Thibs.

Read fan who thinks we should fire Thibs for mismanagement game last night? Not like IQ staying in game was a guarantee of a win.
Just frustrating the move did not execute better I suppose. Fans prerogative.
iHart signing and growth did execute and for that KNICKS get props for it. We have a very good tandem at the 5.
Not Miles Turner! LOL.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/28/2023  4:53 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/30/2023  2:13 PM
Mitch grabs rebounds, blocks shots and changes shots with his length.
Better Center: Hartenstein or MRob?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy