USA
12/26/2023  10:25 PM
DLeethal wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Very nice to beat the Bucks at home on Christmas. Those guys have had our number bad. As much as I like iHart I think this team has lost a bit of an edge that we had with our 2 headed monster at C. Wonder if Knicks are going to go after someone to replace Mitch for a year. I was actually wondering what 20 mins of Dwight Howard would look like with this team. His game is very similar to Mitch in terms of the pros and cons.

Unfortunately, that version of Dwight ended in about 2017. He is literally out of the NBA for lots of reasons.

I know he is washed - we aren't getting a Mitch caliber player for free. But he is big, strong, and can rebound and guard the paint.

I think Dwight is out of the league mainly because he's a bit looney and also because that prototype player is not sought after anymore. The Knicks are a rarity in that they start and feature a big man who cannot do anything skill-wise offensively, can't hit a jumper, can't hit FTs. So I think Dwight could actually slide into what we do more than other teams.

You are advocating for someone who sucks

Well we just picked up someone who sucks (Taj) because someone else who sucks (Jericho) got injured. I think we need a big body who can rebound and rim protect and it needs to be a one year cheapie.

Technically, Taj doesn't suck. His d on the Freak was good. He can actually hit that 3 and he has a midrange shot too. A couple of post moves sprinkled in. He is actually our best offensive big outside of Randle with adequate D too

I like Taj as an emergency player. We are awfully small at the top now though. Our rebounding edge isn't there any more either. I think we need to beef up a little bit and get another legit C with size and strength. With Mitch out for the season, we are on thin ice at F and C in terms of having any sort of size/rebounding which has been a staple of our team since Thibs has been here.

Thib love Taj as much as parent loves their kids. There is no debate after that quite honestly.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
[Game Thread 12/25/23 @12PM] Knicks vs Bucks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy