[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Devo needs more minutes!
Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/26/2024  10:37 AM
DiVincenzo fits so well on this team and in the SL because he's not ball stopper - he's a ball mover/good passer who has no hesitation on his 3 ball. I think he has done great with shot fakes as well, and he's doing a much better job of finishing at the rim and not rushing shots or passes as he did early in the year. On D he gambles some, but he has a IQ/great instincts and creates so many turnovers for us, and crashes the boards on both sides.

We said the same about Hart when he came last year, because he came in here hitting the 3 and that confidence he got early got him through the rest of the year. But the 4 guard offense at Nova under Wright has served us well. Now we have OG who could have played at Nova the way he plays, but he's 3 inches taller and 30 pounds bigger with another 6 inches of wingspan. We have players that move the ball, shoot the ball and follow the ball around 2 guys who can really get buckets.

AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/27/2024  7:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2024  8:52 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:Did working out with JJ Reddick mess up Grimes ? He has not been good. As beautiful as his jumpers form looks the actual results have been ugly. Is he playing hurt ?

Mentioned it a couple of years ago. The only thing that concerned me about Grimes was his inability to create for himself but also always played like he was rushed. A long time ago, my coach explained what an athletes "inner game clock"was. That it was the speed your mind does things under pressure. Some athletes can't help but rush things even though they think they are not. The elite players are able to think in slow motion despite their surroundings rushing them. Don't know how much anyone can change that in players. Does not mean he can't be a good player but would need that to be elite

We are seeing why I felt Devo deserved more minutes with the SL. And it has nothing to do with his head to head stat count vs Grimes. Simply his better fit. I wanted an upgrade at SG and SF mainly because of the fit needed to go with JB and JR.
Devo fits perfectly with those 2. Always ready to shoot when teams double team JR. The high percentage 3pt shooter we have been calling for. A great swing man who creates when ball is reversed to him. Glad things are working for us. Now we need to add a spark plug off the bench and we may be dangerous.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

1/30/2024  9:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/30/2024  9:34 PM
Looking for Devo to show his true ceiling with JR being out. Great game last night to pick up the slack for JR. Many did not realize his skill set but it's been there since college.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

1/30/2024  9:47 PM
HofstraBBall

2/8/2024  6:45 AM
Devo needs more minutes!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy