[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mitchell Robinson Injury - Would you change your season win total?
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/22/2023  12:40 PM
Rookie wrote:
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:
martin wrote:
sealy wrote:Gonna find out pretty quickly against teams w/ solid bigs in Bucks, Thunder, Pacers, Wolves.

Truth

You guys do realize iHart is 7’-0” 250lbs. He ain’t small for his position

Oh for sure. Now it's all about: does he have enough talent to be a starter against really good teams, that's all.

I thought it was more about iHart being a better fit with the 2nd unit who likes to play fast and not a talent drop-off thing. Coincidentally, the starting unit is playing faster with iHart starting over Mitch. Even Randle is actually running at times which totally blew my mind

That was kinda fun to see. iHart with the quarterback throws

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/22/2023  1:02 PM
Really, lets figure this out. KP comes with his one year 36mm contract.
Wiz got the 25th pick in draft, Tyus Jones, and a future 1st round pick.
Boston got KP who might be a finishing piece.
Some fans think he’d be a finishing piece for us?
Boston Starting with him:
Tatum
Brown
White
Holiday

We are not that good. And we blow two picks for a potential one year rental?
Boston made a great move FOR THEM. He has been brilliant with that roster when he plays.
KP will be a free agent this summer. He can return. Im ok with that.
Who would have been traded from us? Who sits? Who moves on?

nycericanguy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9127

12/22/2023  1:06 PM
Nalod wrote:Really, lets figure this out. KP comes with his one year 36mm contract.
Tatum
Brown
White
Holiday

Boston made a great move FOR THEM. He has been brilliant with that roster when he plays.

WSH got Tyus Jones and 35, they didn't get the #25, that was MEM to BOS for Marcus Smart.

Knicks could have easily beat that offer with Obi and the DET pick.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

12/22/2023  1:14 PM
Nalod wrote:Really, lets figure this out. KP comes with his one year 36mm contract.
Tatum
Brown
White
Holiday

How do the new cap rules effect Boston in signing Tatum and KP?

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

12/22/2023  1:15 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
Tatum
Brown
White
Holiday

WSH got Tyus Jones and 35, they didn't get the #25, that was MEM to BOS for Marcus Smart.

Knicks could have easily beat that offer with Obi and the DET pick.

Knicks would have had to trade a starter

KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

12/22/2023  1:20 PM
KP has been playing very well and is a great fit for the Celtics. I will wait to see how he shows up for the rest of the season before getting all Porzingy.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/22/2023  11:51 PM

https://nypost.com/2023/12/21/sports/mitchell-robinson-heartbroken-to-leave-knicks-hanging-with-latest-injury/

In the six games that Robinson has missed, the Knicks are 17th in defensive rating at 119.9.

Their offensive rebounding percentage (30.4) ranks 13th and their defensive rebounding percentage (68.5) ranks 24th.

All were significantly higher with Robinson — the Knicks actually led the league in offensive rebounding percentage and defensive rebounding percentage before the injury, and were ninth in defensive rating (115.5), although there had been some slippage.

Interestingly, their offensive rating has increased, up to eighth in the NBA at 123.5.

With Robinson, they were ninth at 115.5.

I think this captures it. Robinson is going to be missed, especially on the defensive end. They've got the talent to step up on the offensive end.

Does that make us better?

I feel like we're competitive, but desperately have to find a way to add a piece this year, or I don't see us getting there after this year, because things start to break down - players have been healthy- eventually that goes. Guys want to get paid and leave or you lock up a guy like IQ and have no room to add someone like you did with Jalen.

I've been impressed with the front office.

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
12/26/2023  7:39 AM
It may affect it for a game or two but that may be it. I don't think necessarily replacing Mitch with a Mitch clone is a good thing. IHart is actually closer to they type of center Thibs built his rep on. He won with Joakim Noah, whose skillset is closer to iHart than Mitch (defensively Noah was Mitch level, but iHart isn't a slouch). In Minny he didn't have all defensive guys in the middle.

Defense is now going to just have to be team defense with better execution. I also think the offense will hit a higher level or 2 with iHart and his passing. It's not 4 on 5 on offense anymore.

It's not about trying to win the same now. It's just about winning different. This may be a forced evolution.

~You can't run from who you are.~
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

12/26/2023  10:10 AM
joec32033 wrote:It may affect it for a game or two but that may be it. I don't think necessarily replacing Mitch with a Mitch clone is a good thing. IHart is actually closer to they type of center Thibs built his rep on. He won with Joakim Noah, whose skillset is closer to iHart than Mitch (defensively Noah was Mitch level, but iHart isn't a slouch). In Minny he didn't have all defensive guys in the middle.

Defense is now going to just have to be team defense with better execution. I also think the offense will hit a higher level or 2 with iHart and his passing. It's not 4 on 5 on offense anymore.

It's not about trying to win the same now. It's just about winning different. This may be a forced evolution.

Heartenstein has to be retained as the starter next season. Mitch is great at what he does but doesn't fit with the starters as well as Heart. Mitch off the bench can helo change the pace of the game off the bench. Or maybe we draft a back up center and move Mitch. Mitch has no offense game other than offensive rebounds

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
12/26/2023  11:00 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:It may affect it for a game or two but that may be it. I don't think necessarily replacing Mitch with a Mitch clone is a good thing. IHart is actually closer to they type of center Thibs built his rep on. He won with Joakim Noah, whose skillset is closer to iHart than Mitch (defensively Noah was Mitch level, but iHart isn't a slouch). In Minny he didn't have all defensive guys in the middle.

Heartenstein has to be retained as the starter next season. Mitch is great at what he does but doesn't fit with the starters as well as Heart. Mitch off the bench can helo change the pace of the game off the bench. Or maybe we draft a back up center and move Mitch. Mitch has no offense game other than offensive rebounds

I agree 100%. Think iHart is a great starting C for how this team is built, especially if he is allowed to take a few 3's a game like he did in LA. I think Mitch is a great center and is amazing at what he does, but at some point a team has to have guys they are not covering up for.

The Knicks cover for Jalen's height/defense, Julius's attitude, RJ's inefficiency, Grimes' passiveness, jHart's lack of outside shooting, Quick's inconsistency, Mitch's no-offense...

You eventually have to have guys you are not covering for. Guys like iHart, Dante, now Taj...they don't need to be hidden. They are solid basketball players who are good at what they do and passable at their weaknesses.

I'm excited to see iHart at center to see that Dynamic. his defense will be more than passable just not as above the rim as Mitch, so to speak. Definitely will be more stay at home and less versatility on defense.It will be different, but different doesn't mean worse. It just means different.

~You can't run from who you are.~
martin
USA
12/26/2023  1:09 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:

Not for nothing, but I think you both nailed it. Forced evolution and possible fit for Mitch off bench.

At least the Knicks will get a long look at iHart. I'm loving it.

I have not been able to watch the last games since Mitch got hurt at a regular pace and detail but do think the offense is hitting a different level across the board?

I don't think it'll happen soon but I still think there is long term shooting potential for iHart. Just wonder when it'll show up.

martin
USA
12/26/2023  1:47 PM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/26/2023  3:09 PM
martin wrote:

Note how also DDV cuts into the lane for a pass or a rebound.......
Knicks are moving about!

DDV, I know many want more minutes for him. More is usually better, but some players might have a ceiling because they play hard and can't go full starter minutes, or they would get injured.

Im on the fence about IQ in this manner as well. More is better. Fatigue is also under rated. Players gets tired they get prone to making mistakes. NBA players are super hero's but some more than others.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/26/2023  3:22 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:

Can we sign him to an extension please!

Mitchell Robinson Injury - Would you change your season win total?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy