[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Phuck! (Mitch out for season)
Author Thread
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

12/21/2023  2:37 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
Rookie wrote:I hate to bring this guy up again but desperate times call for desperate measures. The most talented big out there is still Kai Jones.

*EDIT* I see he is repped by Klutch so never mind

Not trying to be a jerk because I’m very into great athletes but when you say most talented - my initial thought is talented at what? Besides being a complete moron/psycho he has shown no true basketball skill. So bad his team told him to go away.

I'm just spitballing. I'll leave it to the experts on this board to talk themselves out of every player who might be available.

AUTOADVERT
Rookie

12/21/2023  2:59 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Yeah, not getting the trade for a starting center thing. IHart is ours. Also not for Kai Jones types who won't last the interview with Thibs. But depth at the 5 - and 4 - seems prudent.

There was chatter not too long ago to trade for KAT and then Embiid. Those guys are definitely starting calibre players and Mitch wasn't even injured at the time. Just saying, this team should never stop trying to upgrade the roster. Kai might be a knucklehead, I don't really know. I thought it was probably a substance abuse issue. It's been kept pretty hush so I don't think anyone knows what the real deal is on him.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

12/21/2023  3:32 PM
Nalod wrote:We need someone for a 10 day until simms is back, not a desperate situation.
Is Herb Williams in shape?

Sims has looked pretty bad in small view - I like the kid think he works hard but he sure seems like a 4.5 tweener who’s best attribute is his ability to move his feet but he doesn’t guard pick/roll, the post or block shots timely.

I think they go for a better player via trade or a Noel type but not a 10 day — at least that’s my guess.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

12/21/2023  3:34 PM
Rookie wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Rookie wrote:I hate to bring this guy up again but desperate times call for desperate measures. The most talented big out there is still Kai Jones.

Not trying to be a jerk because I’m very into great athletes but when you say most talented - my initial thought is talented at what? Besides being a complete moron/psycho he has shown no true basketball skill. So bad his team told him to go away.

I'm just spitballing. I'll leave it to the experts on this board to talk themselves out of every player who might be available.

Well done — going to keep talking to myself

Rookie

12/21/2023  4:28 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
Rookie wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Well done — going to keep talking to myself

How's that going?

Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
12/21/2023  4:31 PM
I am busy for 2 days and all hell breaks loose. Mitch's injury makes things a whole lot harder this season. How do we possibly improve on last season without him?
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
12/21/2023  4:42 PM
No way Thibs would ever play someone like Kai Jones. Whoever comes here needs to have a proven rim protector and rebounder and won't demand shots. Which is why I think Drummond is our best option. He can be acquired for a cheap contract plus a 1st imo.
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

12/21/2023  4:43 PM
SergioNYK wrote:No way Thibs would ever play someone like Kai Jones. Whoever comes here needs to have a proven rim protector and rebounder and won't demand shots. Which is why I think Drummond is our best option. He can be acquired for a cheap contract plus a 1st imo.

Going down that path, Dwight Howard would come even cheaper

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/21/2023  4:57 PM
SergioNYK wrote:No way Thibs would ever play someone like Kai Jones. Whoever comes here needs to have a proven rim protector and rebounder and won't demand shots. Which is why I think Drummond is our best option. He can be acquired for a cheap contract plus a 1st imo.

No way you give up a first for Drummond. A protected second is the most you give up for a guy you have no intention of keeping past the year. I'd rather just sign someone like Noel or Howard into the exception.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/21/2023  6:13 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

No way you give up a first for Drummond. A protected second is the most you give up for a guy you have no intention of keeping past the year. I'd rather just sign someone like Noel or Howard into the exception.

I don’t care in the least if Howard is freaky or whatever but can’t see Knicks signing him in wake of sexual assault case. Also looking at his Wikipedia page there are quotes as to him being “world’s worst teammate.” I always liked Noel but I’m guessing the FO goes left field if at all.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/21/2023  6:29 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I don’t care in the least if Howard is freaky or whatever but can’t see Knicks signing him in wake of sexual assault case. Also looking at his Wikipedia page there are quotes as to him being “world’s worst teammate.” I always liked Noel but I’m guessing the FO goes left field if at all.

OK, it doesn't have to be Howard. But my point is that the team shouldn't spend assets on a guy who likely isn't going to be here past this season. My stance on this would change if we lost iHart too. But, as of now, we have Sims coming back in a few games and we have Taj in the glass box to break in case of emergency. I think Noel would be good enough in a limited role and we can just sign him without giving anything up.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Rookie

12/21/2023  6:56 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

OK, it doesn't have to be Howard. But my point is that the team shouldn't spend assets on a guy who likely isn't going to be here past this season. My stance on this would change if we lost iHart too. But, as of now, we have Sims coming back in a few games and we have Taj in the glass box to break in case of emergency. I think Noel would be good enough in a limited role and we can just sign him without giving anything up.

Are we still paying Joakim Noah?

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/21/2023  7:09 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

And I don’t disagree with you 🙂
SergioNYK
USA
12/22/2023  9:08 AM
The Post takes a look at some potential options for them:

Andre Drummond: The Knicks kicked the tires on him in 2021. He’s a very good rebounder and improved free-throw shooter. The Bulls are not at the point of fire sale yet, but they could certainly get there sitting at 12-17 overall. Plus, the 6-foot-11, 30-year-old Drummond is an unrestricted free agent-to-be.

Nerlens Noel: The veteran free agent can be had for virtually nothing, but his stint did not end well with the Knicks, who were disappointed that he was rarely available in the 2021-22 season, his final with the team after signing a fairly sizable contract. Noel has only played a combined 42 games the previous three seasons, though he was a productive Knick in 2020-21, averaging 5.1 points, 6.4 rebounds and 2.2 blocks for a playoff team.

Clint Capela: Similar to Drummond, it would depend on the Hawks opting to move him. But the rim-running, shot-blocking Capela would start for the Knicks. Capela has one year left on his contract at $22.2 million, but the Hawks are languishing and just signed young big man Onyeka Okongwu to a four-year, $62 million extension. This would be a splash move.

Nick Richards: The 26-year-old Richards is enjoying the best season of his four-year pro career, posting career-highs in points (8.4), rebounds (6.6), blocks (1.2) and minutes (21.1). He’s on an affordable contract, one guaranteed year left at $5 million, but the Hornets’ future at center is second-year player Mark Williams. Plus, we all know how much the Knicks love those Kentucky guys.

Bismack Biyombo: Strong shot-blocker and rebounder, Biyombo is playing on a one-year contract for the Grizzlies. Memphis is the midst of a dreadful year, with just seven wins in 26 games entering Thursday, although the return of Ja Morant could change that. Still, the 31-year-old Biyombo could be moved at the deadline if the Grizzlies’ situation doesn’t shift dramatically.

Precious Achiuwa: The lawsuit between the Knicks and Raptors could complicate things, and Achiuwa isn’t a traditional center, since he doesn’t block shots and is undersized at 6-8. But the Bronx native does have court-spacing ability and is an explosive finisher around the basket. He is also a restricted free agent and the Raptors aren’t contenders.

https://nypost.com/2023/12/22/sports/potential-center-options-for-knicks-as-nba-trade-deadline-nears/

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/22/2023  9:13 AM
Rookie wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Rookie wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Rookie wrote:Vucevic is trade eligible in another week. Reasonable contract, decent production.

Not ideal because his deal runs through 26. The team is already up near the hard cap and contract doesn't help the situation.

Yeah our cap future is murky. He is a tradeable asset down the road

Guarantee 60mil and he on first year of extension. Paid 18.5 this year.
And who is hot now? Bulls! Why would they dump him if the season is still workable?
They want even and a second? Maybe.
but......We have Mitch a few more years, and iHart will want to be paid.

Mitch is great but we are so slow and predictable with him in the lineup. Even Randle is running the floor now. You just can't play with pace or spread the floor with Mitch.

But…..Mitch blocking shots, steals and disruptions on defense lead to fast transitions.
Your correct in the half court offense, but his offensive rebounding prowess very much adds up.
They can spread the floor as long as his defender stays with him.
Knick ball movement is improved but we don’t tabulate well in assists.

SergioNYK
USA
12/22/2023  9:16 AM
Some of you who think we are somehow better without Rob cause we can play faster are in for a rude awakening.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/22/2023  9:20 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
Nalod wrote:We need someone for a 10 day until simms is back, not a desperate situation.
Is Herb Williams in shape?

Sims has looked pretty bad in small view - I like the kid think he works hard but he sure seems like a 4.5 tweener who’s best attribute is his ability to move his feet but he doesn’t guard pick/roll, the post or block shots timely.

I think they go for a better player via trade or a Noel type but not a 10 day — at least that’s my guess.

Sims looked last and teams abused him. But I’ll give the small sample and hoping he’d start to “feel” what was happening over 5-10 games. Starting was a good idea as Thibs can yank him and get him straighted out. Sims does not have the length. His hops are there for sure. His hands? I did not see enough to render a valid opinion.

Trades could be work in progress and are the easiest for fans to comprehend. Fact is they don’t always work out and traded player can get injured too and then we had blown an asset for what? iHart was here for this reason last year as mitch played into shape.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/22/2023  9:31 AM
Nalod wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Rookie wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Rookie wrote:Vucevic is trade eligible in another week. Reasonable contract, decent production.

Not ideal because his deal runs through 26. The team is already up near the hard cap and contract doesn't help the situation.

Yeah our cap future is murky. He is a tradeable asset down the road

Guarantee 60mil and he on first year of extension. Paid 18.5 this year.
And who is hot now? Bulls! Why would they dump him if the season is still workable?
They want even and a second? Maybe.
but......We have Mitch a few more years, and iHart will want to be paid.

Mitch is great but we are so slow and predictable with him in the lineup. Even Randle is running the floor now. You just can't play with pace or spread the floor with Mitch.

But…..Mitch blocking shots, steals and disruptions on defense lead to fast transitions.
Your correct in the half court offense, but his offensive rebounding prowess very much adds up.
They can spread the floor as long as his defender stays with him.
Knick ball movement is improved but we don’t tabulate well in assists.

For all of the things Mitch did well for the starting lineup - offensive rebounds and defense in general - Knicks gonna get a hard look at what a little less defense and rebounding looks like but with better spacing and ball movement. Can iHart stand up to other quality opponents and centers?

Knicks will get to find out. And maybe that is long term beneficial if iHart gets more shots and confidence with the passing. It's a strength of his and the Knicks have underutilized it.

Contract year too, so iHart got no excuses to creating his own path forward and next $$$

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/22/2023  9:59 AM
He heard the Knicks needed a backup C and was auditioning

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
12/22/2023  3:32 PM
Capela would be interesting for Fournier + picks or something like that. It's a rental though and they probably will want more than that. Probably would want Grimes.

One thing about all these injuries is that Hartenstein will play a lot more and probably earn a pretty big contract this offseason and we'll have to decide whether we want to pay that. So someone we acquire might be a hedge as a backup C to Mitch next year.

Phuck! (Mitch out for season)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy