ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
12/18/2023  10:13 PM
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/18/2023  10:27 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/18/2023  10:54 PM
Watching RJ, at times, is like watching a HS kid play. One who thinks scoring is the only part of basketball.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
12/18/2023  11:03 PM

not setting up Sims to win. He went from never playing to starting against the leagues best.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
12/18/2023  11:16 PM
Clean wrote:
not setting up Sims to win. He went from never playing to starting against the leagues best.

Stupid tweet. I've seen it done multiple other times in all sports, the if a guy is doing well in a certain spot (ie Back up center), you don't move him out of that spot if someone is hurt because if both guys who move up don't pan out in new roles it hurts you in 2 spots.

You start Sims to keep iHart in his rhythm (funny how keeping Q in rhythm was such a huge deal, but now that he is doing just that with iHart, it's not what he should be doing).

Truth is with Mitch down NO ONE will be set up for success trying to fill his role.

Sorry, I just can't stand double standards.

~You can't run from who you are.~
HofstraBBall

12/18/2023  11:16 PM
Clean wrote:

Understanding he averages only 18 min and IHart 32, in those starts, also important.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
joec32033
USA
12/18/2023  11:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/18/2023  11:19 PM
I don't watch alot of Lakers home games, but I gotta say, I dig the lighting that highlights the court and is a little darker on the outside of it, kind of muting the crowd and highlighting the athletes.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/18/2023  11:26 PM
Go Knicks! And Taj is in….
HofstraBBall

12/18/2023  11:31 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Watching RJ, at times, is like watching a HS kid play. One who thinks scoring is the only part of basketball.

at times....

BigDaddyG

12/18/2023  11:31 PM
The fact that Lebron hasn't imposed his will yet has me scared. That said, we just seem a step quicker so far.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

12/18/2023  11:32 PM
Jules finally gets a breather.
Clean
12/18/2023  11:33 PM
joec32033 wrote:
Clean wrote:

Stupid tweet. I've seen it done multiple other times in all sports, the if a guy is doing well in a certain spot (ie Back up center), you don't move him out of that spot if someone is hurt because if both guys who move up don't pan out in new roles it hurts you in 2 spots.

You start Sims to keep iHart in his rhythm (funny how keeping Q in rhythm was such a huge deal, but now that he is doing just that with iHart, it's not what he should be doing).

Truth is with Mitch down NO ONE will be set up for success trying to fill his role.

Well when Sims does badly Hart comes in for him early anyway and then he is not in his usual role. So what is the difference?

BigDaddyG

12/18/2023  11:39 PM
No big deal. Jules had to rest at some point.
BigDaddyG

12/18/2023  11:41 PM
Also, when did Toddbot develop this finger fetish. Toes I can understand, but this new fetish is abhorrent.
joec32033
USA
12/18/2023  11:47 PM
Clean wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Clean wrote:

Well when Sims does badly Hart comes in for him early anyway and then he is not in his usual role. So what is the difference?

My problem wasn't with you, it was a gaslighting, stupid tweet. I understand the strategy of doing what the tweet is calling into question, and have seen it done multiple times before. As a parrallel, I don't think the Spurs ever started Manu because of an injury to the starting 2 or 3.

I just have problems with double standards, and I listen to all these Knicks podcasts and I wish these guys would temper their agendas a little bit and focus on the actual game. For example I've heard podcasts where they guys was talking about a bad game for Grimes and he said "it wasn't as bad as Barret has when he is off but he had a bad game" or something strongly to that effect.

This seems like a pot shot at Thibs (If I am correct, that particular tweeter is not a fan of Thibs) so he is taking a crack at a common practice that is done a lot with a definitive benefit if you do it. But somehow because Thibs did it it's not putting our 3rd string center in the best position to succeed. Sorry, I want to see Sims succeed if it means the Knicks win. I can draw the same parallell with Grimes from a few weeks ago. People wanted to change the whole system to "activate Grimes". Bull****. They weren't doing bad. They were winning. Why am I making wholesale strategy changes to my team to activate the 4th option of my starters (possibly even 5th if they are looking to lob up Mitch)?

Sorry for the rant, I just get fed up with people reaching for stupid negative circumstances when a little common sense will tell you exactly why something is happening.

Clean
12/19/2023  12:03 AM
joec32033 wrote:
Clean wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Clean wrote:

My problem wasn't with you, it was a gaslighting, stupid tweet. I understand the strategy of doing what the tweet is calling into question, and have seen it done multiple times before. As a parrallel, I don't think the Spurs ever started Manu because of an injury to the starting 2 or 3.

I just have problems with double standards, and I listen to all these Knicks podcasts and I wish these guys would temper their agendas a little bit and focus on the actual game. For example I've heard podcasts where they guys was talking about a bad game for Grimes and he said "it wasn't as bad as Barret has when he is off but he had a bad game" or something strongly to that effect.

This seems like a pot shot at Thibs (If I am correct, that particular tweeter is not a fan of Thibs) so he is taking a crack at a common practice that is done a lot with a definitive benefit if you do it. But somehow because Thibs did it it's not putting our 3rd string center in the best position to succeed. Sorry, I want to see Sims succeed if it means the Knicks win. I can draw the same parallell with Grimes from a few weeks ago. People wanted to change the whole system to "activate Grimes". Bull****. They weren't doing bad. They were winning. Why am I making wholesale strategy changes to my team to activate the 4th option of my starters (possibly even 5th if they are looking to lob up Mitch)?

Sorry for the rant, I just get fed up with people reaching for stupid negative circumstances when a little common sense will tell you exactly why something is happening.

I did not think you were talking about me or take any issue with what you were saying. We are all just talking about a difference of opinion. My question was a legit question not out of anger or anything like that. I can see your point with keeping Hart in his comfy role but in reality Sims does so bad that Hart has to play outside of his role anyway. So why not just start him and give Sims a chance to play well vs backups.

BigDaddyG

12/19/2023  12:11 AM
Man, we got to hit them open 3s.
[Game Thread 12/18/23 @ 10:30PM] Knicks at Lakers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy