[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 12/13/23 @ 9PM] Knicks at Jazz
Author Thread
EwingPSD
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9129

12/15/2023  10:17 AM
joec32033 wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:Disappointing loss. We've hit a slump defensively which happens every long season. We're just not playing our 'A' game at the end and teams are killing us from three. We still had two really good shots to tie this game and Hart and Brunson just missed them. Brunson has also hit a bit of a slump for him. Finished with 23 but it was a quiet 23 and got cooked defensively by Sexton a couple of times and missed FT's and turned the ball over too much. But he'll be fine.

RJ was awful. I thought he was getting back into a groove but he was just awful last night. Couldn't buy a basket (0/7 from three, 3/16 overall) and was too lethargic in his defensive effort. Randle was a monster once again. Started out hot in the first and I thought he was on his way to a 40 point game. We really missed Rob. I don't think Kessler and the Jazz grabs those 15 offensive rebounds with Rob in there.

I think we'll be fine. Thibs will fix it. It's one of those in season slumps that happens. But it has to start with defense. Have to find a way to get 2 of these next 4 on the road before the Bucks mini series.

The whole team had a **** game and they almost won. You single out RJ (-4 +/-), but of the people who sucked, he actually sucked the least at least according to the numbers. They almost won because their big two played like it and their support staff sucked (except DD).

My opinion for RJ is known, and I don't mean to sound like an apologist, but sometimes it seems people have blinders on when they single his ****ty games out when the entire team (save for Randle and Brunson) played an entire **** game. That isn't a fair way to judge.

You can't rank players by single game plus/minus

AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Member: #748
12/15/2023  11:00 AM
We are going to beat the suns and send the fan base into a frenzy. It happens all the time. We step up and play to the level of our competition. That includes broadway barrett.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
12/15/2023  4:26 PM
EwingPSD wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:Disappointing loss. We've hit a slump defensively which happens every long season. We're just not playing our 'A' game at the end and teams are killing us from three. We still had two really good shots to tie this game and Hart and Brunson just missed them. Brunson has also hit a bit of a slump for him. Finished with 23 but it was a quiet 23 and got cooked defensively by Sexton a couple of times and missed FT's and turned the ball over too much. But he'll be fine.

RJ was awful. I thought he was getting back into a groove but he was just awful last night. Couldn't buy a basket (0/7 from three, 3/16 overall) and was too lethargic in his defensive effort. Randle was a monster once again. Started out hot in the first and I thought he was on his way to a 40 point game. We really missed Rob. I don't think Kessler and the Jazz grabs those 15 offensive rebounds with Rob in there.

I think we'll be fine. Thibs will fix it. It's one of those in season slumps that happens. But it has to start with defense. Have to find a way to get 2 of these next 4 on the road before the Bucks mini series.

The whole team had a **** game and they almost won. You single out RJ (-4 +/-), but of the people who sucked, he actually sucked the least at least according to the numbers. They almost won because their big two played like it and their support staff sucked (except DD).

My opinion for RJ is known, and I don't mean to sound like an apologist, but sometimes it seems people have blinders on when they single his ****ty games out when the entire team (save for Randle and Brunson) played an entire **** game. That isn't a fair way to judge.

You can't rank players by single game plus/minus

Um. The conversation was about this singular game in a thread that is explicitly titled to be about a single game.

Both your bias and lack of situational awareness are showing. Impressive

~You can't run from who you are.~
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/15/2023  8:48 PM
We miss Mitch. Especially his rim protection and offensive rebounding.
JB not 100. Forcing things.
With 20 seconds left, we get an offensive rebound. Kick out to JB and he forces a long three. IQ and Randle were wide open and 11 left on shot clock. Game.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/16/2023  12:44 AM
blkexec wrote:We are going to beat the suns and send the fan base into a frenzy. It happens all the time. We step up and play to the level of our competition. That includes broadway barrett.

You called it.

[Game Thread 12/13/23 @ 9PM] Knicks at Jazz

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy